The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Introducing the New Sunken Trove Crates!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
cs9cfnpt7yer.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Introducing the New Sunken Trove Crate!" blog article.

Dive into the darkest depths of the Sunken Trove Crown Crates and surface a host of new mounts, pets, styles, and more.

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in the Sunken Trove Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
  • Surfglow Courser
  • Coral Crawler Dwarven Spider
  • Cat o' War Senche Lion

Apex Rewards:
  • Reefborn Wolf
  • Reefborn Bear
  • Reefborn Charger
  • Reefborn Guar
  • Reefborn Senche-Lion
  • Rainsiren Nereid

Legendary Rewards:
  • Enchanting Cherry Blossom Marks
  • Nereid's Seafoam Raiment
  • Traveling Merchant
  • Sword Dance
  • Aquarium, Large Abecean Coral
  • Waterfall Fountain, Round
  • Mariner's Nimbus Stone
  • Shadowghost Wolf
  • Keptu Bear
  • Pellitine Scorch Senche-Lion
  • Reefborn Battle Axe
  • Reefborn Bow
  • Reefborn Shield
  • Reefborn Staff
  • Reefborn Sword
  • Labyrinthian Luminary

Epic Rewards:
  • Aurelian Osprey Coronel
  • Splendid Seabird Earring
  • Ket Keptu Body Marks
  • Crab Pinch
  • Feed Bird
  • Where's My Drink?
  • Darloc's Golden Eyes
  • Aquarium, Abecean Coral
  • Tranquility Pond, Botanical
  • Nereid's Seafoam Coiffure
  • Savvy Scoundrel's Mask
  • Aurulun Fledgling Gryphon
  • Meadowglass Wolf Pup
  • Mustardseed Moth
  • Rustbite Ringtail

Superior Rewards:
  • Old Salt Body Tattoos
  • Saint Kaladas Body Markings
  • Ket Keptu Face Marks
  • Mirthless Mirror Face Paint
  • Old Salt Face Tattoos
  • Saint Kaladas Face Markings
  • Keptu Chief Cuirass
  • Keptu Chief Gauntlets
  • Keptu Chief Greaves
  • Keptu Chief Helm
  • Keptu Chief Pauldrons
  • Keptu Chief Sabatons
  • Alcaire Blue Cockeral
  • Karthspire Coney
  • Keptu Bear Cub
  • Mzark Jade-Cap Shroom Shalk
  • Sooty Breton Terrier
  • Tortoiseshell Echatere

Fine Rewards:
  • Monochrome: White with Heavy Shadows
  • Monochrome: White with Black Outlines
  • Monochrome: Light-Dark-Light
  • Monochrome: Checkerboard
  • Monochrome: Black Relieved by White
  • Monochrome: Black is Slimming
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 7, 2022 3:19PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was a way for me to preview the animated items (like emotes and mementos) in the article, but I guess there are challenges there given the volume of items. I suppose I'll have to wait 3 days to see them in-game!
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sea Veil Spire house when??

Please, I have a mighty need. Been saving my ESO+ crowns up for it.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • gwennoryth
    gwennoryth
    Soul Shriven
    That Reefborn Charger mount is so gorgeous - all of the colors and textures are mind-blowing - and I really like the costume as well. These previews make me stoked to see all of the other items that come in these crates!!
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really nice to see the upcoming crates a few days before the old ones disappear - helps with decisions about spending crown gems on the outgoing ones, or saving for the next. Thanks for posting this now, Kevin! Your timely communications with the community are much appreciated.

I've always wanted these posts to include images - under the spoiler tags would be fine. It's unfortunate that we have to go to other sites to see what these things are, rather than just guess from their names.

