The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Error 326 Character is currently locked

mekops_ESO
mekops_ESO
✭✭✭
Game froze up on me in a dungeon. Came to to find my main "character is currently locked." Havent ever had anything like this happen since I started playing in the beta. I am posting here to get a human being out ahead of this ASAP with the events being right around the corner. Please unlock my character. A ticket has been submitted. Reference number 220328-002339. I am on PC-NA.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 31, 2022 7:31PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601151

From this post ZOS put out before the console update going live, that error is known, but they only give the 'send a support ticket' answer as a solution, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but that's their current workaround for it.
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601151

From this post ZOS put out before the console update going live, that error is known, but they only give the 'send a support ticket' answer as a solution, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon, but that's their current workaround for it.

Edited to include that I am on PC-NA. But knowing about THIS at least gives me SOME kind of idea as to what might have happened.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've got one account with one locked on each PC NA and EU. Already submitted a ticket, no response yet. Hopefully they'll get on this, because I'm not logging back into game until it's fixed. I thought it was a total outlier when it happened on PC NA, but obviously not the case.
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Yeah, I've got one account with one locked on each PC NA and EU. Already submitted a ticket, no response yet. Hopefully they'll get on this, because I'm not logging back into game until it's fixed. I thought it was a total outlier when it happened on PC NA, but obviously not the case.

Happen to you with today?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mekops_ESO wrote: »

Yes. First one (PC NA) at around 8:15 am US MDT, second one (PC EU) at 1 pm US MDT.
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Yes. First one (PC NA) at around 8:15 am US MDT, second one (PC EU) at 1 pm US MDT.

I hope with it being a known bug on console, that they jump on it fast. Was lagged out, then my character was locked. It happened to you twice while playing. So it sounds like it its not even a good idea to login at all until they fix it. What a pain.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope with it being a known bug on console, that they jump on it fast. Was lagged out, then my character was locked. It happened to you twice while playing. So it sounds like it its not even a good idea to login at all until they fix it. What a pain.

Exactly. I'll be either playing Skyrim, or downloading Horizon Zero Dawn and playing that. ESO can have a long spring nap.

ETA: at 5:40 pm US MDT, I received an email in response to my ticket, stating that both characters had been unlocked. That was in truth the case, things are now normal on that account both PC NA and EU. I will still not log in until this bug has been fixed.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on March 28, 2022 11:46PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mekops_ESO and @Sylvermynx

If you've not done so, please open a ticket for help with Error 326. If you already have a ticket open, you're welcome to post it here so it can be checked to ensure it is being handled correctly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »

If you've not done so, please open a ticket for help with Error 326. If you already have a ticket open, you're welcome to post it here so it can be checked to ensure it is being handled correctly.

Yep, did so this morning. Just got an email from CS showing both characters unlocked, which proved to be the case. Not going to log in anyone for anything until this bug is fixed. Thanks for the response @ZOS_Bill!
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »

220328-002339

I just updated this ticket with an email that includes the proper report file a short time ago. Ty.
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I dont even have a second email from bethesda yet. Sylvermynx got sorted within hours.
  • mekops_ESO
    mekops_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Character is unlocked. TY for your time @ZOS_Bill
    Edited by mekops_ESO on March 29, 2022 4:38PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Great!

Since those who have posted in this thread now have their characters unlocked, we will now close the discussion.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 31, 2022 7:32PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.