The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Idea limit crown scammers

Dolphinsgal
Dolphinsgal
✭✭✭
Zos had to realize that by offering gifting of crown store items would lead to people selling those items for in game gold. There has been a huge uptick in people "selling crown items for gold" and not sending the item after they were sent payment.
The best way to combat this would be to only allow us to gift items with a cod, even if the item is a gift 1 gold cod isn't going to break anyone's bank. Unlike mail cod have no fees for the sender but cod fee for recipient.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A official crown to gold exchange in the crown store or UI would be ideal.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, cash on delivery system for crown gifts would be great (and it would serve as an additional gold sink).
    Edited by perfiction on March 31, 2022 9:33PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love some sort of safe system for exchanging crowns for gold. Unfortunately, ZOS has decided to distance themselves from it as much as possible to make things easy for themselves. There are likely some legal issues that other games seem to have solved, but ZOS isn't willing to look at. Due to this desire to keep distance, they won't likely devote any resources into making a safe system for players.

They could implement a system in any number of ways, but they just haven't decided it's worth the resources, whether it's dev time or having lawyers look at the money side of it. They have made the decision that having players get scammed and having their CS team deal with the repercussions of that is the better course. When you look at it that way, if they look at this topic again, they may decide the easiest, cheapest solution is to just state that crowns for gold is no longer endorsed and is a TOS violation. That way they don't have to spend any money and can free up their CS reps.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    They already have said they won't refund gold if you're scammed buying crown store items, but they do need to add something to help combat the scammers that are out in force.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love some sort of safe system for exchanging crowns for gold. Unfortunately, ZOS has decided to distance themselves from it as much as possible to make things easy for themselves. There are likely some legal issues that other games seem to have solved, but ZOS isn't willing to look at. Due to this desire to keep distance, they won't likely devote any resources into making a safe system for players.

They could implement a system in any number of ways, but they just haven't decided it's worth the resources, whether it's dev time or having lawyers look at the money side of it. They have made the decision that having players get scammed and having their CS team deal with the repercussions of that is the better course. When you look at it that way, if they look at this topic again, they may decide the easiest, cheapest solution is to just state that crowns for gold is no longer endorsed and is a TOS violation. That way they don't have to spend any money and can free up their CS reps.

the way i see they could avoid legal trouble while having an "official" rate would be allowing everything in the crown store to be bought for gold (even if they set some ridiculous price like 100mil for a currently crown only house)

that would be both:
    • a really good gold sink and
    • crowns could still be used for convenience if the person does not have the gold

i doubt something like that would happen though because they plain make too much from the crown store to even go to this type of system

honestly even crown gems and endeavor seals are convoluting the crown store, both of those things should just award crowns directly (it wouldnt be that much different from many mobile games that just straight up award premium currency for daily tasks)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • solidstate77ub17_ESO
    Yup, I lost a million gold awhile back due to a scammer. I submitted screenies and all...Zos told me it was a "buyer-beware" market. I quit the game for a year I was so angry.