The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How would YOU rank the top 10 most attractive Guild Trader spots?

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
From what I can tell...

1. Mournhold
2. Craglorn
3. Vivec City
4. Grahtwood
5. Rawlk'ha
6. Alinor
7. Wayrest
8. Leyawiin
9. Rimmen
10. Skywatch?

How would you rate top 10 guild trader spots?
Which is the most attractive spots?
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1-Alinor
    2-Mournhold
    3-Craglorn
    4-Vivec
    5-Rimmen
    6-Grathwood
    7-Rawlk'ha
    8.Solitude
    9.Wayrest
    10.Murkmire
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having been in all of these places throughout various trade guilds, Wayrest and Vivec are the two best places for me, so that's where I stayed. I think from a community standpoint it all depends on what zones you frequent too. Like I'm CP2100 and other than to buy things I saw on TTC I've basically never intentionally gone to Rawlk'ha and Mournhold. In fact, I often find things underpriced in those locations so I go ahead and sell them in Wayrest for profit :P
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not an avid trader, but as a customer when I'm shopping these are the areas I look in for what I want:
    • Alinor
    • Ebonheart (it's one of my favorite towns, so I go there out of sentiment more than any other reason)
    • Mournhold
    • Craglorn
    • Vivec
    I know it's not ten, but I don't really look at traders anywhere else. Sorry to those of you who trade in other areas.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Rimmen (purely because thats where I park my characters)
    2. Wayrest
    3. Mournhold
    4. Elden Root
    5. Vivec
    6. Everywhere else

You may see different patterns on different servers - I believe Craglorn is more popular on PC than PS for traders for example
    Soupy twist
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might help if people listed platform and server.

For PS EU I would say top 3 are

Eldon Root,
    Mournhold,
    Wayrest

With maybe Alinor & Vivec City 4 & 5.

Other than those I tend to use Rimmen a fair amount as thats where I do my crafting but it's nowhere near the big 3.

Belkarth is normally underwhelming as well and although I will check there when desperately after something i tend to find its generally got a lower selection of goods and then are often more expensive than the big 3

Rawlkha is probably around no 6 due its convenience but Leyawiin I forget has traders, and as for Skywatch that definitely low on the places to visit when shopping.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA

When I need something fast then I'll go to Mournhold or Vivec.

1. Mournhold
    2. Vivec
    3. Elden Root
    4. Belkarth
    5. Rawl'kha
    6. Alinor
    7. Rimmen
    8. Leyawiin
    9. Solitude
    10. Wayrest (out of stock / bad prices)

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 4, 2022 7:01PM
    PC NA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mostly use traders to buy motifs and item fragments, and the occasional weapon from Cyrodiil that RNG prevents me from getting

1. Mournhold, most convenient, prices are predictable and consistent
    2. Elden Root, most traders, similar to Mournhold, just a little further from the wayshrine to be Mournhold
    3. Belkarth, best prices of the major locations
    4. Alinor, convenient, tends to have more of the rarer items, prices are all over the place
    5. Rawl'kha, convenient, tends to have less items
    6. Evermore, hidden gem, great place to find rare items at decent prices
    6. Vivec City, almost always has the rare item you want, but always the most expensive
    7. Wayrest, would think it would be better as its right next to the Undaunted enclave
    8. Everything else
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Mournhold
    2. Vivec
    3. Elden Root
    4. Alinor
    5. Rawl’kha
    6. Belkarth
    7. Rimmen
    8. Solitude
    9. Leyawiin
    10. Wayrest

Edit: I forgot about Daggerfall! I’d actually remove Solitude and replace it with Daggerfall.
    Edited by LoneStar2911 on April 6, 2022 9:54AM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Mournhold
    2. Grahtwood
    3. Wayrest
    4. Alinor
    5. Rawlka
    6. Craglorn
    7. Vivec
    8. Clockwork
    9. Eastmarch
    10. Riften

PS5
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Anywhere next to a wayshrine.
    10. Anywhere NOT next to a wayshrine.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Based on the order I visit traders when I'm looking for something specific, and where I've found that reasonably-priced stuff can usually be found:

1) Mournhold
    2) Wayrest
    3) Elden Root
    4) Vivec City
    5) Rimmen
    6) Belkarth
    7) Senchal
    8) Windhelm
    9) Sentinel
    10) Alinor

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think I ever bought anything at Mournhold not even using TTC, places like Windhelm comes up way more often.
    For me its Rawl, Vivec, Wayrest, Elden Root and Belkarth.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU

I only buy stuff via TTC and Craglorn and Elden Root are the two locations I don't bother going to even when they come up as one of the cheapest, because whenever I have the items aren't there any more. I don't know if that's because they're great trading locations where everything sells in minutes or because someone scans the store then relists for higher prices and it doesn't really matter to me, the point is it's a waste of time going there so I never do. I've had mixed results with Mournhold.

Other than those three I really couldn't tell you. I go wherever the item I want to buy is, rather than trying to guess at where it might be available and hoping I get lucky and I seem to end up in the places listed about as frequently as anywhere else, or some random trader in the middle of no where.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't really matter anymore. They are all basically the same TTC. Sure some are "little less running" but other that I can easily find any trader anywhere in the world that has what I want.

