Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you Feel about Seaveil Spire?

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
For me, I like it, but I expected more, I'm just not sure what. One thing I definitely noticed is that the furnished version feels extremely poor. They could have done so much more for that price, but it seems the really unique & cool furnishings are sold separately with the furnishing bundles nowadays.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very disappointed in the furnished version, it feels like a ripoff. It's so sparsely furnished it's not really worth the extra crowns.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it but it's one of those homes that really make me wish we could set a custom entrance point to our houses. I'm not a fan of the surface entrance and it takes soooooo much space to get from room to room.

I'd love to make the default entrance in one of the underneath windowed rooms and make a small study there for myself without having to walk miles to get there.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    I like it but it's one of those homes that really make me wish we could set a custom entrance point to our houses. I'm not a fan of the surface entrance and it takes soooooo much space to get from room to room.

I'd love to make the default entrance in one of the underneath windowed rooms and make a small study there for myself without having to walk miles to get there.
    I'm honestly surprised custom entrance points aren't a thing after all these years. I have the same problem with Bastion Sanguinaris, I love it to bits but having to walk miles to get to my favorite part kills it for me, so I always end up going to water's edge. Some homes really have issues with accessibility, you just live out in the sticks, no writs nearby etc. but that's something for another thread.
    Edited by Shagreth on April 13, 2022 11:08PM
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel the house is underwhelming, in particular the underwater part. Beyond the bubble there could have been a lot more potential for colourful reef and marine life that move on a set path as a backdrop, at the very least.

Swim speed on the surface should also be at least Argonian paced.

There are towers that jut out of the water that don't translate to rooms in the interior design.

I wanted to like this, but it's half finished.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I plan to purchase this house, but am concerned about how to fill all the space, I mean the extremely high ceiling height just exacerbates the already huge areas. It is very pretty though, and the unique environment is the real draw.

As I mentioned before the glowing and shifting force fields are so distracting from the beautiful views, I wish they could really turn that down. That is my number one criticism.

I always preview the furnished version but also always get unfurnished to save crowns. At least I might be able to pick up the furnishing packs with Seals if I like them.

I hope to do more fishing to get coral furnishings to add to the place as well.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited for this, but I'm gonna pass.

I think it will be a difficult space to fill. Too big to decorate with small furnishings, and too uneven and irregular to fill up with big ones.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    I was excited for this, but I'm gonna pass.

I think it will be a difficult space to fill. Too big to decorate with small furnishings, and too uneven and irregular to fill up with big ones.

Same. I had high hopes for it but the more i examined and thought things through the more disillusioned I became with it. I love the nedic architecture and the eastern room with the underwater ocean view is beautiful, but the rest of the layout it rather clunky and I'm not a big fan of the northern underwater portion which should've been littered with more Nedic habitations/architecture, and from what I've seen the sunken ship is inaccessible as well.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Invisible walls around the towers so you can't jump to a ledge - makes me wonder if you're disallowed from connecting and walking on top of them.
    Sunken ship is too far away to really appreciate
    Great concept but falls short - imagine transparent tunnels like in aquariums where you're surrounded by sea life connecting the different rooms.
    Sea life also falls short. This house would sell more if you had giant creatures to view like the ticket earned Deadlands house. A whale vs squid or even a giant mudcrab. Schools of slaughterfish?

This place aches for living furnishings to liven it up - can you place a mudcrab outside the force field, underwater?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly ?

It is too big. Regular player (without ESO+) who will buy it (and it is quite expensive for in-game pixels) will not be able to decorate it properly. Sectioning-off certain parts of the house so that you can focus on one part to make it look good is kinda impossible with the huge open areas like this.

