The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Major lag

kalimar44
kalimar44
✭✭✭✭
What is going on? I have fiber ISP and none of my other online games are having any issues right now, but the lag right now not counting Cyrodill is really bad! I've never experienced lag like this in the game outside Cyrodill. What's going on?
  • DamnitDawn
    DamnitDawn
    ✭✭
    Same. It's been happening all day, even for simple things like pickpocketing or stealing. I hit the button to steal from a cabinet, and it seems like nothing is happening, but a few seconds later it works. I was pickpocketing a guy in a house and I kept hitting the button with no response, then suddenly he disappeared. Turned out he had walked away and was on the other side of the house.

During combat with dragons all kinds of crazy stuff is happening, like the dragon and add-ons completely freezing up for many seconds, and then it all catches up at once and I'm dead. And it wasn't just me either, I noticed 3 other people in that fight dying at the same time for what looked like the same reason.

I have never seen this kind of lag before. Usually things just freeze up and then I get kicked. Tbh I'd rather that happened than this torture.
  • deleted220419-005321
    Same here. Managed to finish a dungeon by watching everyone else as I lagged out. Couldn't even finish a second dungeon. Just locked up. Internet is in tip top shape with everything else.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post