Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

2 1-item monster sets

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Was wondering if it would be a viable solution to do the following
- 1 item domihaus
- 1 item swarm mother

They both give 1096 mag and stamina …
Thus together they give 2k mag and 2k stam

Is that a setup that others use ?
Can it be stronger then typical other 2-piece monstersets ?

I might use it for pvp, and was wondering how you guys look at it.

Emka8

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 10, 2022 9:33PM

Best Answers

• RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use both those on my Stamsorc and they're significantly more valuable than any 2 pc set for my play style. Have 4 k max stat is so useful for dodgeroll/streaking
    Answer ✓
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well to me individual boosts on Monster pieces far outweigh the 2-piece boons which most often have a percentual trigger.
    Answer ✓
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    I use both those on my Stamsorc and they're significantly more valuable than any 2 pc set for my play style. Have 4 k max stat is so useful for dodgeroll/streaking

I am a magsorc and will be using it for both as well.
    I use it combined with ring of wild hunt

The monster set used to be maw which was terribly effective/annoying against other pvp players 😂

Would you rather prefer 4K stats or the Maw-monsterset?

I've used wild hunt, too. I ended up switching to 3 swift because I gained the extra weapon damage glyph + the mag from Domi shoulders/swarm mother head.

Stam is so useful on magsorc to dodge roll into streak. Such an effective escape combo.

Break line of sight and pop invisibility potion and reset for maximum lols
    Answer ✓
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm using 1 or more proc sets for my 5 piece sets, or want to fit a mythic item into my setup, I'll use one or two 1-piece undaunted sets just for the raw stats they provide.

But no matter what kind of build you're running they're really great for just filling in holes in your setup.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
    Answer ✓
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on what your role and use case is, but nothing prevents you from doing that. Many builds mix 1-piece bonuses to maximize their stats better, like using Slimecraw's 1-piece for it's relatively high crit rating/slot bonus with something else, or if using a Mythic. Sometimes the raw stats are far better than taking on a proc.

Don't forget Prismatic armor enchants though. You can use a few of those to round out your stats in PvP too.
    Answer ✓
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on build and activity.

For example, many solo builds for doing high level content like Maelstrom or soloing dungeons use just 1 piece of a monster set for the stats, which are the best for any 1 piece of armor, in order to make room for the Ring of the Pale Order with it's 300+ spell/weapon power and 20% healing off damage done, while still having two 5-piece sets equipped.

For group content though, it's usually always best to have a 2 piece monster set as long as it's one of the good ones for your build.
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Depends on build and activity.

For example, many solo builds for doing high level content like Maelstrom or soloing dungeons use just 1 piece of a monster set for the stats, which are the best for any 1 piece of armor, in order to make room for the Ring of the Pale Order with it's 300+ spell/weapon power and 20% healing off damage done, while still having two 5-piece sets equipped.

For group content though, it's usually always best to have a 2 piece monster set as long as it's one of the good ones for your build.

How do you mean “300+ spell dmg “?
    Is ring of pale order not only for health regenaration (20% of your dmg done)

?

Or is there a tooltip that i overlooked ?

Thanks !
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭

The monster set used to be maw which was terribly effective/annoying against other pvp players 😂

• eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Depends on what your role and use case is, but nothing prevents you from doing that. Many builds mix 1-piece bonuses to maximize their stats better, like using Slimecraw's 1-piece for it's relatively high crit rating/slot bonus with something else, or if using a Mythic. Sometimes the raw stats are far better than taking on a proc.

Don't forget Prismatic armor enchants though. You can use a few of those to round out your stats in PvP too.

Yes all my armor are prismatic defense and the 3 big pieces are infused. The rest well fitted ;-)

Thank you though for the answer !

Could be good to indeed increase spell dmg when having the max stats from those two 1 piece monster sets
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

- 1 item domihaus
    - 1 item swarm mother

Emka8

I use that setup on my MagSorc, much better than any 2 piece set. The extra Stam & Mag are both very key in PVP, maybe PVE too if you do a lot of dodge rolling.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also mix and match two monster sets with 4% to healing done for an 8% healing buff from only two slots.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    You can also mix and match two monster sets with 4% to healing done for an 8% healing buff from only two slots.

But then i need to click the ability to heal fast enough ;-)
    And the healing is not the problem. Its the “being quick enough to push that button” ;-)
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »
    Hi all,

- 1 item domihaus
    - 1 item swarm mother

Emka8

I use that setup on my MagSorc, much better than any 2 piece set. The extra Stam & Mag are both very key in PVP, maybe PVE too if you do a lot of dodge rolling.

Thank you ! I agree .
    Although i might use maw sometimes as well ;-)
    Love that monster set as it gives me some relief from being hit all the time (it s a good confusion “beast in the way” kind of set)
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically if you want to build max stats, for example as magsorc in pvp, you'd want Death Dealer's Fete instead of second monster piece for more stats.
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    I already am using wild hunt or malacath ;-)
    So thats not possible in my playstyle for now

Thanks
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭

I prefer max stat for PVP given how everything else halves

I like procs for PVP