Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS5 contrast/brightness all messed up.

• vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya that's one of the huge differences I'm noticing since U33. The UI is just way too dark and the colours on item text are way over saturated.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nnicely wrote: »
    I could live with the contrast changes to the game's graphics but the UI/menu being darker as well is where the eye strain really comes in considering how much menuing you do in ESO. The contrast changes being applied near universally leads me to believe there has been some kind of heavy post-processing filter to the entire game.
    Ya that's one of the huge differences I'm noticing since U33. The UI is just way too dark and the colours on item text are way over saturated.

I am getting the impression that ZOS added a U33 filter for stronger contrasts on HDR displays.
    However, to me this filter ruined the NON-HDR visuals - which most people probably are using.
    ZOS, please remove any new post-processing filter so we can enjoy the original NON-HDR visuals.

Edited by BalticBlues on April 5, 2022 2:47PM
  • nnicely
    nnicely
    Soul Shriven
    nnicely wrote: »
    I could live with the contrast changes to the game's graphics but the UI/menu being darker as well is where the eye strain really comes in considering how much menuing you do in ESO. The contrast changes being applied near universally leads me to believe there has been some kind of heavy post-processing filter to the entire game.

I am getting the impression that ZOS added a U33 filter for stronger contrasts on HDR displays.
    However, to me this filter ruined the NON-HDR visuals - which most people probably are using.
    ZOS, please remove any new post-processing filter so we can enjoy the original NON-HDR visuals.

I truly have no idea what was done if we're being fair, but if it does have something to do with HDR implementation I don't know what the logic of applying that change to even those playing the game on non-HDR monitors or televisions is. Like many of you I am merely speculating since we are not likely to receive an answer.
    Edited by nnicely on April 5, 2022 5:17PM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill any updates?
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill hey friends, can we please get some information on this..if it's being looked into or if it's something we shouldn't expect a fix for?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the same way on Xbox. I keep double checking to make sure I turned the brightness up because it’s been broken and we have to do that every time we begin the game.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS5 here and am having the same issue. Also saw this happen on another player’s PS5.

It was noticeable from when I first logged in after patch.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For further context, I was in Hel Ra last night and the hallway right before the door to start the trial was pitch black at max brightness. This area is normally dark but not so dark that you can't see any details. 😞
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on April 7, 2022 4:18PM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super frustrating that y'all pop in here to ask some questions in the beginning but then vanish and go radio silent with regard to updates when we're looking for reassurance that this is being investigated. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Cc @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moongrave Fane is a nightmare on this patch.
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some good news from today's patch.
    Fixed an issue where the game appeared darker than prior to Update 33 launch on PlayStation 5.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good news from today's patch.
    Fixed an issue where the game appeared darker than prior to Update 33 launch on PlayStation 5.

lawdmercy, so glad to see this addressed so quickly! Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno + team! 💕
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, big thanks from me too <3

Adjusting ESO video settings on PS5, I can see ALL ESO wheels again.
    Seeing all wheels comfortably on 100% brightness, I can now set it back to ca. 80% again.

PS5 version screenshot (game brightness setting: 100%):
    (using "PS Remote Play" on PC to access the PS5 and take screenshots)
    yjs4junnjlfh.jpg
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for fixing this!

I downloaded the enhanced version yesterday and played it today because I read this. The load times for loading screens are sometimes instantaneous, it’s really astounding. I can’t see the draw distance like I could on PS4 and there is no pop-in when riding my mount! I am really enjoying the game so much more, except for one little bug that I will post on another thread.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• nnicely
    nnicely
    Soul Shriven
    After playing for a few hours last night I can say the issue is definitely fixed now. Thanks to the devs and the community team for addressing the matter.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for fixing this!

I downloaded the enhanced version yesterday and played it today because I read this. The load times for loading screens are sometimes instantaneous, it’s really astounding. I can’t see the draw distance like I could on PS4 and there is no pop-in when riding my mount! I am really enjoying the game so much more, except for one little bug that I will post on another thread.

I really love the enhanced version. It was like playing a whole new game when coming from several years on PS4.
  • The3sFinest
    The3sFinest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice today's patch brought back the brightness issue, but only on the character select screen?

Edit: My mistake, I guess my TV is resetting my picture somehow.
    Edited by The3sFinest on April 28, 2022 6:06PM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice today's patch brought back the brightness issue, but only on the character select screen?

Looks fine to me on PS5. Same platform?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its been ok for me on ps5 eu
    Soupy twist