Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I would pay crowns for..

Frogmother
Frogmother
✭✭✭✭
.. a few RP items.

Number one on my list would be a small camp (Tent, campfire, etc.). would be also great if the campfire would be functional to cook some food. The camp should disappear if the player leaves the rendering range or dismantled by the player.
what I have in mind would be something like this (except the chair, of course):
486a597c5cb66c39e91d494a67782b56.jpg

Number two would be a functional compass as an item, I could use through a quickslot. It would only show the directions. I disabled the HUD compass for better immersion and currently navigate with my map. The compass could be added as a memento.
When used, the compass could look like this (without the gun and with more medieval look) :
14-9.png

I am sure there will be more RP only gear which could be added to the game.

and as a bonus:
I would pay crowns for companion outfit slots, would love to save a few companion outfit styles I created.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 3, 2022 8:29PM
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay crowns for:
    Placeable water(and yes, the water needs to splish), dirt, sand and grass tiles.
    Bonus crowns paid if the tiles are resizable or optionally came in S, M and L size tiles.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »
    I'd pay crowns for:
    Placeable water(and yes, the water needs to splish), dirt, sand and grass tiles.
    Bonus crowns paid if the tiles are resizable or optionally came in S, M and L size tiles.

This. Especially the water.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those are great ideas guys! +1 from me!
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removal of latency, lag, and other performance problems.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bradyfjord wrote: »
    Removal of latency, lag, and other performance problems.

wc1rhha265wr.jpg
  • Leftover_Pizza
    Leftover_Pizza
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely nothing. I see no reason to pay for stuff that should be basic game elements. There isn't millions spent on development of small addons, reskinned mounts, armor designs and/or cosmetics.
    The 'but they have to earn back money spent on development' is a non-argument here. It's all money grab and we're letting it happen. I paid less for the Blackwood CE than I'd have to pay for the larger ingame houses. Unfurnished, even. Absurd, I'd say.

I don't mind paying for DLC, with real money. But I would expect all updates and additions for that DLC to come without extra payments.
    This crown store paywall is getting far out of hand. The balance between basic game items and crown store bought ones is completely ***.

It kinda baffles me that players are so used to fork out cash for items, that the question asked is about 'what you'd pay crowns for' instead of 'what addition you'd want to see in the game'.
    Edited by Leftover_Pizza on April 3, 2022 3:55AM
  • PapaJester
    PapaJester
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to pick up and turn in daily crafting writs in my house.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love more things for housing:

Firstly - a lot more "normal" stuff. I tried to build a small mine for my village of orcs, only to discover that there are no pickaxes in the game (other than the ones we use to hack at ores). Also no shovels and many other everyday items that would seem common in Tamriel. Ladders would be nice, even if they are only for show and not actually climbable.

Secondly - lights. And I don't mean as in torches, lamps or such, but placeable lightsources, big and small. Perhaps you want to put red glowing lights inside that skeletons eye-sockets, or place darkness (low light) in an area that is too lit up for your tastes.

Thirdly - sounds. I imagine they could be used a bit like wandering pets, that you could have some on all the time, or on repeat at certain intevals or somesuch. Blowing wind, howling wolf, moaning spirit, whatever one could think of. Placeable at whatever location, but invisible when not in housing mode.

The reason for this is that I enjoyed making maps back in Morrowind where I played a lot with light and dark. I know that there is at least one addon that allows for this, but it doesn't allow others to see what you make, and it is also limited to only PC-users, which is a shame really. I imagine that with the ability to place light, dark and soundsources housing would be even more imaginative and amazing. :smile:
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    More 'staff' houseguests.

Y'all give us these huge homes but no one to run them??? Who's trimming the hedges at Linchal Grand Manor or stocking the pantry of Grand Psijic Villa while I'm off foiling yet another Daedric Prince's would-be invasion of Tamriel???

The closest we have is that argonian cook, and we're just now getting a jester. Give me a steward! Give me a bard! We should have servants - or slaves, if you're an edgy dunmer stan. Maybe even some ladies-in-waiting for the Breton spinsters trying to live their best Downton Abbey Dowager Countess lives.

