The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is your prefered size for houses?

Lady_Galadhiel
Lady_Galadhiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Some people love inn rooms to fit just some basics while others love to have huge houses with lots of land and lovely gardens.
For my taste the big Manors give the most space to decorate yet we could do with more furnishing slots, but medium size homes are more handy if I just want to do some crafting or quickly get to some storage chest.
However, I love decorating homes (when I actually have time for it >.< ) so my vote goes for manors (ZOS we need more furniture slots please :) )

What about you?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 21, 2022 9:51PM
Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
ESO plus status: Cancelled
ESO currently uninstalled.

What is your prefered size for houses? 89 votes

Inn Rooms (such as Mara's Kiss,Saint Delyn,etc...)
4%
IngenonjoergingerLostHorizon1933Snamyap 4 votes
Apartments (Barbed Hook Private Room,Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret,Sisters of the Sands Apartment)
2%
AcadianPaladinmaximusrex45 2 votes
Small houses (such as Black Vine Villa,Kragenhome,Twin Arches,etc...)
6%
newtinmplsRainchaser KadzraEchoesofThunderKMarbleElvenOverlord 6 votes
Medium houses (such as Cliffshade,Sleek Creek House,Grymharth's Woe,Domus Phrasticus,etc...)
38%
chuck-18_ESOtheboz1419_ESODioratohopka_esoLonePirateDanikatQuietPanda_22guulLonestryderSilverBridedeleted221205-002626SengraArchMikemAthymhormiaLadyHeloiseGiantFruitFlyScallanTommy_The_GunanadandySilverIce58 34 votes
Large houses (such as Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery,Alinor Crest Townhouse,Proudspire Manor,etc...)
19%
alenae1b14_ESOAthanasia_NocnitsahondelinkTannus15UlvichGorbazzurkMartoCadburyWernaertLindseyEl_BorrachoTaggundrauyranFluffWitSkaraMinocsaarKirawolfe 17 votes
Manors ( all 350/700 slot homes such as Hall of the Lunar Champion,Ebonheart Chateau,Grand Psijic Villa,Tel Galen,etc...)
29%
averyfarmanb14_ESOproprio.meb16_ESOLauranaeEnemy-of-ColdharbourRagnarok0130LumsdenmlVevvevVaohTheImperfectMolydeusajm1946Seminolegirl1992Hroltharredlink1979katanagirl1AscarlseecodenotgamesMageCatF4FWabanakiWarriorEccentric_Vampire 26 votes
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manors ( all 350/700 slot homes such as Hall of the Lunar Champion,Ebonheart Chateau,Grand Psijic Villa,Tel Galen,etc...)
    Highest furniture cap possible, but typically in a confined enough space where 700 items full fleshes out a place. Get too big and the place feels baren.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Highest furniture cap possible, but typically in a confined enough space where 700 items full fleshes out a place. Get too big and the place feels baren.

Sometimes I find the 300/600 slot homes to be actually the best choice,but at the same time I have trouble to fit 600 items in houses like the alinor townhouse...
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium houses (such as Cliffshade,Sleek Creek House,Grymharth's Woe,Domus Phrasticus,etc...)
    if i could vote on two its mainly small and medium. i do like the antiquarian house mainly due to the looks of it and it feels more homely like the one i built in Skyrim.

the manors are just so mind numbing big I wouldnt know where to begin on one.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Sometimes I find the 300/600 slot homes to be actually the best choice,but at the same time I have trouble to fit 600 items in houses like the alinor townhouse...

I fully furnished my Gardner home and if I could put 100 more items in it I would, lol. I wanted to fully build out my garden and add a fence around it, but in order to do that I'd have to strip the impressive interior. Upstairs feels to spacious already and it bugs me sometimes :neutral:
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Large houses (such as Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery,Alinor Crest Townhouse,Proudspire Manor,etc...)
    I prefer the large house to the manor simply because the lighting in the manors is almost always super dark. To the point you have to make it look like a "Lamps Are Us" retailer just to be able to see the decor
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enough slots to make it nice
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Small houses (such as Black Vine Villa,Kragenhome,Twin Arches,etc...)
    I don't want or need a ton of space, but I really really really want "yards"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • LostHorizon1933
    LostHorizon1933
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to live in taverns. I’m not really a decorator, but each little room can be thought of as a room in one gigantic mansion, connected by teleport, with front doors that lead to almost every region.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just care about how close it is to a wayshrine. Sugar Bowl Suite ftw.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there were homes that had much higher item caps so I could build cities.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

snugpod lol

for myself, i dont really do much house decorating, but some of the furnishing limits are too low (110 collectible furnishings, there are more than 110 undaunted wall mounts/busts, not including stuff like the armory table which takes up one of these slots too) (its not mentioned much but this furnishing limit is separate from the primary 700 normal furnishing slots)
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on March 21, 2022 8:51PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

snugpod lol

for myself, i dont really do much house decorating, but some of the furnishing limits are too low (110 collectible furnishings, there are more than 110 undaunted wall mounts/busts, not including stuff like the armory table which takes up one of these slots too) (its not mentioned much but this furnishing limit is separate from the primary 700 normal furnishing slots)

