The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would making restoration staffs like ice staffs in defensive bonus make the game unbalance?

moleculardrugs
moleculardrugs
✭✭✭✭
Wondering because it seems like the restoration staff would be a better option for magicka tanks.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 28, 2022 8:29PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my first question is what would you give up from the passives because they are all very beneficial for a healer.

Second you would further water down the necessity of having a healer by making it easier to run on tank.

Meanwhile the reason why you run a destro staff on a tank has it's reasons. Wall of elements is the easiest way to keep crushing glyph up. Also being able to block with mag on an ice staff is very helpful if your stamina is low.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about unbalanced but, as a healer, I don't want my healing staff watered down/weakened for healing by corrupting it with tank stuff. Just like users of fire, ice and shock staves don't appreciate having their destruction weapons corrupted by tank stuff. The obvious need here is a third type of staff (in addition to destruction and restoration) for tanks. Something like a 'defender' staff that is all about and only about supporting tanks. And good enough that magic tanks could consider running without S&B on one bar.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read suggestions of Alteration Staff or a Weapon+Rune or other. I remember Oak/Stone Flesh, those could be armor skills or Morphs at least. Debuffing enemies could also fall under that theme, melting an enemies armor and such, or softening the enemies offences. I could imagine a ground effect of manipulating the floor to slow down enemies, potential for good Crowd Control Support for that type of line.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I find the Restoration staff amazing for back bar specifically for it's blocking, restorative, and healing passives. (Mostly in PvP) When I'm block casting my burst heal every time I block an attack I'm getting a bit of magicka back from it. Lacks the increased damage reduction an ice staff or sword and board would give me, but my build is more of a healing > mitigation sort of build as I don't like skimping on damage.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    My personal opinion is that if any staff is used to block it should come from magicka, not stamina. The ice staff, needs a better passive than that. This is like forcing melee to use magicka to block on anything other than s&b.