And even with ESO+ furnishing limit , decorating large house like this will be kinda hard to make it look good...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 14, 2022 7:51PM
  • Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly - It is too large to decorate effectively. The housing limit of 700 items is nowhere near enough for these overly massive houses. I will be making this a hard pass
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remembered of Xanmeer manor. I think I should wait for High Isle, we may actually see another aquatic home, maybe related to Sea Elves. But until then, what do you think of Seaveil Spire Vs. Xanmeer Manor? I REALLY want to like Seaveil, truly struggling, but I just can't. IF only it was smaller, had more unique furnishings and the sunken ship was actually down for us to make use of.. then it would probably end up being one of my favorites.
    Edited by Shagreth on April 14, 2022 10:13PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this but regarding the post in the Bug Reports section about the coral that I bought tons of and can’t see at all in there because of some lighting issue...I am having buyers regret. Already spent 300k gold on furnishing items for it and feeling like I made a big mistake. Just lost 14000 crowns too that I had saved up.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love many aspects of it, but it is far too huge. I already own too many large homes that I can never fully furnish, so I won’t be buying this one.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it a lot, and debating buying it because I haven't gotten a house for a long while and have the decorating itch. However, as stunning as it seems initially, you can easily get a template house, and use EHT effects to create a lot of similar structures, and in the exact way you'd like, indeed I've seen a sea-world house made this way before. Also, I think it has features that could have easily made two smaller, more cohesive houses: one nedic, like a lot of the delves we see in Craglorn (I've always liked nedic architecture and would have loved a template house a la Skyreach), and one aquatic house with the parts that are made by the grey rock and the spirals. As it is, it's way too spacious for 700 slots. Another thing I was a bit disappointed with was that there is an effect, like a wave, blipping every couple of seconds over the transparent walkway--that walkway is the best feature for me but the effect blipping in and out ruins it and it's visually very obtrusive. I wish there was a way to toggle it on/off (on that last point, if there is a class rep in touch the housing devs and could relay this request, that would be great!). The PTS for the new chapter is coming soon and I want to see what houses will be there next, so I'll sit on it for the time being.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I like it a lot, and debating buying it because I haven't gotten a house for a long while and have the decorating itch. However, as stunning as it seems initially, you can easily get a template house, and use EHT effects to create a lot of similar structures, and in the exact way you'd like, indeed I've seen a sea-world house made this way before. Also, I think it has features that could have easily made two smaller, more cohesive houses: one nedic, like a lot of the delves we see in Craglorn (I've always liked nedic architecture and would have loved a template house a la Skyreach), and one aquatic house with the parts that are made by the grey rock and the spirals. As it is, it's way too spacious for 700 slots. Another thing I was a bit disappointed with was that there is an effect, like a wave, blipping every couple of seconds over the transparent walkway--that walkway is the best feature for me but the effect blipping in and out ruins it and it's visually very obtrusive. I wish there was a way to toggle it on/off (on that last point, if there is a class rep in touch the housing devs and could relay this request, that would be great!). The PTS for the new chapter is coming soon and I want to see what houses will be there next, so I'll sit on it for the time being.

The Nedic architecture is what drew me in initially, with the aquatic aspect being second. I ended up buying it but I agree with your other points, especially about the force field effect--very annoying.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    My opinion is purely aesthetic, not size related, but i don't like it, I'm not a fan of the coral/fish/seaweed/whatnot looks or feel. I am hoping the entire years worth of furnishings aren't going to be that way and that the medieval Breton feel will come along with the next house.

But to each there own.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invisible walls around the towers so you can't jump to a ledge - makes me wonder if you're disallowed from connecting and walking on top of them.

For what it's worth- afriend built all the way up to the invisible skywall for high diving. I roll dodged off the side and landed on the ledge of one of the towers and was able to walk around there.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Cerulione
    Cerulione
    ✭✭✭
    I had high hope for this house mostly due to its natural underwater part, however the preceding nedic part that holds no interest to me is extremely annoying to properly build what I wished to be (underwater organic coral constructions). I end up choosing the easy way of building purely on the surface. I am satisfied of my work on Seaveil however I do agree with precedent posters up above for custom entrance point. I want a custom portal directly to the underwater cave. I do also understand some friend of mine wants the nedic part and not the organic part, some other will build only upstairs.

It is ok to give us MASSIVE place like this if we can have custom portal so that each and everyone of us can choose which area to use.

