Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do you feel about that one item that hasn't come back in years?

LesserCircle
LesserCircle
✭✭✭✭✭
We all have one, maybe a mount, a motif perhaps or even a hair style or personality. Crown store items can take years to return and even tho we might want to throw money at the game, we can't do it. It's really frustrating and I wish the crown store would rotate it's items much faster, I also don't understand why they insist in having such few items at the same time.

I know they want them to be limited so we just have to buy them instantly when they become available in fear that we might not be able to soon but when it takes more than 2 years to return I feel like many people just give up on the game or when it returns they don't want it anymore or even lack the money to buy it at that point.

I would like to hear what are the items that you've been waiting for and how do you feel about this situation.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's the dappled grey palfrey horse.

I don't think this is a deliberate marketing choice, because it's been gone too long. It was one of the original mounts available when the crown store first launched and at the time there was no indication it was going to be a limited time offer. Sometime later (a month or two I think) it was removed, along with several other items, and it's never been back since. It hasn't been in the crown store, it's never been in a crown crate, as far as I know there's been no way to get it since 2015.

It's annoying because I was 50/50 between getting that or the white mane horse, thinking whichever I didn't choose then I'd get sometime later and if I'd known this was going to happen I'd absolutely have gotten the dappled grey instead. When it was announced that it was going to be removed in a few days I was away and couldn't buy it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean the Bal Foyan Circus Guar?

That guar that was only available for a few days a few years ago?

The single rarest guar in the game?

The one guar I want more than any radiant mount I own?

I feel like I would really, REALLY like to have it at my guar reserve.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • WraithCaller88
    WraithCaller88
    ✭✭✭
    I legit joined these forums just so I could screech about getting Tel Galen back on the Crown Store, and I'm not going to stop until its available again.

ZOS is a level 1 Morrowind player character & I'm the cliff racer that won't let them rest.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope you get your guar one day, friend
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    im waiting for Bantam Guar
    Bantam-Guar-Side.jpg?resize=361%2C366&ssl=1
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and the Shadowghost Guar! :'( I've waited so long for both.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the scuttler that was a "free pet" bonus on one of the way early - gazillion years ago - physical copy of the game.

I do have it on an account that I bought, gifted to someone, they never played so now I play it.

But darnitall I would so love to have this on my "Main" account.

I was iffy about the gloomspore mounts early on - they look too darn weird, but when I'm near the rare player who uses them, I find the sound of them really cool, so I would like another chance.

I have long missed the Murkmire "[whatever]-lizard" mounts, but now they are only gems and endeavors and I am never going to get enough of either to afford them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That one is probably the second rarest given how limited time it was and the fact that it hasn't been put in any crates thus far. It's another one I really want, although I do have the little one.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dapple Grey Palfrey and Grey Yokudan Charger horses. Both were last in the crown store May of 2015, and both get used in promotional art/screenshots all the time :D irritating lol
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That one is probably the second rarest given how limited time it was and the fact that it hasn't been put in any crates thus far. It's another one I really want, although I do have the little one.

Same. I use the pet on one of my characters and I want the matching mount. So annoying because the pets and the other shadowghost mounts have reappeared but not the guar :expressionless:
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just really want the Shadowrend arms pack back in. Just like the Ilambris arms pack that hadn't been in since its premier either, but they just got put in, so I for one would just be so happy if Shadowrend could come back.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only 2 things i would consider would probably be the ebony dwarven spider from bandaari crates (the black one with the roof)

the other would probably be the "joke" weapons offered 1 time on the crown store, yeah sure they were useless as actual weapons, and if they are offered again they should be an outfit style (we need a more joke weapon style thing, similar to the cadwell set)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have that one! I bought the whole set of Shadowghost mounts when they first came out because I really liked the patterns. I don't understand why they're not more popular because they're lovely mounts and not so obviously festival themed that they look out of place the rest of the year, which is what normally puts me off ones tied to a specific event.

And yeah, I was very surprised when the rest came back to the crown store and the guar didn't. It's weird to leave one out of a set like that.
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I love the scuttler that was a "free pet" bonus on one of the way early - gazillion years ago - physical copy of the game.

