Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for High Isle Preview Event Recap and Prologue Quest Announcement

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the following articles:

Race Against Time in the High Isle Prologue Quests
An unsteady chance for peace between the Three Alliances is at risk of being shattered, and it’s up to you to discover a grand conspiracy that threatens the Bretons and all of Tamriel.
rt7a9iki5axn.jpg

High Isle Chapter Preview Reveals New Information on ESO’s Next Big Adventure
Miss the show? Check out all the reveals, news, and information from the recent High Isle Chapter Preview.
3bs2yesc1afz.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 14, 2022 9:02PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly was the dullest eso reveal/live or whatever it was ever. Really didn't convince me to pre order at all.

Was very meh about the card game to start and honestly it was so tedious to watch. Like even everyone if the stream seemed half asleep.

Quite disappointed really. Eso lives used to be a fun regular event.
  • jimlabadie
    jimlabadie
    Soul Shriven
    Wow! Zenimax achieved something I thought impossible with the card game. They made Murkmire look good. Perhaps they could try a dental surgery mini game.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »
    Honestly was the dullest eso reveal/live or whatever it was ever. Really didn't convince me to pre order at all.

Was very meh about the card game to start and honestly it was so tedious to watch. Like even everyone if the stream seemed half asleep.

I noticed the energy level was a bit lower and much less showcase-y. I enjoyed hearing from the designers and the people involved most directly with the design of the Chapter, which we've been seeing more often. I feel like that's usually very insightful and interesting. But I think previous Chapter previews have shown more of the zone and the content hands-on.

The Tales of Tribute portion made me feel really eager to play it, but the game is also controversial in the community right now. It was great to hear how passionate the developers of the card game are about playing it lol, and I can totally believe it inspired internal tournaments. I just hope it remains balanced and well-upkept after launch. I wish there was more incentive to play with friends/guildmates and not just random queue.

It would be GREAT to see active support for seasonal Tales of Tribute tournament streams, whether that means a Bethesda-hosted stream, or sponsoring streamers and contributing prizes. Or providing Twitch drops!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭

I noticed the energy level was a bit lower and much less showcase-y. I enjoyed hearing from the designers and the people involved most directly with the design of the Chapter, which we've been seeing more often. I feel like that's usually very insightful and interesting. But I think previous Chapter previews have shown more of the zone and the content hands-on.

The Tales of Tribute portion made me feel really eager to play it, but the game is also controversial in the community right now. It was great to hear how passionate the developers of the card game are about playing it lol, and I can totally believe it inspired internal tournaments. I just hope it remains balanced and well-upkept after launch. I wish there was more incentive to play with friends/guildmates and not just random queue.

It would be GREAT to see active support for seasonal Tales of Tribute tournament streams, whether that means a Bethesda-hosted stream, or sponsoring streamers and contributing prizes. Or providing Twitch drops!

I see your points. I think maybe the level of detail and focus though is a bit premature. Perhaps this would of been more suited to nearer or post release so we could experience the game and relate.

Maybe i am just so used to the previous streaming formats and information.

As it stands currently i am not buying the chapter in advance or in the day as such.

Banking on a sale within the first month ....
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the show was okay, I was mostly excited that the PTS is coming next week. :p Hopefully there will be enough guildies available to test the Trial.

I thought the card game looked okay, but I’m not super in to card games so I’m not sure how much my opinion matters there.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The presentation had low energy. I didn't get the sense that anyone was excited to be there and show things off for expansion. If you guys aren't excited for it, why should we be?

Card game looks how I thought it would - not bad just not for me. I was relieved to see it won't be monetized, so I appreciate that. Excited to see the new zone though, will have to check it out on PTS.

Definitely seems like a wait for sale product.
    Edited by Destai on April 15, 2022 1:55PM
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    Seriously I was expecting more on the area and housing etc! Like a run through the zone, new houses available, some quests.
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • raystormusa
    According to the article "DIVE DEEP INTO YOUR NEXT BIG ADVENTURE DURING THE ESO: HIGH ISLE CHAPTER PREVIEW!"
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61913

The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle UK recap
    Bethesda UK Reveal Recap! Join UK Community Manager Ophelia and special guests for a recap of the High Isle Chapter Preview Event.
    When April 19 at 17:00 BST
    Where:

It is now April 19 17:10 BST / April 19 at 12:10 EDT
    There are 255 viewers waiting in Twitch chat.
    There is no stream recap. Whats happening, ZOS ?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @raystormusa Our community manager got ill, so they had to cancel today's stream. They will update if they will reschedule once they are back on their feet.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    So glad they let everyone know it was cancelled then.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news; hope she feels better soon
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that they're over-hyping up the card game simply because of how terribly it was received by the player base