The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestion: Solo Mode for Dungeons, Arenas & Trials

BlossomDead
BlossomDead
✭✭✭✭
I find it very hard to group up with other players these days. It's either:
  • the active player base dwindled down a little bit,
  • a schedule mismatch,
  • some of the content I want to run is actually old and a lot of players are burnt out on it ,
  • the newer generations of players might not feel inclined to group up or interact that much anymore,
  • or all of these reasons combined,
but I'm usually stuck with not being able to group up for farming specific gear (including by asking in guilds/discord), as I like to craft my own builds.

My suggestion is to amend a little Dungeons, Arenas & Trials to remove the mechanics that would absolutely require more than one person to successfully beat the content. I'm assuming a simple condition of checking if there is no group or if the group is player + companion should suffice in order to load solo mode automatically.

I'm not suggesting a HM/Vet Mode for now, but I wouldn't be opposed to it, however I would also have the following amendments for drops:
  • Add Monster Sets as blue drops
  • Maybe add a secondary type of Undaunted keys or store the dungeon type along with the key so that we can run Undaunted tasks solo as well and gain access to coffers with the same blue drops (shoulders)
  • Perfected and Non-Perfected gear:
    • generally discard the differences and merge the extra attribute into the regular gear,
    • differentiate the drops from normal (because now normal will also be solo) and veteran by quality: normal - purple, veteran - gold (I really feel like the time invested into completing arenas&trials and the randomness of the rewards warrants this change)

These could be released not necessarily in a bunch, but maybe a few every couple of weeks or so, in regular sprints.

What do you think? Let me know your thoughts.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_Kevin maybe this is something you could also forward to the team whenever you have time.
Edited by BlossomDead on March 26, 2022 2:40AM
  • Icy_Nelyan
    Icy_Nelyan
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally for solo mode pve and I have the same problem you have in finding people helping me to get the X Monster helm, I have no problem in solo dungeons, but some veteran Is another story.

I don't know if this Will ever happen, but I really Hope so; until then if you are on PC EU I can help you with dungeons, I can self sustain myself while doin damage in mostly all the veteran core dungeons, send me a private message here on the forum and I could help you (I don't Remember my tag atm and can't check It out until tomorrow 😅)
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, glad you like the idea.

Sure, I'm open to duo some dungeons. My game handle is exactly like the forum one. See you there sometime.

Meanwhile I am soloing what I can.