The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What are some quests that give cool rewards?

ezmaye
ezmaye
✭✭✭
Hi there
I've never really been into questing personally, but am trying to get into it. I wanted to know if there were certain quests people would recommend that have a cool/fun reward as opposed to just gold.

I've been told the main quest in N elsweyr gives a house, so am starting on that. Are there other quests likes this? Or ones that give skins/personalities etc.

Open to all suggestions

Thanks in advance
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 18, 2022 7:42PM
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    more mount quests..
    more pets..
    more cool stuff to wear..
    cool new hair styles.. and eyes and stuff..
    will be cool
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This quest is pretty cool, you get a skeleton costume for it, and some of the dialogue is pretty amusing also.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-skeleton-polymorph-guide/
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    This quest is pretty cool, you get a skeleton costume for it, and some of the dialogue is pretty amusing also.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-skeleton-polymorph-guide/

Thanks for the tip! Will add this to the list :D
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a quest but the Master Fisher achievement will allow you to get a boat.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5-part Telvanni questline in Sadrith Mora gives a really cool wizard-y personality, and is honestly one of the best quests in the game. It is longer than most, though.

Also, you should look at the "Prologue" section of the Quest achievements in your journal—a lot of them give a little memento or outfit style.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezmaye wrote: »
    Hi there
    I've never really been into questing personally, but am trying to get into it. I wanted to know if there were certain quests people would recommend that have a cool/fun reward as opposed to just gold.

I've been told the main quest in N elsweyr gives a house, so am starting on that. Are there other quests likes this? Or ones that give skins/personalities etc.

Open to all suggestions

Thanks in advance

There are a few decent quests that give cool items, but could be a lot more. They reserve most items for the crown store though, and they are not earnable in game unfortunately. Also, being in the right place at the right time, like buying the latest DLC/Chapter during it's launch, has rewarded a house at least twice now I recall.

I personally wish they would add a lot, a real lot, more items to be earned in game. As it gives you a great reason to keep playing once you have done almost everything else.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have the Blackwood there is a cool quest to get a bog dog pet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwAGBeP7FQA
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the DLC main story quest lines give something cool, in the way of Costumes, Furniture, Pets, Markings, Emotes, etc. Also OP, just a note; that free House requires a handful of Tablets to fully unlock. You get two of them during the main quest in Elsweyr, one for the main quest in Dragonguard, and one for doing the dungeons Lair of Maarselok and Moongrave Fane on normal.

Hall of the Lunar Champion
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In each zone, there is an achievement furnisher with different furnishings you get for (mostly) questing.
    So for a player who likes housing, questing with at least one char is a good idea. You also get colors to dye your armor and titles :)
    PC/EU
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The public dungeon in Bangkorai gives you a dwemer spider pet when you do the quest. The dungeon is called Razak's Wheel, and it's in the southern-most part of Bangkorai.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get costumes by doing the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quest-lines. Also, at the end of the Thieves Guild quest-line you get a summonable Khajiit assistant that can fence your stolen goods for you, although you get less gold for them than you would if you used any other fence in the game.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prologue quest to Greymoor gives your an outfit style consisting of a scale mail tunic, belt and furry collar. All very nice.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and the quest where you pick up all the bits around Tamriel dwemer dungeons, and get the 3000HP target dummy that complains a lot. He is pretty funny! It starts in Clockwork City,
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much like all the collection quests! The Museum quests and such. They are my favorite all time.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Museums
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pretty much like all the collection quests! The Museum quests and such. They are my favorite all time.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Museums

I love them too! I look forward to them with every new expansion.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people don't know that you can get dungeon pets for just entering the dungeon. There may be some where you have to do something, but as you are out questing, just poke your head into any DLC dungeons you pass.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, any cosmetic that you can earn will be lame compared to anything you can buy in the crown store. It's a big shame.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamicka wrote: »
    Honestly, any cosmetic that you can earn will be lame compared to anything you can buy in the crown store. It's a big shame.

Not at all true. Many of the "earned" skins and body imprints are WAY better than anything in the crownstore (except for the moarmer skin....my favorite!).

The Psijic line body markings are everywhere and are earned...same with the blackmarrow (????) necromancy skin. And a few of the other skins...like sanctified silver. The body markings from doing vet dungeon for either shipwrights or coral aerie were really cool too...and different and better than anything in the crown store.

I would say much of the best looking stuff...from dye's, markings and skins are actually earned in game. It just might be that they suit my sense of style better though.,