The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NERF thread… Cloak

xPoisin
xPoisin
✭✭✭
Hello there, yes this is another NERF thread…
Please ZOS give us at least a chance to fight such a broken class… Give cloak a colldown and make DoTs broke the cloak…
Nightblades are such a overpowered class with cloak that is broken (today we have had fight with NB that just cloaked through 6 or 7 AoEs ).
Also the neverending stun from broken surprise attack with zero CC/stun immunity…

It is broken that my MagDK cannot use half of skills in BGsor Cyro, my gaplcosers do not work on my stam toons, I can handle a templar but not without basic skills working… I have no issues with other classes but those mindless cloaking freaks that are deathmatching only should have some limitations…
From my point of view, give cloak a 4 secs cooldown, repair the broken surprise attack stun from flank (cause there is no stun or CC immunity applied) and please bring back DoT breaking the cloak…

PS: yeah, I got 3 nightblades which Inuse to hunt down other nightblades and I know how broken this class is when played well…
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF you are playing a MagDK and are having difficulties with Nightblades may I politely suggest its not the Nightblades fault.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I mostly play templar healer or magden healer, so I have the clear view on what is going on during fights 😁
    And yes, I am the preffered target for NBs sniping and cloaking or cloaking and neverendingly stunning me in place with full stamina bar without chance to break free…
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lethal Arrow when it hits breaks cloak
    Any DoT applied by a NB breaks cloak
    NPCs break cloak
    Mudcrabs break cloak

The defense rests
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    I suspended my magdk toon I played for almost 6 years for now that skills are not working most of the time… I am not the top tier player but in no cp cyro I ended in top 100 almost always (in the last 20-30 places but still there )…
    I started to level up new toons and I see in low lvl BGs and in regullar BGs so many NBs that are just ruining the experience from fights… It is a nice game when no NB is in queue, when Dks are trying to counter templars, templars are countering necros and wardens and pet sorcs are running away 😂
    Such a fights are so nice to watch and everybody is fine even if they loose, because no sneaky creature is striking them from shadows after they finish off the oponnent and have last 20% health with fast zero resources, or sniping them from platform because that is the place where they are safe from direct fight.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Lethal Arrow when it hits breaks cloak
    Any DoT applied by a NB breaks cloak
    NPCs break cloak
    Mudcrabs break cloak

The defense rests

Nope, only DOT that breaks cloak is sorcs haunting curse with delayed damage… Only new AoEs damage ticks can break cloak… I played a Dk stam and mag and have seen NBs cloaking with 3-5 DoTs ticking on them…
    A long time ago DoTs were breaking NBs cloak but nowadays it is not true… Also the AoE damage is bugged according to last two patches as you can see NBs cloaking through cloaking through AoE (caltrops, wall of element, ritual of retribution, etc.)…
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    [snip]

yes or no, I was just too much frustrated from nightblades 🤪🤪🤪

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 22, 2022 12:01PM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NB that hits YOU with lethal arrow snipe will be pulled out of cloak each time the poison status effect ticks. Any DoT the NB hits YOU with will break cloak.

If you remove cloak from a NB what should they get instead? Consider the major buffs your DK has as passives
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    The NB that hits YOU with lethal arrow snipe will be pulled out of cloak each time the poison status effect ticks. Any DoT the NB hits YOU with will break cloak.

If you remove cloak from a NB what should they get instead? Consider the major buffs your DK has as passives

Ok, I was talking about DoTs that are apllied on the NB and that these DoTs do not break the cloak…
    Cloaking with vamp stage 3 gives you additional spell and weapon dmg bonus and NBs can use this buff endlessly — I knew cause I play a NB toon…
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stage 2 vampire with the Strike from the Shadows passive gives you 300 spell or weapon damage, when you leave sneak, mistform or invisibilty. These skills are not exclusively NB skills and can be used by all classes.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Stage 2 vampire with the Strike from the Shadows passive gives you 300 spell or weapon damage, when you leave sneak, mistform or invisibilty. These skills are not exclusively NB skills and can be used by all classes.

Have you ever tried to enter sneak in the middle of battle ? NB just cloaks and got it, all other classes can pop a potion (once a 45 second) or nothing… So 300 spell dmg plus all bonuses from sneak attack (cause cloak gives them) anytime NB wants…
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xPoisin wrote: »

Have you ever tried to enter sneak in the middle of battle ? NB just cloaks and got it, all other classes can pop a potion (once a 45 second) or nothing… So 300 spell dmg plus all bonuses from sneak attack (cause cloak gives them) anytime NB wants…

It works with mist form.

NBs are fine.

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magDKs have multiple skills that wreck NBs, as well as multiple buffs and passives that make them significantly hard to kill. They the strongest spec right now and for the foreseeable future. If you are dying easy to one NB then your build is off.

Plus there are multiple open class skills to can run to specifically counter them. Radiant mage light stops you from being CCd from stealth. Revealing Flares stuns NBs and gives major protection.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any DoT the NB hits YOU with will break cloak.

Not true. Only direct damage hits break the cloak, DoT damage (dark yellow numbers) don't break the cloak.
    Now some dots in the game still do break cloak, but not a lot. Notable: DW blade cloak, Meteor AoE DoT.

It was changed in the same patch where cloak got reworked and anti-stealth tools got a range buff and a tick rate buff.

OP, if you want to kill NBs, use anti-NB tools.

If you want EZ slaughter, use pots. They are overpowered.

Use detection skills with radius around you, use them preemprively. You can cast them BEFORE enemy cloaks if you know that you fight NB. You can cast them and sprint into NB if you know his location to strike first.

