Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Heavy Attack

TimeViewer
TimeViewer
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this is just melee but ever since the last major patch I've been having problems with heavy attack, I thought it was just my controller dying but I got a new one and it's still doing it. I go to heavy and instead just stand there, extremely annoying when I'm tanking and trying to regain stamina.

It doesn't seem to be distance, I do regular and skill attacks just fine, just the heavy seems affected.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both tanks in VKA last night complained of this - I think they said trying to HA too quickly after a block either had them standing around bored or did a bash animation
    Soupy twist
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense, bashing (block) is one of my common attacks no matter what class I'm tanking with, drains stam which I then try to regain but yeah left standing with that dopey look on my face
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on PC the default "bash" attack is right and left click at the same time

right click is normally block
    left click is normally light/heavy attack

you probably cant "transition" from block into light/heavy attack if you dont rebind that key setup (i have bash bound to a numpad key on my mouse)

(i dont know how it is set up on the controller, but this is how i could see it causing problems if they changed the sensitivity of having both pressed at the "same time")
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • xyphrum
    xyphrum
    ✭✭
    This!
    I thought it was me. But definitely heavy attacks have changed.
    On sword and board, in some cases holding attack button will not heavy attack (that's right, not attack at all)

When this case happens, you can hold the attack button as long as you wish, aim the reticle wherever you want, but
    it will never start an attack. Now release it for a millisecond and hold the attack button again. It starts heavy attacking and as long as you hold it, it keeps heavy attacking, like it should.

The shock staff (other staves too?) had this very bug for a long time. Again, in some cases it would just not heavy attack no matter how long you press the button or where you aimed at. Haven't played much since the last update but this bug seems to be gone now, or at least happen a lot less. But now this bug is introduced on sword and board and it is very annoying.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. After every ability cast, heavy attack is getting stuck or seriously delayed. It’s making tanking very difficult… I heavy as often as possible but now cannot…
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    temp workaround

I've found that by using my Puncture (and it's morph's) skill after bashing I can then use heavy, probably works with other skills too
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    temp workaround

I've found that by using my Puncture (and it's morph's) skill after bashing I can then use heavy, probably works with other skills too

Which is great so long as you want to taunt… but if you’re the off tank trying to heavy to build resources on the main tanks boss… lol.

Honestly we shouldn’t need workarounds… the content should have been fully tested, but testers are more concerned spewing content for their streaming channels than seeing if the game actually works. It should be called a test server… it’s a preview for review server.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn’t be called I meant…
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    temp workaround

Which is great so long as you want to taunt… but if you’re the off tank trying to heavy to build resources on the main tanks boss… lol.

Honestly we shouldn’t need workarounds… the content should have been fully tested, but testers are more concerned spewing content for their streaming channels than seeing if the game actually works. It should be called a test server… it’s a preview for review server.

As I said, it should work with other skills too, experiment, SCIENCE!!! I would think any weapon skill that hits it should work (don't hold me to that, just a guess)
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I can say heroic slash doesn’t seem to work. It’s almost like if I cast any ability it incurs a delay on my heavy. You’re right about the taunt, but casting a shield or blocking seriously delays it to almost 2 seconds before you can heavy… that’s game breaking stuff for heavier content.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA
    Tank - Holding block then dropping block to heavy attack does not work.
    Holding block and pressing heavy attack while still holding block, does not work either.
    Heavy attack has to be pressed more than once to work.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is a serious latency issue with heavy attacking after bash or block. I've now tested it with every weapon - and the outcome is the same. Regardless whether staff or sword - same result.

Why are we constantly breaking stuff in this way??
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno why are their crickets on this?
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this happening for any DPS too

Sadly, that's why I look for workarounds
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this happening for any DPS too

Sadly, that's why I look for workarounds

I had noticed it a few times latly on destro lightning staff but was too busy to fully assess the details of it
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, ran around with my stam DPS and found the same too, block and can't heavy to regain, certain, but not all, skills will reenable heavy, for now we just have to adapt or be crushed

gl with those speed vets anyone
  • mrLuckyCat
    xbox na has it too. It happens often. Right after blocking, heavy attack doesn't fire unless I do another action (bar swap, roll dodge...).

It also happened after breaking free.
  • No4h
    No4h
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that this happens on destro lightning staff very frequently.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    I have this issue as well also made a post about this not long ago. I have found tanking a bit harder to sustain with the lack of heavy attacks I can do now as they are to slow or don’t proc at all now. People I am teaching trials to are struggling where they were not because they are having the same issue. I play on psn and have this issue.
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    After working on the Endeavors the other day (Ultimate 3x) I also found that block/bash stops giving ult, a bit more testing with my targets in home and I found that it was at this same point that I could no longer heavy attack.

It may seem to be a separate bug but imo it's possibly another symptom of the same bug
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue still ongoing. Any updates @ZOS_Kevin ?
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on April 30, 2022 6:04PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s high time this was addressed now.
  • No4h
    No4h
    ✭✭
    Was hoping for a fix for this game breaking bug with the release of the new chapter but unfortunately it hasn't been fixed yet.

Heavy attack is still bugging after using an ability or blocking.

Sometimes it works but a lot of times it just doesn't!
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    can confirm, still there, the off and on may be due to other actions you take, a light attack etc. I thought it was intermittent at one point too until I noticed I was randomly attacking mid attempt
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I can confirm it too, it affects staffs, 2handed, and s&b
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this last night too. My heavy attack only works intermittently with my lightning staff during the volcanic vent events. More than half the time my character just stands there when I try using it. The range seems to have been greatly reduced, but it doesn't always work when I am nearby too.
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin this issue is still here we have been waiting a few months for updates on this issues
  • Darrell9090
    Darrell9090
    ✭✭✭
    It’s annoying this bug is still here and there are 2 forums about this
    Edited by Darrell9090 on June 8, 2022 3:11AM
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    good, this wheel needs some squeaking or it'll never get greased
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