The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

likly not a popular topic on here but alliance rank grand

kaisernick
kaisernick
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok i suck at PvP not only am i not skilled enough im also not good at one shotting people in cyro
HOWEVER i keep trying and it burns me out not because i want to but because i, a non pvper wants the furnishings from the alliance rank furniture vendor

I can imagine many here will be likly annoyed at this question as PvP is not in a great place (from what i read) so someone asking if there is a why to skip it may likly infurate others but my desire for the furniture coupled with the slog of doing something i dont wnat is putting me off big time.

so i ask is there any way to up the rank without doing PvP, i have looked but the only things i can find are on grinding the war skill line or AP and that isnt what im intrested in.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's a topic somewhere in these forums by someone who reached max ava on a Lowbie. Repairing walls was mentioned but I do not remember all of the details.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is you don't have to one shot people.

You can get some AP playing battlegrounds or can get it in Cyro.

Repair walls & doors, buy some oils and use them to help defend keeps, etc. Buy some ballistas and help taking keeps, meatbags are also good for defence.

Buy or make some Colovian War Torts which act as a 50% scroll on AP earned, they don't last long but they help.

Make the most of Midyear Mayhem when it happens, you can earn massive amounts of AP during the festival.

The town quests give some AP as well.

But Grand Overlord takes a lot of time to get, if you really want the furnishings then learn to PvP, you will get there a lot lot quicker
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    so i ask is there any way to up the rank without doing PvP, i have looked but the only things i can find are on grinding the war skill line or AP and that isnt what im intrested in.

Grinding AP is what you want, though, since that's how you increase your alliance rank.

hafgood has a lot of good suggestions on gaining AP. As someone who is also not good at pvp but is good at Cyrodiil, I can tell you that the main thing that has helped me is knowing how to read the Cyro map and just going where there's action. If you can join a group that's great, but otherwise just try to be at keep battles and contribute with siege or whatever you can do to help fight. Your side won't always win, but when you do win you'll get a nice AP tick. Combine that with double AP boosts from the Whitestrake's Mayhem event or low population/score bonuses, and the Colovian war torte food, and it all adds up pretty nicely.

You also need a lot of patience and dedication, though, especially if you're going for the furnishings from later ranks. It takes a lot of time to get up there, so you may also need to establish your wants and expectations and decide what's really worth the time and effort to get. And then be willing to put in that time and effort to get them.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Ok i suck at PvP not only am i not skilled enough im also not good at one shotting people in cyro
    HOWEVER i keep trying and it burns me out not because i want to but because i, a non pvper wants the furnishings from the alliance rank furniture vendor

I can imagine many here will be likly annoyed at this question as PvP is not in a great place (from what i read) so someone asking if there is a why to skip it may likly infurate others but my desire for the furniture coupled with the slog of doing something i dont wnat is putting me off big time.

I've been wondering if there's a way to skip PvE and get those Dungeon Skins anyway myself.... I've been looking in the CS, but it seems I have to grind those pesky dungeons after all... ;)
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You increase your Alliance Rank by gaining Alliance Points. There's lots of ways to get AP, so choose what works best for you.

The least combat and performance intensive method is to repair a LOT of walls at keeps and objectives. It'll be expensive, since you have to buy the repair kits.

This thread might be useful, since it gives the build someone used to Repair their way up to Grand Overlord. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/541183/worlds-first-grand-overlord-under-level-50

Generally speaking, you want a Healer build (healing done = more repairs = more AP). You'll also want AP Buffs. You can get a small buff from killing a delve boss. And obviously, you'll want to repair as much as you can during Midyear Mayhem when there's a double AP buff.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 2, 2022 5:05PM
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just reached rank 10 on my skills yesterday, and I don't PVP(in 2 years of playing I've killed 3 people, and 1 was an accident, and all in Imperial City)

You get to Alliance rank 3 just by doing the intro quests, no fighting needed

I did scouting reports/Chorrol Daily quests(since my main is DC and it's closeby), reapaired walls, and doors( I used colovian war tortes), yep it took me a few months, but got it done, I am now now a "sergeant" lol.

This however is something I absolutely will NOT repeat on any of my alts, once was more than enough.