I do have it on an account that I bought, gifted to someone, they never played so now I play it.

But darnitall I would so love to have this on my "Main" account.

I was iffy about the gloomspore mounts early on - they look too darn weird, but when I'm near the rare player who uses them, I find the sound of them really cool, so I would like another chance.

I have long missed the Murkmire "[whatever]-lizard" mounts, but now they are only gems and endeavors and I am never going to get enough of either to afford them.

The lizard mounts have always been crown crate exclusives. Each crate has a set of items (usually mounts but recently including other things too) which are not available any other way, and those are the ones for the Xanmeer crates.

It is very expensive but seals of endeavour or buying crates (either to get them directly or from gems) are your only options there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legion zero charger.

I NEED MY PURPLE BOI!
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭

Weirdly have both. Loved the circus guar so got it. Assumed would make regular appearance's.

Ditto to the shadowghost guar.

None if the equined mentioned though.

Bought most things over the years so not sure anything i want.

Which is a bit sad.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It came this month so now I don't know 🙂
  • Nyami
    Nyami
    Soul Shriven
    Short Mussed Wave. I came back to ESO a week after its time and I am still very disappointed. I really wish everything could just be available at once. I dread the potential of having to wait years for it :'(
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I legit joined these forums just so I could screech about getting Tel Galen back on the Crown Store, and I'm not going to stop until its available again.

ZOS is a level 1 Morrowind player character & I'm the cliff racer that won't let them rest.

It seems it's available every couple of years, last time it was in the CS in summer 2021. If the trends continues, by 2023 you can stop screeching :D
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    Nyami wrote: »
    Short Mussed Wave. I came back to ESO a week after its time and I am still very disappointed. I really wish everything could just be available at once. I dread the potential of having to wait years for it :'(

Same goes for the Treasure Hunter Personality for me... I missed it by a couple of days when it made its last return.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there is no one item, but I've ended up eventually getting a few items that were at one point "must haves". Frankly we had to wait too long for most of them by the time they were released they were an anti-climax and so far after the matching content that they were damp squibs :P

The fact that items already released then get placed in a holding pattern and eternally left out of the shop is just salt to such wounds!
    Edited by Maythor on March 30, 2022 2:44PM
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    The Nix-Ox Fabricant. The brass one, not the silver one. I think it may only have appeared once, when Clockwork City was originally released. I keep hoping each year when the associated event rolls around that it might make a reappearance, but it never does.
    Molag's balls!
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Broom and basket. Was available in 2017.

Atmoran Bantam Guar. From email survey. Got it on my first acc. But not on my second main acc.

Also I need Azura huge statue, Sithis statue (both limited time offers), Vile and Peryite statues (crown crates).

I can't play often as before. So these "limited time offers" or locks in crown crates seasons not for me now.
  • Mithrandill
    Mithrandill
    Soul Shriven
    Tsaesci Motif :S It was on the crown store at March 2021. I couldn't get it back then, I've waited for a year and nothing.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@BloodyStigmata It is finally happening, at the end of this month it will return to the store for the first time in four years! I remembered this post when I saw it and was like "that person's gonna be happy" lol.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BloodyStigmata It is finally happening, at the end of this month it will return to the store for the first time in four years! I remembered this post when I saw it and was like "that person's gonna be happy" lol.

I'm already tracking.

The Ascadian Cliff Strider is also in there too. This is a good month.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am shocked nobody has mentioned "Bastion Sanguinarsis"
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, been waiting for scalecaller, others have been waiting for Wild hunt...there are people willing all the time. I get to allow "room" (hard space for currents) but ppl always want the old stuff too! The switch out between should be a bit quicker. and Maybe, Zos, give an advance notices so those that want it aren't "well shite I had this come up and I couldn't get ready for it". Like, it would make soooo much money for them, sooo many peeps that want return of old crown crates or old crown stuff and couldn't get it. Have to guess and they may not have money ready.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine used to be the Wavy Triple Braided Updo, but it finally returned!

Now, I'm waiting for the Dragonfly Wing Lashes.