The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can hammer not spawn behind the faction zerging the map?

Kordai
Kordai
✭✭✭
I'm not even sure who in their right mind would think it's a good idea.

"This faction seems to be outnumbering the other 2 significantly..."

"Hmmm... maybe... yes I've got it! We add a mechanic that allows them to take keeps 10 times faster, while also giving a boatload of zerg surfing potential!"

"Brilliant! And maybe we will allow it to respawn in areas they control so that they could have a great chance of getting it instead of forcing them to zerg keeps without it where the smaller number of defenders might have a chance!"

"Amazing! And when they have everything they can then gate camp the other factions making sure to kill all pvp for an hour or so at least!"

"Yes! We've successfully kill- I mean saved pvp!"
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never did understand how painting the entire map one color in 10 minutes was supposed to be "chaos."
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't really matter where it spawns if one faction is zerging the whole map. They'll get it anyway.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the thing, it's such a broken mechanic that adds absolutely nothing of value to the game except for lag and encourages cheating.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    Just remove the thing, it's such a broken mechanic that adds absolutely nothing of value to the game except for lag and encourages cheating.
    Agree on the first part, but high pop zerg stomping the other factions until they quit isn't "cheating" per se. Most of the things that feel like "cheating" in this game are (legally) abusing busted mechanics like the hammer.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it randonly spawns it usually end in the hands of the most populated faction. Its novelty moment has long faded. Very unnecessary tool that helps none but the strong faction.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree on the first part, but high pop zerg stomping the other factions until they quit isn't "cheating" per se. Most of the things that feel like "cheating" in this game are (legally) abusing busted mechanics like the hammer.

I was more referring to the cheating where people will purposely drop the hammer to another alliance for gold. It's sadly talked about quite a bit and isn't really a secret anymore either
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was more referring to the cheating where people will purposely drop the hammer to another alliance for gold. It's sadly talked about quite a bit and isn't really a secret anymore either
    Have you seen gold mat prices lately? Who can blame them...
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i feel like if it stays it needs to go away after 1-2 keeps max flip (regardless of by whom or where) as currently its just used to get emp and then disappear, then that faction just turtles. . .
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hammer, like mudcrabs, is an abomination and should be blasted into outer space between the moons. If it has to stay it should go "poof" in a large cloud of brown smoke the first time the holder drops it or if his/her pixels die.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in last night and the hammer was running. It showed up white on the map, mind you; so while it was moving I at first had no idea by whom. Not that it mattered as both AD and EP were at DC trikeeps so even if it were DC, it probably wouldn't be for long.

And the lag was the worst I have seen. You might be able to buff up before a fight but as soon as you made contact with any 1 of the 3 faction stacks; you were left mashing 1 button at a time for several seconds and it still not going off. Once the hammer disappeared, the lag slowly started to get better. Obviously, not perfect as we are talking ESO after all; but decidedly so an hour after the hammer as the stacking it encouraged slowly dissolved.

I really hate the hammer.