The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a way to turn off: So-and-So has Logged On, So-and-So has Logged Off

moleculardrugs
moleculardrugs
✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to turn off this feature? I know there was when I had a PC and used addons, however I use Google Stadia now.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 18, 2022 1:39AM
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without using addons?
    Without removing all friends from the friend list?

There is no built-in way to turn off that feature.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. It is not possible to even refine your chat box to hide 'system' chat (which those notifications are).

I considered addons but rejected the idea since half my problem is not wanting to see log on/off traffic of friends but the other half is I don't want to 'push' my own log on/off out for public consumption. I don't want to run 'offline' since there are aspects to that I don't like either. Ultimately, my solution was to take my friends list to zero which is where I maintain it. This has worked wonderfully. I explained my reasoning to those in the two small guilds I belong to and have no problem checking the guild roster if I want to see who's in game.

This, in combination to adjusting my chat box to normally hide 'zone' chat keeps my chat box nice and unobtrusive. Yet I can still get whispers, guild chat, say and yell.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the default base chat tab has system enabled by default and cannot be removed

you might be able to toggle that by creating another chat tab and only enabling the channels you want (i have not tested this as ive never felt a reason to make another chat tab lol)

they should probably add some kind of option to the "social" options to enable or disable those since it goes through system messages (then it would be on each users preference)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you might be able to toggle that by creating another chat tab and only enabling the channels you want (i have not tested this as ive never felt a reason to make another chat tab lol)

Not doable without addons. log-on and log-off messages are "system" channel messages. You can't disable system channel in base game, you need pChat addon for that.