Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

DoT ability against invisible nightblade

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
I was wondering
If i am casting a dot ability such as “DESTRUCTIVE REACH” against a nightblade that goes stealth afterwards …

Do the ticks of the dot then show the player again or can he stay cloaked ? In other words … is destructive reach good to get nightblades in stealth to show themselves anyway because of the dots ticking …

Thx !
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 3, 2022 7:47PM

Best Answers

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloak suppresses dot ticks.
    Answer ✓
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the many reasons that cloak is so powerful. It's basically a magicka dodge roll. One that can also avoid AoEs and DoTs as well and with no ramping cost either. The only real cost is opportunity costs since it requires use of a GCD.
    Answer ✓
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janni wrote: »
    One of the many reasons that cloak is so powerful. It's basically a magicka dodge roll. One that can also avoid AoEs and DoTs as well and with no ramping cost either. The only real cost is opportunity costs since it requires use of a GCD.

This is kinda right cloak is in a way a magicka dodge roll AoEs will break cloak is a great counter to cloak they just may not be where you think they are. All cloaks now suppress DoT damage none suppress AoE damage.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Answer ✓
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the receiving end NBs are experiencing the dot. Depends on the pool of Magicka available if you can continue to cloak. No Magicka the dot can eventually pull a NB out. Being you are considered in combat it is also bigger resource drain.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Aoe would be guessing and hoping you would hit + magicka waste. Ill then stay with my detection potions ;-)