The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So I Finally Started my First Alt

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
After 8 years I finally managed to let go of my NB and his accomplishments and made a new character. What's next? I am curious, do people bother to do every single quest again? I do recall that NPC's tend to recognize you later on if you meet them again, must feel nice, especially in new chapters (unless they do even if you didn't quest with them before) it's one of the main reasons I didn't want to make a new character, because I would have to do all 'that' again. New skill-lines, the silly mount training system and everything else I can (somewhat) deal with, but doing every campaign again would probably burn me out. Sad thing is, I do plan on maxing crafting on this one too for the writs and I WILL need many skill points, so I don't think I can avoid the main quests.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 17 Alts. 4 are Mules, the rest get played.

I do what ever i want on my Alts. Skip around zones, do some story content, do some grinding, do some farming, do whatever.

Hint, have your main feed gear to the Alt to help level the craft lines through decon.

And, since you are going to focus on crafting, start researching traits. Now.
    Edited by Nestor on April 16, 2022 10:34PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i do make a new toon, i usually only prioritize main quests that unlock skill lines

this includes:
    • harborage quests (rank up soul magic skill line)
    • mages/fighters/undaunted intro quests (unlock skill lines)
    • dark brotherhood (to unlock skill line/blade of woe)
    • mages guild questline (to unlock eyevea, but also because sheo is entertaining lol)
    • fighters guild questline (to unlock earth forge)
    • imperial city storyline (kind of interesting and gives 1-2k tel var in total rewards)
    • public dungeon quests (not really to unlock anything, but im there anyway for skyshards/group boss skill point so its more xp)
    • psijic (to be able to loot psijic portals, but i dont commonly do the entire thing)

edit: added psijic unlock
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on April 20, 2022 6:02PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also train my horse. I have lots of alts but only one is close to having a totally upgraded horse. If its my old account I have to wait until a free ESO+ weekend to unlock the Thieves Guild so I can open treasure boxes.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    I also train my horse. I have lots of alts but only one is close to having a totally upgraded horse. If its my old account I have to wait until a free ESO+ weekend to unlock the Thieves Guild so I can open treasure boxes.

you can find thieves troves without joining the thieves guild first (in fact that is one of the ways to unlock the skill line is opening your first trove on that toon)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014