Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Will this set combo work with full bonus?

Biscuit_290
Biscuit_290
✭✭✭
Mag dk DD. Here's what I want to do:
Stormfist head and shoulders, 4 relequen (armour + jewellery) pieces, 4 bahsei (armour + jewellery) pieces, 1 relequen dagger on front bar + 1 bahsei dagger on front bar, relequen destro staff on back bar.

The idea is to have relequen's bonus running at all times, even when I switch to the back bar so that the 5-piece rule remains satisfied (Hence putting its staff on back bar as well). Since I use dw mainly, I want bahsei to work on the front bar, so I keep one dagger as the 5th piece of the set. Both sets should have 5 part-bonus on at all times- 4 through armour and jewellery and the 5th through one of the weapons. Will this work?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but... you won't have the 5 piece bonus active on both bars, you will have 4 bahsei and 6(!) Rele on your back bar.

If you really want rele active at all times then put 5 pieces on body/ jewels, and 3 x bahsei on body/ jewels with daggers for front bar 5 piece. This gives you a back bar slot for an ability altering weapon.

If you want both sets always active I recommend dropping your monster set and wearing them all on your body jewels for 2 ability-altering weapons.

Tldr- - yes you will have both sets active on your front bar, but it is a sub-optimal way to do it.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    Had to write it down to realise my mistake :P
    As you said, I forgot that bahsei only has 5 total items in the build I described and it would not give the 5 piece bonus. I didn't want to drop the monster set. Isn't there a way to have everything?
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Yes, but... you won't have the 5 piece bonus active on both bars, you will have 4 bahsei and 6(!) Rele on your back bar.

If you really want rele active at all times then put 5 pieces on body/ jewels, and 3 x bahsei on body/ jewels with daggers for front bar 5 piece. This gives you a back bar slot for an ability altering weapon.

If you want both sets always active I recommend dropping your monster set and wearing them all on your body jewels for 2 ability-altering weapons.

Tldr- - yes you will have both sets active on your front bar, but it is a sub-optimal way to do it.

Wait no scratch my comment. I went over it again and got confused now. How is that sub optimal? Other than my using relequen staff on back bar, what is wrong with it?
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    It's good if I change relequen back-bar-staff to something else, isn't it?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Three ways to keep both sets up all the time:

1. 5 Relequen body and 5 Bahseis' with 3 jewels and 2 destro staves/2 daggers + 1 destro staff. Leaves room for a monster set
    2. 5 Relequen Body, 3 Bahseis jewels, 2 Bahseis body pieces, 2 VMA/Asylum/DSA, etc staves
    3. Do what @Jim_Pipp 2. said

The huge problem with #1, no space for a VMA staff. That is a major source of DPS. With #2 you lose any opportunity to run a monster set or mythic item, i.e. the kilt. With #3 you can run a VMA staff, but Bahseis would not be up on the back bar.

There are many reasons these 3 options are sub-optimal. First, you don't need Bahseis up on your back bar. The back bar is typically for DOTs, self-buffs, and heals. You want your front bar to be your primary damage source. Second, they are both trials sets, so they have duplicate Minor Slayer buffs. Those do not stack so one of them is a wasted buff.

But, the biggest issue I have with this build is that it is for a Mag DK. Mag DKs do not get a lot from 5 pieces of medium armor. The useful passives are a crit damage bump and a spell damage bump. Stamina cost and recovery is useless. Sneaking is useless. Roll dodging is okay. But medium armor is meant for melee characters who have to move a lot so its geared towards stamina. Which is why wearing 7 pieces of light armor is better for mag characters, who are more ranged and the passives are all relevant.

If I were you, I'd run 5 body pieces of Bahsei's to have that up the whole time. Then, if you want to run daggers, run Aegis Caller daggers and jewelry. You need melee crit damage to proc Aegis Caller, which can be done through the daggers. But its going to be harder with a mag build than it would be on a stam build as stam skills are typically the source of melee crit damage. If you want to run staves, get a set like Medusa, Mother's Sorrow, Kinras, or a damage set that procs off of any damage or magicka damage. You don't want or need two trial sets
    Edited by El_Borracho on April 15, 2022 6:15PM
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    think I am starting to get it now