Something to breathe some life into our homes besides pets & our NPC-besties who come to visit...
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PapaJester wrote: »
    Is that the ESO equivalent of WFH ?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why crowns? You pay for DLC, you pay for ESO+. Why on earth are you asking for basic features to be real money only??
  • Frogmother
    Frogmother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »
    Why crowns? You pay for DLC, you pay for ESO+. Why on earth are you asking for basic features to be real money only??

I wrote it to show how much I want it.

Of course it would be great if these items would be part of a DLC but I dont think it will ever be.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to play quests solo - with no one else in it - that all the enemies which I am supposed to face are still alive. I don't like questing anyway, but even less when the content got killed by others and there is nothing to play in them. This makes me not want to quest at all.
    Edited by Lysette on April 3, 2022 12:53PM
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    An unbreakable lock pick!
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class change token.

Veya Releth's hairslyle

Placeable water (with sound! Not like silent waterfall from Summerset). Pools from recent crown crates are super cool, I love them. But I'd love to build a lake or a little river, something like that.

Ability to customize houseguest's routes by adding emotes to them, using mementos and stuff. For example, I'd love if my Mirri would walk around the house, and when she reaches fireplace, she plays /lute emote for, like, 30 seconds. And then continues on her way. We already can change speed, direction etc. Would be great if we could actually make guests do animations.
    Edited by Eric_Prince on April 3, 2022 1:26PM
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • definitelygee
    definitelygee
    ✭✭✭
    I’d pay crowns for the game to actually function and keep me from leaving to another mmo :/
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never once purchased a skill line, nor paid for any other CS item for the privilege to *not play the game*, but I'd buy antiquities in a heartbeat for the glowy chests.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This so much.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭

Ability to customize houseguest's routes by adding emotes to them, using mementos and stuff. For example, I'd love if my Mirri would walk around the house, and when she reaches fireplace, she plays /lute emote for, like, 30 seconds. And then continues on her way. We already can change speed, direction etc. Would be great if we could actually make guests do animations.

I've wanted this for a long time! I would buy more House Guests even if it was just basic emotes like:
    /sit
    /sleep
    /eat
    /drink

but yeah if they could play instruments that wuld be amazing!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay 1 crown to have the diaper fixed and the sports bra removed from the Timbercrow Wanderer's costume for my male characters.

nu2sRem.png

They don't allow that because they want people to have reasons to go to the cities. Empty cities make the game look dead. That's also why they don't allow guild bank functionality to your banker assistant, armor repair to your merchant, and laundering to your fence.

Edited by Jaraal on April 3, 2022 5:50PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frogmother wrote: »

Of course it would be great if these items would be part of a DLC but I dont think it will ever be.

Don't give them any ideas. Multiple people below you suggested water, which is a basic function of housing that they still haven't put in, as a crown item for houses that cost OVER 70 POUNDS ALREADY!! :-D
    Edited by Northwold on April 3, 2022 6:06PM
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    Instant max level riding skills or the ability to transfer max level to alts from a character that has achieved that already.
    noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • Leftover_Pizza
    Leftover_Pizza
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely nothing.
    Frogmother wrote: »

I don't know if there are worse MTX ridden games, but ESO is by far the worst I've seen. Charging an optional sub with very few useful benefits, every fine item in the CS, high prices and gambling with loot boxes to boot.
    That set against a very slow accumulating Seals system, with again very high prices, and none of all paid items to be looted from gameplay. A system fit for mobile games and clearly kept alive by whales.
    This is why it will never be.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely nothing. I see no reason to pay for stuff that should be basic game elements. There isn't millions spent on development of small addons, reskinned mounts, armor designs and/or cosmetics.
    The 'but they have to earn back money spent on development' is a non-argument here. It's all money grab and we're letting it happen. I paid less for the Blackwood CE than I'd have to pay for the larger ingame houses. Unfurnished, even. Absurd, I'd say.

I don't mind paying for DLC, with real money. But I would expect all updates and additions for that DLC to come without extra payments.
    This crown store paywall is getting far out of hand. The balance between basic game items and crown store bought ones is completely ***.

It kinda baffles me that players are so used to fork out cash for items, that the question asked is about 'what you'd pay crowns for' instead of 'what addition you'd want to see in the game'.

