The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Shield when under dot attack

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi all

What if there is a dot on you (from pvp player)…
If you then cast a shield … does that then mitigate the damge and absorb it ?

Or do the dot ticks which was active before shield popping up still eat your health (instead of shield)

Practical question then. If being hit by a dot… then i assume its best to first cast shield … and then cast rapid regeneration for instance afterwards

Best Answer

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield always protects you from the damage. The only thing that can bypass anykind of shield and resistances is oblivion damage. Everything else needs to cut through shield first.
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    Hi all

Practical question then. If being hit by a dot… then i assume its best to first cast shield … and then cast rapid regeneration for instance afterwards

Yes. It's better to shield your self first and then use rapid regen as shield is kind of big bursty heal allowing you to survive next big hits, while rapid regen will slowly move your hp up.

The tricky part about shields is execute range. Although shield protects you from dying, it doesn't rise up your hp level and when you are in execute range you still take increased damage from executes so your shield will probably wont be enough to save you, so if you have acces to some big burst heals or hp potion its better to first heal up above execute range and then use shield for further healing.
    Edited by Mayrael on April 12, 2022 8:20AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Answer ✓
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that was very interesting , that last paragraph.

Thanks