Even including the type of item would be helpful. Like this:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Legendary Rewards:
    • Enchanting Cherry Blossom Marks (Body Markings)
    • Nereid's Seafoam Raiment (Costume)
    • Traveling Merchant (Costume)
    • Sword Dance (Emote)
    • Aquarium, Large Abecean Coral (Furnishing)
    • Waterfall Fountain, Round (Furnishing)
    • Mariner's Nimbus Stone (Memento)
    • Shadowghost Wolf (Mount)
    • Keptu Bear (Mount)
    • Pellitine Scorch Senche-Lion (Mount)
    • Reefborn Battle Axe (Outfit Style)
    • Reefborn Bow (Outfit Style)
    • Reefborn Shield (Outfit Style)
    • Reefborn Staff (Outfit Style)
    • Reefborn Sword (Outfit Style)
    • Labyrinthian Luminary (Skin)

Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the datamined pictures it looks like all the skins cover the characters' eyes. WHY ZOS?!!?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No motif books? I liked how Fang Lair and Stags of Z'en motifs were in the Celestial crates.
  • Rexicom
    Rexicom
    ✭✭
    So is it the rainsiren or riversiren nereid. Yet another apex reward that isn't a mount, great. I don't think anyone is enjoying this trend. At the least the previous celestial skin did stand out from the rest, but the nereid looks just like any other skin.
  • matt.stammler_ESO
    matt.stammler_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    How many gems will the Radient APEX: Coral Crawler Dwarven Spider be?
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Apex rewards that aren't mounts are very disappointing to get, because they aren't higher quality by any means.

For example, the Celestial costume from the Celestial Crates Apex rewards is the same quality as a 100 gem costume. It's not more exciting to get. So why is it SO rare and so expensive? Same goes for the Nereid skin.

Also, please consider releasing Crate-exclusive furniture in the store or in a pack, even for just a limited time. They're well-designed items that are excessively rare and often staple items to a certain theme or culture. Luckily, the Sunken Trove furniture appears to be more missable than others.

That being said, the mounts look beautiful! I wish there was a preview of the Keptu Chief outfit style.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely gorgeous! And yeah, some kind of coral reef house would be amazing.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it just Sammy, or the Nereids Seafoam Raiment’s skirt front with the green shells deco look a bit, um, like a big green eggplant in the distance??
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For example, the Celestial costume from the Celestial Crates Apex rewards is the same quality as a 100 gem costume. It's not more exciting to get. So why is it SO rare and so expensive? Same goes for the Nereid skin.

The costumes and skins used to be 100 gems but in the recent past they increased it to 400, making a tone-deaf comment about it along the lines of 'now costumes and skins are in the apex category!' as if it was a new and exciting thing... I think it was because of the seals of endeavours: making things more expensive of course boosts crate sales, but also uses up more seals and indirectly encourages more crate sales.

On another topic, I think the theme in this crate season might be left over assets from Summerset and might be an indication that we'll likely not be getting a Maormer expansion. They definitely don't look Breton-like, but there'll be a crate season when the chapter drops, so those crates will probably be Breton-themed.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I think the theme in this crate season might be left over assets from Summerset and might be an indication that we'll likely not be getting a Maormer expansion. They definitely don't look Breton-like, but there'll be a crate season when the chapter drops, so those crates will probably be Breton-themed.

Based on events in the new dungeons, it seems like the Maormer will feature somewhat as a faction. There's a datamined weapon arms pack with a distinct Maormer look.

And keep in mind that for last year, the crates were Akaviri Potentate, Ayleid, Iron Atronach, and Grim Harlequin. Of those, the Iron Atty crates were by far the most thematically relevant, and many of the assets from there were used in the main zone quests. So the crate seasons aren't always indicative of upcoming content.

The crates coming with High Isle will be "Dark Chivalry", which sounds like Ascendant Order or breton—but who knows what will be in there, really.
    PC-NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on events in the new dungeons, it seems like the Maormer will feature somewhat as a faction. There's a datamined weapon arms pack with a distinct Maormer look.

Unless I’m badly misremembering, the announcement stream said the next Trial will feature the Maormer.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd have been cool to get a Nereid polymorph, but I guess the skin and the outfits are the next best thing.

