The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crowns are simply too expensive, even after discount.

Eliran
Eliran
✭✭✭✭✭
As simple as title can be, especially with crown crates so expensive.

Heck at this point buying crowns is not even an option for me and probably the grand majority of the community.

Its just not worth it, to keep it all up with inflation and what not.

I think you would see far more sales if the crowns price would drop, not to mention how much Crowns dictate the game and being sold by gold all day.

Its not fun.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think because subscription is optional they have to supplement with the cash store, and though I do agree that crown prices are high, I think part the bigger problem is that some items prices are extremely high (like houses) and that a lot of the shiny stuff just go directly to crates, with crumbles making their way to the store for direct sale. The crates boost crown sales even more, given their RNG, and it turns into a vicious cycle. If more things were for direct sale in the store, I think people would more gladly buy and spend crowns.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. You pay almost 50 euros for a single house.

But thing is, that there are actually a lot of players who buy them- every.single.house.

So as long as it works out, they don't have a reason to change anything.

• Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the number of radiant apexes I see running around, there are a lot of players spending a lot of money on crowns.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    Judging by the number of radiant apexes I see running around, there are a lot of players spending a lot of money on crowns.

Yep, it is a very profitable business. Zos has no incentive to change the model.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, you can get them with seals of endeavors now...
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I do not buy things from the crown store, mostly because I find them unnecessary, enough players are buying enough items that Zenimax sees the pricing is sufficient. Especially with the crates as I have seen threads where players comment they have purchased numerous crates. That stream of revenue going straight to the bank speaks louder than any thread in these forums could hope for.
  • RpgFan12
    RpgFan12
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed as long as enough people keep buying overpriced items or crowns no reason for ZOS to modify anything except for the three or two time that crowns go for sale.
  • Avishag
    Avishag
    ✭✭✭

Actually, you can get them with seals of endeavors now...

That doesn't count unfortunately, since you have to collect the endevours for a year, before you can buy a mount. That is not not even some kind of minimum, when there are weekly new, shiny stuff in the store.