The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Request for new furnishing CP slotable

Djennku
Djennku
✭✭✭✭✭
One of the things I would love to see in the future is a green CP slotable that increases the quality of furnishing plans found in game. It would increase the chances of getting blue and purple (and gold where applicable) furnishing plans when looting one.

@ZOS_Kevin Wanted to bring this up to you guys and request that it be something you might consider for the future.
@Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
Vamp and WW bites available for players.
Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many CPs that could be used for furnishing. More efficient furniture making (costing slightly less materials when possible), for example.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolutely no, unless it was an all the time active passive cp

the green tree already has too many useful things as "slottables" when anything non-combat related should not be a slottable

if it was a slottable what would you give up? treasure chest bonus? double harvest? harvest speed? improved decon? lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps some CP points could have multi-purpose?

I was thinking the other day that it might be nice if the fishing cp "Angler’s Instincts - Increases your chance of catching higher quality fish..." could be a bit less specific and include other types of drops. I had Monster Trophies in mind when thinking this.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Perhaps some CP points could have multi-purpose?

I was thinking the other day that it might be nice if the fishing cp "Angler’s Instincts - Increases your chance of catching higher quality fish..." could be a bit less specific and include other types of drops. I had Monster Trophies in mind when thinking this.

i would still rather all of these beneficial non-combat slottables be full passives

i would like to use the fishing bonuses on my main to help with fishing, but too many times i end up forgetting change my cp slottables back after im done fishing because this is a bad system

blue tree is mainly for dmg/healing, red is for tanking/survivability, green seems to be utility, but im not changing my cp around constantly for each activity

the only slottables that should be slottables in the green tree are the ones that boost food/potions/sneak or the mount one as those have combat relevance
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s ridiculous to pretend like these crafting passives have any negative effect on performance.

Just look at all the new armor and weapon sets they’ve pushed out lately. Everything has stacks of “whatever” that do this, that and the other. Tons of calculations.

Let me harvest my mat nodes and do it quickly instead of twice as long and let me do it for free.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the double mats cp could also increase the chance of furnishing mats?
    PC - NA
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejayvee wrote: »

It does.

It doubles your "pulls" from the node. And if you get 2 pulls, you have twice the opportunity to get furnishing mats.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    deejayvee wrote: »

It does.

It doubles your "pulls" from the node. And if you get 2 pulls, you have twice the opportunity to get furnishing mats.

I meant increasing the percentage as well.
    PC - NA
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the green tree already has too many useful things as "slottables" when anything non-combat related should not be a slottable

if it was a slottable what would you give up? treasure chest bonus? double harvest? harvest speed? improved decon? lol

Permanently active would be great, but if not, I'd rather have the dilemma of choosing between two sorely needed slottables, than not having ANY option to increase the quality of drops. Options are good, always.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »

Permanently active would be great, but if not, I'd rather have the dilemma of choosing between two sorely needed slottables, than not having ANY option to increase the quality of drops. Options are good, always.

realistically all 4 options i mentioned that are currently slottables, should not be slottables

my personal take on cp is that slottables should only be things that affect combat, but for some reason they included virtually no "combat" related passives in the green tree

its already annoying enough that there are at least 7 green slottables that are useful but i dont want to switch them out whenever i change activity

if you were harvesting mats but passed by a fishing hole, now you need to change slottables, when your done fishing, now you need to change slottables, its just ridiculous
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master