The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does the pledge of Mara still require you to have the ring equipped?

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
If yes, please change it to a passive while grouped or something, my wife is considering starting ESO and the idea of getting married in the game was cool and all but the bonus XP part sounds very inconvenient, I would never give up a set slot for 10% bonus. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Sonnir
    Sonnir
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. My hubby and I are "married" in game but never use our rings because we'd lose a slot for a set. I would love for it to be confirmed as passive (like if people have the ring in their inventory) or to be made such. We could dig our rings out of the bank and enjoy our sweet exp boost when we game together if this we true or made so!
  • Monweel
    Monweel
    ✭✭✭
    Sonnir wrote: »
    I agree. My hubby and I are "married" in game but never use our rings because we'd lose a slot for a set. I would love for it to be confirmed as passive (like if people have the ring in their inventory) or to be made such. We could dig our rings out of the bank and enjoy our sweet exp boost when we game together if this we true or made so!

Or they could make it into some kind of special mythic that not only gives xp, but gives you a boost into healing (because how Mara is associated with restoration magic) or just gives more damage and/or resources when traveling together. The fact is the ring really needs something new compared to everything we have now. I'm pretty sure they don't have levels and can't even be enchanted. :'(
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreeing on that. It pretty much de-values the ring and marrying itself. It doesn't let connect role-playing with actual game-playing.

Just make the ring a cosmetic accessoire and we will also see more couples in eso again <3
  • Devonax
    Devonax
    Soul Shriven
    Let me just ask this.. If two people get married en give each other a ring IRL, then after the ceremony they go home (after the honeymoon).

Now we are a week further and they take of their rings (no reason), are they not married at that moment? Is marriage like a light switch? ring on/off is marriage on/off?

It's just weird that you have to equip a ring in order to get the marriage benefit. The ceremony at mara's shrine should be enough to let 2 people get married, then when they are grouped and together (let's say 100meters) they get the 10% exp boost.

But then again.. there are A LOT of things they designed 9 years ago that are very stupid decisions. With the biggest one being the guild stores but that for another time and another topic.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devonax wrote: »
    Let me just ask this.. If two people get married en give each other a ring IRL, then after the ceremony they go home (after the honeymoon).

Now we are a week further and they take of their rings (no reason), are they not married at that moment? Is marriage like a light switch? ring on/off is marriage on/off?

It's just weird that you have to equip a ring in order to get the marriage benefit. The ceremony at mara's shrine should be enough to let 2 people get married, then when they are grouped and together (let's say 100meters) they get the 10% exp boost.

But then again.. there are A LOT of things they designed 9 years ago that are very stupid decisions. With the biggest one being the guild stores but that for another time and another topic.

If we pick up a long stick in RL can we shoot ice or lightning from it? RL never makes sense in a fantasy game.

• Giulietta
    Giulietta
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with almost all who posted before me (last one was a bit unecessary), ring of mara / mara´s vow needs some changes.

my boyfriend and me are married ingame too, just for fun because we never used those rings- as it takes a slot for set gear. having it in the inventory, being in a group and possibly within range would be a nice solution.

also, the rarely-ever-used slot for disguise costumes (optional for some quests, for a very short time) would be perfect for it.

edited for typo
    Edited by Giulietta on June 18, 2023 2:20AM