The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, now that magica and stamina sets are the same thing, do we get real perfected false gods back?

f047ys3v3n
f047ys3v3n
✭✭✭✭✭
So, back in August 2020 Perfected False Gods was nerfed. Most interpreted this as a knock on the fact this magica set was more powerful than the equivalent stam set as there had been a good deal of carping on the forums by stam folks over the only mag set to be better than the equivalent stam set in the game. The patch notes said something slightly different but we didn't buy that reasoning as it didn't make a whole lot of sense. Neither VO nor QS are perfected sets dropping for vet DLC trials only from vet bosses. VO is in no way even a "perfected" version of QS as they have different 3 and 4 piece bonuses. Both drooped normal craig trials and QS isn't actually even a trials dps set as it has no minor slayer buff.
False God's Devotion:

Removed the extra 5 piece bonus of Spell Damage on the normal version of this set, and the extra 5 piece bonus of Magicka on the perfected version, to better mirror the power Vicious Ophidian as the perfected version of Quick Serpent.
This set now properly mentions its 1 second cooldown.

I know many of us were unhappy with this because PFGD offered users the unique combination of being a primarily sustain PVE set without taking too large a hit on damage such as you would have if you went with a pure magica sustain set like Seducer. It could do this because, being a "perfected" set, it had an extra item bonus over non-perfected sets such as the Visious Ophidian to which it was being compared. We also thought it an ironic change since, at the time, there were something like 6 stam sets better than any magica set and which had no magica equivalent. Now, of course, mag dps's are using many of these. Kinras, Reliquin, Tzovkins, AY, etc. all used to be stam with no mag equivalent and all are now used on mag or mag / stam (as thats now a thing) builds.

That brings us to now. I'm lobbying to get full on PFGD back because I liked the option of using a compromise sustain / power set that had full on "perfected" levels of overall buff. I'm sure lots of mag, stam, and mag / stam folks who agree since were all really in one boat together now. I should also note that currently, PFGD and VO are actually totally redundant. Both of these sets carry the exact same text even though one says it is perfected and drops only from bosses in a veteran DLC trial and the other drops in base game non-veteran craiglorn trials.

Who is with me, bring back PFGD. I want the "perfected" power set with a mix of sustain and power it was.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 28, 2022 11:30PM
I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Tremuto
    Tremuto
    ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of text for a sub-par set in vSS.

Also they're not the same. One restores Magicka while the other restores Stamina upon kills.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if we get light armor pieces with the stamina sustain too.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson