The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gloambound Weapons issue

Scallan
Scallan
✭✭✭✭
Apparently if you use abilities that imbue your weapons with special effects (like Merciless Resolve) the effects stay on even when the weapons are sheathed.

So instead of showing nothing, you will have weapon effects floating off your body.
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! Love this.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    here's a picture of merciless resolve in case anyone wants to see it. Using gloambound dagger and shield

EK0Oizk.png

I still really really really love the arms pack. Hopefully they can fix this
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but unfortunate for some classes, minor thing but hope it will be fixed somehow (not looking too easy, idk)
  • Azphel
    Azphel
    ✭✭✭
    Gloambound staff is even worse.

Y5yTwFm.png

It's easy to remove and re-slot these abilities with an addon, but a weapon pack shouldn't require workarounds.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some also have positioning issues like swords are going through the grip and in first person aren't even attached to it, shield is too far away out of hand etc.

@ZOS_Kevin
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this issue myself, hopefully they solve it given this thing did cost real money.
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I came to post my concern. This includes my Molten Armaments which is leaving some floating flames over my shoulder when the weapon is stowed. Maybe ability effects could be turned off when this weapon is equipped?
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    In the meantime I'm swapping to Igneous Weapons which does not have a bug (which won't impact me much)
  • Azphel
    Azphel
    ✭✭✭
    I think a month is enough time to come up with an official response?
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm the same issue with my DK.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    this is one way to make\provoke this (visual) bug

1. You need outfit in weapons
    2. Both weapons have to be sloted (NOT in hand)
    2. type: /offerweapon
    3. when char kneel, press and keep block (right mouse butom)+ foward (move char foward)
    4. This visual bug will happen everytime i make this

Edited by blue_peaceful_Manticore on April 16, 2022 4:11PM
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's also an issue with the shield.

Sometimes it'll just disappear. Your character will walk around like they're still carrying it, but it'll be invisible. Not sure what causes it, exactly.
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, this bug has been in the game how long now? I just got this set and am rather annoyed to see the staff and shield vanish completely. It's high time this is fixed.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even worse now with ever persisting merciless for NB.

@ZOS_Kevin can we have an update if it's even in work?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even worse now with ever persisting merciless for NB.

@ZOS_Kevin can we have an update if it's even in work?

Kevin responded in another thread on the persistent Merciless glow and said it's 'working as intended'. I personally hate it, and if I ever run a NB again, I'll just have to use an addon that swaps skills, so after combat I can remove Merciless because of that annoying 'permaglow' that way too bright and looks really dumb on "hidden" weapons like Gloambound.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, almost 2 years later and it's still not fixed? There is no way that can be looked at as "intended" (not on gloambound).

Surely this can be fixed with little effort/resource allocation.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA