The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing Portals - A way to link our houses together

festegios
festegios
✭✭✭
Unsure if it’s ever been discussed or not but:

I’d happily pay for a portal/door/system that lets me link houses together: a lot of us have multiple house but can only make use of one at a time for others to enjoy/use.

Simple premise: buy or craft portal: place in house assign it to one of your other properties and now people can step through.

I’d love the ability to have my guild house with crafting stations linked to my house with a dual arena and to another with combat dummies etc.

Shouldn’t be too complicated an addition.

I’m sure there could be ways to implement this better than the above. I just want to make use of the different houses I’ve paid a significant amount of crowns for.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    If you can use mods, Essential Housing Tools has this sort of portal feature. I have my main house with a basic "portal area" connected to my older main house, overflow "store" and garden house via these in house portals, and portals in each of those back to my main house.

I find it adds a lot of roll-play immersion even though it acts just like the in game map teleport, just without opening the map menu.

I would be happy for legit in-game furniture portals, but at least with the mod it doesn't take up furniture slots.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On top of this, I'd like just decorative portals that looks like the normal mage and oblivion portals we see in game.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    If you can use mods, Essential Housing Tools has this sort of portal feature. I have my main house with a basic "portal area" connected to my older main house, overflow "store" and garden house via these in house portals, and portals in each of those back to my main house.

I find it adds a lot of roll-play immersion even though it acts just like the in game map teleport, just without opening the map menu.

I would be happy for legit in-game furniture portals, but at least with the mod it doesn't take up furniture slots.

Console peasant sadly. I can personally access any of my houses that I want. Doesn’t solve my main issue that others can’t
  • Fiyero
    Fiyero
    Soul Shriven
    If you can use mods, Essential Housing Tools has this sort of portal feature.

Sorry for the reply on an old thread. Am I correct that visitors without the add on will not be able to use my portals?

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that’s correct. Only people using EHT can see and use the portals.