The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO photo mode

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Perhaps most players don't bother about this point, but I personally thing many ESO's regions are an amazing work of art.

The landscape is fantastic, and many dungeons/delves/places deserves some kind of Photo Mode enabled in hotkeys and/or menu (if a photo mode already exist, please tell me because I never found it) in order to allow us to take nice photos in different angles.

I know, there is the "Hide UI" key. But this option is a poor way to take photos, since it doesn't allow us to move the camera to frame wide landscape or give our character a better image position.

Anyway ZOS, I leave here this suggestion; although I know that if a photo mode for ESO was never made after ~8 years, maybe such feature will never be implemented.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The hide UI key is helpful. The current toggle camera is not helpful because the camera is still slaved in a circle around the character. Something similar to Oblivion's 'tfc' command (toggle free camera) would be helpful. This would divorce the camera from the character and let us move the camera wherever we want. Perhaps the simplest way to implement would be to add a /tfc command for us to use in conjunction with hide UI.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love a photo mode. Never saw the point in them until playing Fallout 76, and now I want a photo mode in everything I play.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do all those Housing Videos get made? That camera does not seem to be tied to the PC.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    How do all those Housing Videos get made? That camera does not seem to be tied to the PC.
    Probably this: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1966-MagicCarpet.html
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at FFXIV's screenshot mode; and maybe adding even more functionality like what CMTools give us. I dream of a day I can do stuff like tilt shifty pictures in ESO where you can really zoom out the camera to capture entire cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxI_9uaSN84
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A photo mode would have saved my characters life. I was on top of a tower looking at an amazing sunset, Decided I wanted to capture the moment but my character is to short to see over the side. I decided if I jumped then hit print screen I would be high enough to get a good image. Instead of jumping I did a backwards summersault to my death.

Not the only time I died trying to get a good angle for an image.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things I would love to see for ESO, much more than new zones or dungeons is: First, a rework to animations, making them less floaty and feel more impactful. Second, a photo mode.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    Perhaps most players don't bother about this point, but I personally thing many ESO's regions are an amazing work of art.

The landscape is fantastic, and many dungeons/delves/places deserves some kind of Photo Mode enabled in hotkeys and/or menu (if a photo mode already exist, please tell me because I never found it) in order to allow us to take nice photos in different angles.

I know, there is the "Hide UI" key. But this option is a poor way to take photos, since it doesn't allow us to move the camera to frame wide landscape or give our character a better image position.

Anyway ZOS, I leave here this suggestion; although I know that if a photo mode for ESO was never made after ~8 years, maybe such feature will never be implemented.

There is an addon called Photographer. You bind a key hides the UI and takes the screenshot at the same time
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is an addon called Photographer. You bind a key hides the UI and takes the screenshot at the same time

a photo mode is a lot more than hiding the UI

often photo modes will include features like being able to position the camera in a specific way, add filters to the frame, freeze the frame, pose your character/characters in the frame or take multiple screenshots in rapid succession if you're trying to capture an animation
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Options
  • ReeceLavellan
    ReeceLavellan
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I actually liked about Fallout 76 is that it has a really good photo mode! Could fly up and down, left and right around your character, zooming out really far or zooming in super far as well. I took this picture of my Camp House at a slightly floating very zoomed out angle for instance! Not to mention there's built in filters, effects, borders, etc. It would be nice for something similar to be implemented
    h0prgdgugem5.png
    Let’s have some fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always bind the screenshot key to F9 and the Hide UI key to F12.

That is identical to multiple other games I play.

works just fine and is very efficient

:#
    Options
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a mod for PC called "Screenshot helper". After hiding UI you can use arrow keys to move camera left-right-up-down for a better shot.

The downside is that it doesn't automatically revert to the previous position, so needs to be done manually, but it helps with nice pix.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Where is that addon? I can't find it in Minion, I just searched. I use a UI hider addon, then PrtScr key while the UI is hidden.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Layon_kING
    Layon_kING
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there!

This morning i logged on my character that i let in Artaeum because i was fishing for that pickle recipie.When i logged on the character i was in 1st person mode and there was very beautiful scenery that got me thinking : i realy realy realy want to take a picture and imortalise this very moment.I know that you can hide ui, make changes to the camera to take OK photos but i am a casual player and i am not that good with potos, angles filters etc.This game needs a true photo mode ! I am not the kind of person that jumps into forums and asks things but this game is too beautifule to not have a photo mode :(

Please, please team, iomplement a photo mode ! Imagine the contests you can organise, etc :relaxed:
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a photo mode.

I'd also love something like Anamnesis(if you play FFXIV you might know what this is).

I'd like to pose my characters.

r78ZwEQ.png

Me and a buddy of mine in my old house before I redid it and then... lost it. :( Stupid demolition process.
    Options
  • Kimda
    Kimda
    ✭✭✭
    I'd want a feature to turn background all green or blue when taking screenshot of my character. Could be also sold furniture, what you can insert your house and then your character can stand at the front of it when taking screenshot.
    Options