The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Option to sell or gift house that is no longer used.

Cyber10
Cyber10
✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I bit the bullet and upgraded my house because the home that I wanted was on sale, so I started thinking about housing and what to do with homes you no longer need.

1) Allow us to gift or transfer ownership to a friend/guild member, which would give that person complete control of that home moving forward. This can be a single one time use transfer, so homes can only be transferred one time only. This can be in the housing options when editing your home, so that it is easy to find and use. Something simple like: "Transfer deed and ownership of home to friend"

2) Allow us to sell the home back to the crown store for a percentage of crowns, maybe 50% or 40% back from original purchase, so those crowns can go towards upgrading to a bigger home. The amount can also be based on how long you owned the home, so if you owned it for 5-7 years maybe only 20%-25% back and 1-4 years 50%-30% back. This can be an option when you go to purchase another home that asks if you want to sell the existing home. A restriction can be that you must own the home for a minimum of a year and before selling you must have all of the items that you own removed from the house or it will not allow you to make the transaction.

3) In a perfect world ESO would have a housing agent in each capital city that allows the transaction. You could sell it or transfer through this agent.

Just a thought that I am sure has been mentioned, but it would be a nice option.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like having the extra houses for free fast travel points, since i have a house in almost every zone i rarely have to pay wayshrine fees regardless of my location lol

(background: i have 68 of the houses, but almost none of them are decorated, i just got them for a combination of the aesthetics and to have another fast travel point lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me houses are collectibles and therefore need to be collected, not sold ;)

Still some missing but getting there B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, you guys are real estate moguls of Tamriel! lol... Very cool!

The thing is just about all of my friends have a home, but a couple of friends started playing a few months ago and they do not have a home. I thought it would be cool if I could gift them my smaller home since they have access to it anyway, but if they own it they can put their storage in it. It seems like it would be a cool feature to have in game.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can give a house from the crown store, but only on a "fresh purchase"

if you want a more affordable way to give them a house, you could give them enough gold to buy a house of their choice for gold

a very affordable home is the one in coldharbour, if they have the pre-req achievement completed then they can purchase a "notable" size house for only 1 mil gold (about 1/4 the price of the other notable houses you can buy with gold)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, you gift people 1 mil gold for houses???
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for friends sure lol, gold is a lot easier to gift anyway than crowns lol (and dont cost real money lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for friends sure lol, gold is a lot easier to gift anyway than crowns lol (and dont cost real money lol)

Speak for yourself. I'm nearly broke ingame but have thousands of crowns I don't need for anything. I enjoy gifting things from the crown store to friends.
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can give a house from the crown store, but only on a "fresh purchase"

if you want a more affordable way to give them a house, you could give them enough gold to buy a house of their choice for gold

a very affordable home is the one in coldharbour, if they have the pre-req achievement completed then they can purchase a "notable" size house for only 1 mil gold (about 1/4 the price of the other notable houses you can buy with gold)

That is good info, but I all I want to be able to do is gift them my old house that I do not use. It Would be a nice feature if we could do this considering we already paid for the house. Allowing ownership to be transferred one time would be cool.