My "sea-elf" character will appreciate the outfit at least.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Lonewolf628
    Lonewolf628
    ✭✭
    Yay
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one else has mentioned wanting to see what's available in the crates with pictures, not just a text list (cross-referenced with datamined images on other sites), but if anyone does want to see what's in the crates?

Uesp.net (the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Project) is always a great resource for all things Elder Scrolls. :)

Sunken Trove Crates, with pictures!
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many gems will the Radient APEX: Coral Crawler Dwarven Spider be?

no1 knows till crates are up,my guess is 1600 -given the fact (?) that lion is 2500
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin - I noticed that the dye stamps in Sunken Trove are Monochrome, exactly the same ones that are in Celestial Crates. Usually the dye stamps in each crown crate are different, aren't they?

Not that I care, not into dye stamps personally, they're all just crown gems to me. But thought you might want to check it. :)
  • MrBunnyRampage
    How long will these chest be available? I cant get on till after the 20th. I dont want to miss out.
    Edited by MrBunnyRampage on March 31, 2022 1:14AM
  • Bokila
    Bokila
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any news on the NightFall Crates? Think i opened between 100-200 crates 2 years ago trying to get the Cursebound Senche-Raht Darkfang but no luck.. I have saved alot of gems since and i'd like to purchase it when it comes back but i'm starting to lose my patience.. :(
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How long will tgese chest be available? I cant get on till after the 20th. I dont want to miss out.

Crate seasons are usually like 3ish months, so you should have time.
    PC-NA
  • XaraxDev
    XaraxDev
    ✭✭
    These crate items arent for me but I can sympathize with those who would want the furnishings from this set but dont want to gamble. I really wish the ZOS wouldn't hide furnishings behind crown gems. I would gladly spend crowns on a furnishing pack but if you want more than one of a crown crate furnishing its becomes excessively expensive.Also, why are skins suddenly so expensive? Things like this do not encourage me to buy more crown crates. Hope they bring back an older set soon. Those were more balanced.
  • duagloth
    duagloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    XaraxDev wrote: »
    These crate items arent for me but I can sympathize with those who would want the furnishings from this set but dont want to gamble. I really wish the ZOS wouldn't hide furnishings behind crown gems. I would gladly spend crowns on a furnishing pack but if you want more than one of a crown crate furnishing its becomes excessively expensive.Also, why are skins suddenly so expensive? Things like this do not encourage me to buy more crown crates. Hope they bring back an older set soon. Those were more balanced.

exactly this, shameful design ZOS
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incrementally reducing the value given for what you spend (in terms of cash and time in game), is a hallmark of the franchise now!
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'll be saving some crowns, there is nothing I find interesting in the crates nor the April showcase :)

Wake me up when Veya's hairstyle and some more bright-throat scale options are available :p
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    Wow, those crates look truly amazing. Imo the first set worthy of gambling for in a few years. Hence the post.

Sadly the last few times i gambled for gems, i really wasn't happy with the rewards.. it felt much less generous, so.. maybe when they're on clearance sale.

Don't mind me im just not a gambler, but its a good set. There's more than one thing i want for my endeavours and twitch gems, so i'll trying my hardest as usual to min max spending my way to more items. Maybe (hope this years chapter is inspiring).
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty disappointing that the apex mounts have no summon animation and nothing special for the "spacebar" animation :/ otherwise I think they're nicely textured and like that they have unique sound effects. I just feel like the quality of the apex mounts gets diminished every season. It's been especially noticeable since costumes and skins unfortunately started being added into that category and replacing one of the mounts.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zorrin wrote: »
    Pretty disappointing that the apex mounts have no summon animation and nothing special for the "spacebar" animation :/ otherwise I think they're nicely textured and like that they have unique sound effects. I just feel like the quality of the apex mounts gets diminished every season. It's been especially noticeable since costumes and skins unfortunately started being added into that category and replacing one of the mounts.

True.

What was the standard for apex mounts a few seasons back is now the standard for radiant apex, while the quality of todays apex mounts has diminished significantly and noticeably.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Zorrin and @Tyrion87. Thanks for the feedback here. We can pass that information along to the proper team.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post