The majority of suggestions in this thread are either frivolous cosmetic/RP elements or convenience. None of them are required to play, enjoy, or 'win' the game.

I sincerely do not understand the hate towards the Crown Store, especially when so many games gate actual elements of play behind a paywall. What do y'all care about people wanting to spend their money on silly nonsense for personal enjoyment?
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skins that have fur for khajiit.

Argonians got tons of scaly skins, which are awesome.

Humans got plenty of skins if they wanna not have skin or scales, or some partial skins that show skin still.

Khajiits... don't really have any skins besides the human ones. And scaly cats are just... no.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Leftover_Pizza
    Leftover_Pizza
    ✭✭✭

The majority of suggestions in this thread are either frivolous cosmetic/RP elements or convenience. None of them are required to play, enjoy, or 'win' the game.

I sincerely do not understand the hate towards the Crown Store, especially when so many games gate actual elements of play behind a paywall. What do y'all care about people wanting to spend their money on silly nonsense for personal enjoyment?

Thing is, none of these frivolous cosmetics/RP elements or conveniences CAN be obtained by playing, enjoying or winning the game. These items are cash only.

My care for, which you like to call 'hate against', this is that the more whales are willing to pay to not play for, the less gets added to the game to be played for, enjoyed or to win. Basically, the reward for playing the game decreases more and more. The "reward" for spending your money increases more and more too. Wrong balance there, imo.
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭

Thing is, none of these frivolous cosmetics/RP elements or conveniences CAN be obtained by playing, enjoying or winning the game. These items are cash only.

My care for, which you like to call 'hate against', this is that the more whales are willing to pay to not play for, the less gets added to the game to be played for, enjoyed or to win. Basically, the reward for playing the game decreases more and more. The "reward" for spending your money increases more and more too. Wrong balance there, imo.

Depends on your point of view - there are plenty of pets, skins, houses, personalities, costumes, and so on that can be obtained by playing. Some which can ONLY be obtained by playing the game through certain kinds of content... just like some are 'Crown Store Exclusive'.

If your real gripe is that there's an imbalance between what is available through play & what is available through crowns, say that. Saying that things available from the Crown Store should be available through play is, in my opinion, as disingenuous as saying that people should be able to buy trial-specific or such rewards through the Crown Store.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, the Timbercrow Wanderer's costume can only be earned in game or purchased from players with gold. And I think that may be why they don't want to fix it, after years of complaints and numerous threads about it. Crown only costumes like the Singing Skald are quick to be altered after customer feedback.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Skins that have fur for khajiit.

Argonians got tons of scaly skins, which are awesome.

Humans got plenty of skins if they wanna not have skin or scales, or some partial skins that show skin still.

Khajiits... don't really have any skins besides the human ones. And scaly cats are just... no.

Yes we can have bushy tails, bells on tails etc Whisker ornaments etc
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being serious for a moment, some of the things people are asking for really are not "frivolous" or "cosmetic" unless you consider, for example, the whole of housing "frivolous" or "cosmetic". In which case it's worth pointing out that different players play the game for different reasons than yours.

The danger is that basic features that people have been asking for for years, like water or glass, get added as real world money items only and then when people request them the answer will be "well, we already added them, just give us cash".

Last I checked, ESO was not free. And in housing, particularly, if you don't have ESO+ you might as well not bother because the item limit is halved. Also, a fair number of players do actually pay for the houses with real money.

Take a look at the prices of the notable homes. They're absolutely staggering and more expensive than many full AAA games. For a house; for a single environment.

If basic features for furnishing a house are then made crown store only (and a lot of them already are, and at crazy prices -- eg the vast majority of flowers that are actually attractive; the water trough that actually has water in it, which was added to the crown store exclusively after repeated complaints that the supposedly full water trough that could be obtained WITHOUT crowns was empty of water), while the requirements to craft furnishings seem to become ever more onerous with every new update (which has the effect of pushing players to the crown store even more), it starts to leave a really, really nasty taste in the mouth of being gouged for every last penny. Of real money.
    Edited by Northwold on April 4, 2022 10:26AM