Indeed they are way too low, same as special collectibles which includes, mounts, pets and houseguests.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like several of the small, medium and large houses but overall I think there's more medium houses I like than anything else. Also Mournoth Keep is still my favourite overall. If I wasn't using 1/2 the slots for books I think I could make it look amazing and even with that I like it, there's just some areas which aren't as details as I'd like.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

snugpod lol

Indeed they are way too low, same as special collectibles which includes, mounts, pets and houseguests.

mounts/pets/houseguests i think are kind of a special case anyway because they are both animated and can be pathed to move around, so they require a lot of extra processing

but for the other collectible furnishings, most of those are purely decorative or require interaction to have any function at all, and this number should at minimum be doubled so we can actually use collectibles instead of choosing to display undaunted trophies vs other collectibles like the ones you get from museum quests
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the biggest ones because they tend to have outdoor areas big enough to build tree filled gardens and whole structures on. Generally I don't like the indoor spaces because you can't see through the windows and they mostly feel much too dark. It feels claustrophobic and like living in a basement to me.

That said, without a portal function (that doesn't look all glowy and magical) some of the notable homes are now far, far too big. For instance, the Ayleid ruin in the Gold Coast i would love to have, but I would decorate only the outdoor space at the top. Since to get to it is a good 2-3 minutes from the door and there is no portal function, that would feel silly so I won't buy it.

I would really like to see some sort of placeable entrance that you can set as the entrance for the house when you click on the map.
    Edited by Northwold on March 21, 2022 9:19PM
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Bigger the better for me, that is my preference!! I just turned Sugar Meadows into a large Boreal forest with 500+ pine trees...reminds me of summers I spent in northern Ontario, Canada.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PDarkBHood wrote: »
    Bigger the better for me, that is my preference!! I just turned Sugar Meadows into a large Boreal forest with 500+ pine trees...reminds me of summers I spent in northern Ontario, Canada.

Ooh, I wanna see.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, if they would just double the slots to 1400, I would really be happy and buy more homes.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to vote for medium size even though I like apartments more. But as it stands, there are only 3 apartments to choose from and the Skywatch room is the size of smaller inn rooms, it just has a bigger furnishing limit. Medium houses usually offer only slightly more interior space than small/apartment ones but they come with a significantly higher build limit. If I ignore the landscaping, which I'm not a fan of, that leaves me with better interior decorating opportunities.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need the highest furniture cap, and preferably a large open area so I can build a fancy place from scratch.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium size houses usually have best internal size - to furniture limit ratio. General rule for me is that I like every house that has a reasonable furnishing slots vs size ratio (non eso+, default limit). There are for example some larger houses (like Elsweyr house) that allows to easily section-off certain parts of the house, so you are left with an excellent internal size - to - furniture limit ratio.

Side note: paid crown store houses that still require eso+ to have increased furniture limit is pure evil & greed. I mean it is already a premium product that is way too expensive lol... but no, no, it is not premium enough lol :D
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 22, 2022 2:45PM
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the inn room for each new area. That way, when I am doing the quests in that new area, I have a convenient place to fast travel.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inn house, with the slots of a small house
    Small house, with the slots of a medium house
    Medium house with the slots of a large house

You get the picture. I like decorating houses when I have plenty of slots to feel like the rooms are properly full. So I don't buy the extra large houses, ever.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all the various sizes available. In particular I like manors and medium/large homes but all sizes are fun to decorate in my opinion.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The manor size houses are the ones with the best atmosphere/environment, not quite sure what to call it. I have more of these than smaller houses because the design of each appeals to me.

I would also like more unique smaller houses though, there just aren’t many that really stand out in my opinion.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have voted for small, too. It’s more the space to slots ratio that matters. If you can reasonably fill the home, it will work. If it is too big for the furnishing cap, it fails.

Where is the choice for medium house with manor furniture cap?