The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Previewing Seaveil Spire on PS5. An observation (framerate problems).

LukosCreyden
LukosCreyden
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, if you travel to Betnikh, you can go and preview the new Seaveil Spire house.

As expected, the house is absolutely beautiful and the folk involved have done excellent job.
I have however, noticed a particular problem. Several areas in the exterior and interior parts of the area suffer from some frame drops when moving the camera whilst in performance mode. It seems to be something to do with the bubble that keeps the water out. Now, the frame juddering isn't game-breaking but keep in mind, this is whilst the house is completely unfurnished. I wonder what the performance will be like in a fully furnished house?
I hope this is something that can be ironed out with patches. Maybe I'm being too nitpicky, even.
Either way, for those interested in the house, I fully recommend going to Betnikh and taking the boat to preview the house first, so you can judge for yourself.
For me personally, I may reconsider buying it.
Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn’t notice this myself but I’m still on PS4 version of the game on PS5.

The thing that did bother me is the colors in the house seem overwhelmingly blue and green, not like I remember from the videos I saw from PC. I guess it would make sense being underwater but some plants with other colors would greatly help. Also the shimmering of the “force field” that holds back the water is extremely distracting. Does it really need to do that?

Also the Summerset music had me scratching my head.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 I'll take a look on the PS4 version to see if the issue is still there. Funny that you mention the shimmering force field, I did further tests and I think I can narrow the frame drops down to either that special effect they're using, or the large amount of objects the engine is trying to render when facing the main part of the structure from underwater.

It's a bummer, because I personally think this is an absolutely beautiful house.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was all set to purchase this house and I probably still will. I think I remember some comments about changes to the house in the patch notes, I will have to look again and watch the previous video and see if it is different or if I am just remembering things differently.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to Seaveil Spire, instant buy! I'm on the PC and it has no lag or framerate issues at all. Sorry to hear of the PS woes.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PDarkBHood wrote: »
    Really looking forward to Seaveil Spire, instant buy! I'm on the PC and it has no lag or framerate issues at all. Sorry to hear of the PS woes.

Same, I will be purchasing Seaveil Spire the instant it comes out.