Not like it use to be when you could check that random trader in the middle of nowhere, like the one out in Shadowfen, or just outside Hollow City and find great deals.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if they are ideal but the ones I frequent the most are: mournhold, wayrest, elden root, rawl'kha, vivec city, and belkarth.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    I should've said with my list btw that I'm on Xbox EU. I don't trade much tbh, if I get a valuable recipe/plan/motif/style page I'll always learn it myself if I don't know it, if it's a dupe I'll pop it in whichever guild bank that's most relevant, or give to a friend if I know they specifically want it.

The only things I've actually gone shopping around for in the last year are current style pages (if I reach the last day of an event and they haven't dropped for me) and Iridium Platings (for some reason I'm always running short of those). I won't pay over the odds for either though, out of principle. It also depends which guilds have which traders, but you do occasionally come across something that's listed for absolutely insane amounts. (saw a single dawn-prism for 55k the other day, lol nice try, but you know some poor sap will probably buy it).
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA

Mournhold
    Grahtwood
    Alinor
    Belkarth
    Rawl'ka
    Wayrest
    Solitude: huleida cutest npc ever!
    Vivec City
    Stormhold
    Lilmoth

Not always what I want.
    The top 3 for me are the most reliable to find whatever you are looking for. Prices reflect convenience

The last 2 argonian zones, I find some great deals. I just think people hate the swamps so don't go.

Places that disappoint that could be better

Bandarri trading post let's make a deal!

Windhelm come on where are all the RP Belathor wannabee? Shrine is close! Should be another deeshan or rawlka but never is.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    Alinor

Rimmen

Solitude
    noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: Tamriel Trade Center
    2: Tamriel Trade Center
    3: Tamriel Trade Center
    4: Tamriel Trade Center
    5: Tamriel Trade Center

...honestly, guild store location doesn't matter at all if you are on PC and use Tamriel Trade Center.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    There may be some places I’ve not gone to yet, but I try to shop based on proximity to a wayshrine. So for me (in no particular order):

Vivec City
    Alinor
    Mournhold
    Skywatch
    Elden Root
    Riften
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1: Tamriel Trade Center
    2: Tamriel Trade Center
    3: Tamriel Trade Center
    4: Tamriel Trade Center
    5: Tamriel Trade Center

...honestly, guild store location doesn't matter at all if you are on PC and use Tamriel Trade Center.
    You don't have to be playing ESO on PC to use TTC, do you? I thought you could just use the TTC website via any PC/phone.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I've purchased from Traders, which is not that often, on average I've found what I'm looking for (at the best prices) in:

Belkarth
    Evermore
    Sentinel
    Hollow City
    Rawl'kha
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rare items - Mournhold - every day's items - Rawl'ka - I rarely have to look somewhere else. Wayrest is way overrated, but when it comes to crafting stations, I normally find them there at a reasonable price.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I forgot Rawlk'ha! I'd actually put that at number six, it's pretty decent.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh I forgot Rawlk'ha! I'd actually put that at number six, it's pretty decent.

It's pretty good for crafting materials - the drop off point is just a few steps away from the trading hub and the bank is right there as well - so you have basically your trading guilds plus those 5 guild traders at the hub directly at the way shrine. Furthermore stolen laundered goodies are plenty there as well - the outlaw refuge is right behind the hub.
    Edited by Lysette on April 4, 2022 11:17PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My top are Daggerfall and Wayrest after that usually chapter zones or Craglorn but usually get what I need in the first two.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually my own trade guilds at the bank, which I prioritize mat purchases from then:

1. Alinor
    2. Mournhold
    3. Elden Root
    4. Wayrest
    5. Vivec City
    6. Rawlk'ha
    7. Windhelm
    8. Daggerfall
    9. Skywatch
    I usually find what I am looking for in one of those so by that point I stop looking.
    10. Leyawiin
    11. Rimmen
    12. Solitude
    13. Craglorn
    I will check those 4 if I still have not found what I am looking for.

Other than that any other trader hub I only visit if I am looking for something specific from the TTC website or buying up loads of intricate gear and easy master writs.

Other than that the rest of the games traders may as well not exist to me most of the time, I might stop by if I am literally riding past them that is about it.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It completely depends on what you are buying or selling. While some claim TTC has flattened the market, it hasn't by a long shot. I have been on traders in all the top spots and what sells like hotcakes in one, sits untouched at another unless I underprice it so badly a flipper grabs it. Same goes for buying stuff, the competition is fierce in some locations like Mournhold and for certain items you can almost always get the best deal, while the out of the way traders have their stuff marked up through the roof.

In general I shop Vivec first, Mourhold second and on occasion Belkarth has what I need. I rarely have to go anywhere else. Just the other day was looking for some companion gear and some Mother's Sorrow for a new account, checked TTC and everything except one item was in Vivec at the best price. Go figure.

Edited by Gaeliannas on April 5, 2022 12:00AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only Elden Root, Wayrest, Mournhold, Vivec City, Alinor, Rimmen are worth visiting on my server now. Belkarth used to have good traders, now not so much. Rawl’ka is always bad for me personally when our trader is there, rarely sell anything. Never found anything in Solitude, maybe a few things from Leyawiin just because I’m there a lot.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Based on personal preference only:

Vivec City
    Rawl’kha
    Mournhold
    Elden Root
    Wayrest

Everywhere Else

I realized in looking at other folks’ lists that I don’t even know where the guild traders even are in many cities. If I need something, I first try my own guilds via the banker, then I check out wherever my character is located, which is usually Vivec City or Rawl’kha or maybe Mournhold for crafting writs.

Failing those, I go look up the item I want on TTC and travel wherever, usually having to hunt for the trader.