The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Shows That My Addons Are Out-Of-Date, But I Update Them?

lonegreywolf20ub17_ESO
I updated several addons today and some were updated very recently, but they are showing as out-of-date. Many are the current version of said addons.

Any way to fix this?
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore it until you get an error message.

And if you get an error message, trace down the message to the first line mentioning an addon you use and post the message there.
  • lonegreywolf20ub17_ESO
    votan73 wrote: »
    Ignore it until you get an error message.

And if you get an error message, trace down the message to the first line mentioning an addon you use and post the message there.

Okay. I'm at work now, but I didn't get any error messages till I did something, now I am though with advanced ui.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons being marked as out of date is nothing to do with whether it's the latest version of the addon (the game has no way of knowing that) or even whether it works. All addons have to include a line which says which version of the game they're for and if that doesn't match the current version of the game it shows as out of date.

If you check addon change logs in Minion or on ESOUI you'll often see updates which just say 'Updated API version' 'API bump' or something similar and that means all they did was change that line so the game knows it's current.

All of which means it doesn't matter if addons are marked as out of date or not because a lot of the time updates to the game don't affect that addon. If a game update does affect it you'll know because it won't work properly and might throw up error messages.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"