Lastly, you can just attack with AoE direct damage skills, they break cloak too, but good NBs will be able to time the cloak straight after you land a hit. Since DKs fire/poison AoE snares, you have a good chance to hit more and more in a rapid succession.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekrypted wrote: »
    Being forced to use a potion when a nightblade can just stun you and kite until they can safely cloak

If your opponent can't kill you in 15s of you being left without cloak, it's totally on your opponent.

Cost of revealing skill is higher because it completely shuts down cloak for the entire duration (+ duration of reveal), not just once. If the cost would be too low people would be able to run around spamming it casually, instead of having awareness and using it when you noticed NB.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    My question is why the cloak does not have a cooldown ?
    I am using pots but you cannot fight enemy (enemies mostly) and watch around for sneaky night lade that is only waiting to finish target that left…
    I do not want to run broken MalcolM’s cyro angler build…
    As I said, I like to fight NBs brawlers because they are tough and quick, but those ganking builds and mostly the players that are ganking the rest of players after fight is wrong…

Sorcs have timeout or increased cost on streak, DKs and templars and also all other classes have CC or stun imunity, so nightblade should have at least the same setup for cloak as sorcs for streak…
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is infinite NB cloak spam really worse than infinite Templar heal spam or whatever? There are so many abilities being spammed indefinitely when they really shouldn't be. Sustain is a joke. If anything at this point I kinda wish my stamsorc could spam infinite Streak just to match the rest of the broken stuff.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    snip

you can COMPLETELY negate the usage of cloak with

-multiple dedicated skills dedicated SOLELY to completely nullify stealth that includes passive benefits
    -literally any AoE including spammables, executes and class burst skills
    -potions with also other benefits

which one of those can negate the use of streak, again? Suppression Field? "bro just use medium armor/wild hunt/2 sources of expedition, any build can afford that!"

boy, if you think that's difficult just wait til you meet a nightblade who can properly use shade teleporting

• xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

this sounds like a NB that is using cloak as major skill :)
    10 mins ago we made a match in BGs where 2 nightblades were cloaking in 6 AoEs between three DKs spamming volatile armor and breathing fire and poison and NBs just cloak through…

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 22, 2022 12:02PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF you are playing a MagDK and are having difficulties with Nightblades may I politely suggest its not the Nightblades fault.

^ This

Nightblades are delicious, OP, have you tried using Engulfing Flames, Inner Light, Enhale, Eruption, or any other direct damage AoE attack/Reveal ability yet?

I'd recommend building 27-32+k HP, 20% and higher resistances, and changing out Leap for Dawnbreaker in Imperial City and Battlegrounds. In Cyrodiil Leap works just fine once you get it to cast, and there is a method to get Leap working in the Imperial City but I find it too much of a hassle with the zone changing required.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we have it so that everyone has only the same skills and passives available in pvp to make it fair. Oh and that no one wears any armour and use the same weapons. When everyone have the exact same skills and the same stats theres finally no need for nerf threads.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Nightblades are delicious, OP, have you tried using Engulfing Flames, Inner Light, Enhale, Eruption, or any other direct damage AoE attack/Reveal ability yet?

I'd recommend building 27-32+k HP, 20% and higher resistances, and changing out Leap for Dawnbreaker in Imperial City and Battlegrounds. In Cyrodiil Leap works just fine once you get it to cast, and there is a method to get Leap working in the Imperial City but I find it too much of a hassle with the zone changing required.

For my DKs I use most of the listed, got 32-34k health… the same on other classes and toons…

The issue is that people playin NBs are mostly sneakers that attacks only targets that are clear kill, so when I left alone and two or three NBs are tryin finish, they never fight each other after killing me, they just cloak away…
  • noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    I wish cloak had a longer duration
    noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    noobfury wrote: »
    I wish cloak had a longer duration

It used to be 4 seconds. It's been nerfed many times.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good NB with shade/cloak can be extremely hard to kill. But otherwise they are usually squishy.

But if you are forcing a NB to cloak a lot in your fights, then you aren't losing that fight. When NB cloaks, eg, you get resources, or you can block and mitigate the stun from cloak.

If you are 30k or above NB should not be able to gank you, if you are 35k it is even harder.

Zoal makes it almost impossible to be ganked

NB is fine
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    doesn't Radiant Magelight stop stun while slotted from sneak, or activating it reveal them and stop them going cloak
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    you should have at minimum one revealing spell on your bars anyway. Use them.

magelight
    camouflaged hunter
    revealing flare

Normally you have one of those skills on your bar just for the passiv effect. The detection potion is only used when you really want to hunt a NB.
    Other than that, just don´t be stupid. Don´t stand around watching at the map or in your inventory while your out in the open.
    Don´t run in straight lines.
    Always move.
    Have more than 20k health and 20k resist...

Doing all this will reduce your deaths vs NBs by 80%.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    also dodge right after break free. Now you´re at 90% less deaths vs NBs.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    and don´t run divines. impen still has it´s use.

Running divines means your accept to be a glass canon and you accept to die fast.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    HA. Nerf cloak, funniest thing I've read all day.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It cost more to reveal a nightblade than a nightblade using cloak comparing an escape skill like Streak. There is no reason for a nb to be just perma cloaking in the fight just like there is no reason for a sorc to be perma streaking in a fight. Sorcs can streak for days depending on how they build, but there is atleast some sort of cost increase attached to that.

Subsequent streaks increase distance more and more to the point where it is impossible to target you with anything at all.
    Subsequent cloaks when player hits you with AoEs means you are dying.