The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Seals of Endeavor

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
1. If you're going to try to create a sense of urgency by only having certain crown crates available for a season at a time, why not just put all crown crates in eso history within the seals of endeavor system? At least we would have a specific goal in mind to which we were chasing.
2. Nearly 5-6 months of play time everyday is kinda insane for 1 radiant apex mount. While I appreciate the move in the right direction with this system, I feel like this almost pissed off people even more because of the absurd amount of time investment needed to obtain one of these mounts
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »
    1. If you're going to try to create a sense of urgency by only having certain crown crates available for a season at a time, why not just put all crown crates in eso history within the seals of endeavor system? At least we would have a specific goal in mind to which we were chasing.
    2. Nearly 5-6 months of play time everyday is kinda insane for 1 radiant apex mount. While I appreciate the move in the right direction with this system, I feel like this almost pissed off people even more because of the absurd amount of time investment needed to obtain one of these mounts

Only a traitor playing other games and not putting the time in would say something like that! =p
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »

Only a traitor playing other games and not putting the time in would say something like that! =p

:open_mouth:
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The endeavor system wasn't put in place to be player friendly. It was put in place so that all items available in crown crates are potentially earnable in game. Not that you can earn all the items, but you have a chance at any one of them over time. I suspect that was more of a legal decision than anything else.

Expecting anything player friendly out of a system never intended for that purpose is a noble thought, but likely will fall on deaf ears at ZOS.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »

You monster!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The endeavor system wasn't put in place to be player friendly. It was put in place so that all items available in crown crates are potentially earnable in game. Not that you can earn all the items, but you have a chance at any one of them over time. I suspect that was more of a legal decision than anything else.

Expecting anything player friendly out of a system never intended for that purpose is a noble thought, but likely will fall on deaf ears at ZOS.

This.

Endeavours were added because Microsoft bought Zenimax so ESO had to comply with their policy on loot boxes which says anything in them will also be obtainable in-game. That policy is also not in place to be kind to players (or even for fun) but as part of efforts to show the industry is self-regulating to discourage governments introducing or updating legislation to regulate loot boxes as a form of gambling.

Technically it's true - if something is in a loot box we can get it just by playing the game. The fact that it's not a good option because it will take a long time even for the cheapest items is by design - they still want our first choice to be buying crown crates.
    Edited by Danikat on March 23, 2022 11:20AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

This.

Endeavours were added because Microsoft bought Zenimax so ESO had to comply with their policy on loot boxes which says anything in them will also be obtainable in-game. That policy is also not in place to be kind to players (or even for fun) but as part of efforts to show the industry is self-regulating to discourage governments introducing or updating legislation to regulate loot boxes as a form of gambling.

Technically it's true - if something is in a loot box we can get it just by playing the game. The fact that it's not a good option because it will take a long time even for the cheapest items is by design - they still want our first choice to be buying crown crates.

Fair enough! Makes sense to me. Unfortunate but true