@Cerulione - PC/EU - housing enthusiast, forever magden
    Open House List:

Bouldertree Refuge: Bag End, a hobbit's hole
    Seaveil Spire: Summer Seahouse
    Amaya Lake Lodge: Diagon Alley
    Pantherfang Chapel: Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away
    Autumn's Gate: Autumnal Mountain Lodge
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's okay for what it offers. It's highly unique. But I'm just so, so sick of these large, gimmicky houses. When was the last time we got a decent medium-sized home?

I'll pass on this one and hope for something more reasonably sized in High Isle.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I was excited. Top level has plenty of area to build(and many of my characters are argonian so that helps) but the lower lvl...even the view ports to look underwater just seem....empty. I suppose we can fill it but Xanmeer had more to offer imo. I admit to being a bit spoiled with Conan exiles vs ESO building though. I always feel limited as is, especially with the housing limit.
  • saar
    saar
    ✭✭✭
    The upper section would be a great spot for an ocean resort/bungalow. I don't care much for the underwater part. Looks impossible to fully flesh out.
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    As I mentioned before the glowing and shifting force fields are so distracting from the beautiful views, I wish they could really turn that down. That is my number one criticism.
    Agreed - it really spoils the look.
    The one nerf I'm looking forward too!
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, it's pretty but not my style for a house.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    The views are nice.

The overall Space is too huge, and most of the individual spaces are also huge. I had a hard time finding any cohesive ideas on how to make something of the space other than some kind of undersea dormitory style base, maybe even making crop field in the "outside" dome.

I felt the shield visual for the dome/windows was too busy and took away from the view, by distorting it with the very wavy/blurry effect and obscuring it when the glow pattern lights up.

There are some interesting exterior features that would have been cool to have access too. The sunken ship could have been a cool room, and the tower spires could have given outstanding exterior views.

The finished version is super sparse and has almost no variety of items. Hope you like Orc tables and chairs! That said the sword chandeliers and the large cathedral style pews were nice.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ClevaTreva wrote: »
    Agreed - it really spoils the look.
    The one nerf I'm looking forward too!

This was a major detraction, but the fact that there is some weird blue color filter or something in the large undersea area that makes decorations look wrong was too much for me. I didn’t buy the house for the Nedic architecture, even though I do actually like that style, I just had no idea how I was going to decorate that space. It was all going to be about having a colorful, beautiful underwater area to enjoy and I just couldn’t get anything to work.

I would love to see pictures from any of you great decorators who have this same vision as I do and are able to make something wonderful. I got a refund and bought the Ragpicker and Armory assistants, not quite as exciting but they have already been highly useful.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kidna sad, I still very much want to get it, but it's simply not worth that amount of crowns, especially the furnished version. I mean, even the basic stuff like chairs etc. is orcish style [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on April 21, 2022 12:33PM
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    ...but the fact that there is some weird blue color filter or something in the large undersea area that makes decorations look wrong was too much for me.

You're correct there also; there is a porweful blue/green bias in the main dome area and it almost broke the build for me. Anything with a red hue just dies. Not mention that if you build anything in the centre and at height you'll be bathed in an overpowering light which bleaches out detail.

I'm quite experienced with lighting so I was able to overcome these problems to a degree but there was no warning or any way to tell that red things would wash out.

Wouldn't mind at least a part-refund, ZoS, if I'm honest - this one is VERY hard work and definitely not for the inexperienced!
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    ... either that or fix the lighting issues please. I know it's possible.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClevaTreva wrote: »
    ... either that or fix the lighting issues please. I know it's possible.
    It should be easy, but who knows. Hopefully it gets changed.

[snip]

[Edited for Discussion of Moderation Action]
    Edited by Psiion on April 21, 2022 8:27PM
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had high hopes initally because i love Nedic/Dwarven/Ayleid stuff but the more I explored it the more I became disappointed and decided to pass on it. Western wing layout is all messed up, I found the northern wing with the underwater part annoying after 5 minutes and even though you can build a bridge to the sunken ship its difficult and lopsided if you wanna turn it into a bedroom suite. Eastern wing was the only good part.