The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PLAYSTATION EU | Greyhost population noticable decreasing

MISTFORMBZZZ
MISTFORMBZZZ
✭✭✭
During the past weeks, the players population is noticable going down.
During prime time , which i would say is betwen 7 uk and 10 uk we have rarely 3 bars on each alliance, most of the time its EP with 3 bars and AD and DC 2 bars.
Even on Friday, Saturday, Sunday - i logged in at 8.30 pm UK and some alliances have only 2 bars - on the maincampaign.

Its not like the performance has been better since that.. the opposite, the lag is still terrible and there are exploits which are being abused , like still pulling players off walls with dark convergence or even into walls, which is way worse.

For my pvp guild is not really a point in playing , if there is no action to find on the map, since we arent into pvdoor.

It just feels like more and more player leaving cyrodiil and i wonder if zos is gonna do something against it finally or if pvp will be boring soon.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its not like the performance has been better since that.. the opposite, the lag is still terrible and there are exploits which are being abused , like still pulling players off walls with dark convergence or even into walls, which is way worse.

Its ok guys the teams working on it since at least October last year.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1164620475?t=1h13m22s
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday evening PC NA had zero queue for our faction until about 8pm PST, it is usually pop locked starting around 5pm, it was bizarre to say the least.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I feel the same thing is happening to PS NA server as well, and I don't think the coming update is going to help make that any better.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Unfortunately I feel the same thing is happening to PS NA server as well, and I don't think the coming update is going to help make that any better.

I play on PS NA GH and it's really only AD/DC that the population is lowering for. EP is at a full 3 bars consistently almost every campaign it seems
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    its deffo decreasing , im sure during the event we will see 1 bar alliances in gh
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just feels like more and more player leaving cyrodiil and i wonder if zos is gonna do something against it finally or if pvp will be boring soon.
    The population feels like it's really fallen off the past year on PC/NA too. Performance aside, the learning curve is incredibly steep and the floor/ceiling power gap is unmanageable. Casual disorganized players get destroyed over and over until they quit. Competitive players get bored of being stuck between pointless stalemates or a complete lack of competition. A small handful of powerful strategies completely annihilate and choke out anything else players could be doing. It's a sickly oppressive metagame at every scale. I can't even begin to imagine how to fix it.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MISTFORMBZZZ
    You are absolutely right, PvP is dying on Playstation EU. Bad performance, lags, bugs, bluescreens, disconnects, loading screens and all the stuff they are "working on" have been driving players away for too long.
    Your guild is playing a few hours a week, farming enemy homekeeps and scrolls at primetime, right? Well, from now on you will have to attack red homekeeps too, because AD ist dead. Playing other games.
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    Lebkuchen wrote: »
    @MISTFORMBZZZ
    You are absolutely right, PvP is dying on Playstation EU. Bad performance, lags, bugs, bluescreens, disconnects, loading screens and all the stuff they are "working on" have been driving players away for too long.
    Your guild is playing a few hours a week, farming enemy homekeeps and scrolls at primetime, right? Well, from now on you will have to attack red homekeeps too, because AD ist dead. Playing other games.

jup we are already going for ep keeps 80% of the time, we just uploaded a RED Special on yt about us only fighting EP
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have and play a bunch of toons in both NA and EU Grey Host for Playstation...i play DC on both servers...

last campaign on EU my highest toon had around 300k AP, which was good for about 200th place...

over on NA, my highest toon had about 500k AP, which was good for around 150th place...

once I got past around 200k AP on both servers, my "position"/campaign placing amongst my own alliance didn't change much...

so, at least for last campaign, it sort of seemed like the EU side had more players participating...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO PvP gameplay is horrible. Why would people want to play it?

I say this every time.... unless you are pushing for achievements, specific rewards, event stuff, or are just so invested into ESO that you can no longer player other games, there is no reason to PvP in this game. Because guess what. Other games have come out now (Lost Ark, Elden Ring) and whether you like those games or not, the ESO PvPers have been looking for something new to invest a ton of time.

I can’t speak for PC players, but on console the populations were thriving all the way until the Shadows of the Hist dlc in 2016. This was when we had the first ever proc meta of Viper’s Sting+Velidreth.... then there was a huge loss of players in Morrowind. Ever since then it has just been a steady decline of players.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people just stopped played when they announced a card game for 2022
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people just stopped played when they announced a card game for 2022

That is exactly how I feel. That is so bizarre situation. PvP is lacklustre in so many ways. Nothing spceial to keep it interesting. Then we get a card game. I do not even wanna start how bad the game feels nowadays. if I am being honest, there is just this joyless feeling when I pvp. I try to spend a few hours in the game a day but often lack will to play more than few minutes. Sorry ESO but if you do not sharpen your game there will be less players in the near future.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is in a bad place tbh, cross healing is too strong and people who dont like to die simply build into no damage so they dont die. Solo open world is a terrible experience, all you come across is tanks/healers/zergs then nb's hiding amongst them.
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭

tbh yes, first this terrible statement in the live stream , when the woman of the one dev / or actually community manager or what ever said she has no sympathy for pvp and they both were laughing about the pvp community, then the statement with the usual ,,we are working on this, just wait another year´´ and then announcing a card game, which nobody ever asked for, instead of fixing the game..