The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Enable riding mount in estate outdoors

Ajaxandriel
Ajaxandriel
✭✭✭✭✭
Just why not?
It's painful to run everywhere...

Should be added as a toggle option "Rider" like Visitor or Decorator though.
TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • lizardman
    lizardman
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree, not being able to mount in a home is a complete failure. The whole point is freedom to create and do, yet that is a major flaw in that theory.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would also be nice to have the actual companions in a house too, so you could test them using the combat dummies

it would be a great way to iron out their attack chains
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lizardman wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, not being able to mount in a home is a complete failure. The whole point is freedom to create and do, yet that is a major flaw in that theory.

On a similar note, generally you can’t mount inside a delve, even if the delve has outside areas as opposed to underground ones. I did notice recently that you can mount in the Lion’s Den in The Rift.

It makes me wonder what constraints prevent you from riding a mount then.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On a similar note, generally you can’t mount inside a delve, even if the delve has outside areas as opposed to underground ones. I did notice recently that you can mount in the Lion’s Den in The Rift.

for stuff like delves i think its due to the physical space around the character, there are times ive been kicked off my mount running through an archway in some overland areas (not inside of a delve or anything), but this behavior is not consistent

i think it disallows it in houses because you can use the mounts as placeable objects, and it fully disables using them (like mementos in a pvp zone), it doesnt technically disable your mount/pet menu entirely in a delve, it just fails to mount unless your in a large enough area (such as the lions den as mentioned, i think there are a few other places that allow mounts but again very inconsistent)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

for stuff like delves i think its due to the physical space around the character, there are times ive been kicked off my mount running through an archway in some overland areas (not inside of a delve or anything), but this behavior is not consistent

i think it disallows it in houses because you can use the mounts as placeable objects, and it fully disables using them (like mementos in a pvp zone), it doesnt technically disable your mount/pet menu entirely in a delve, it just fails to mount unless your in a large enough area (such as the lions den as mentioned, i think there are a few other places that allow mounts but again very inconsistent)

Ah I never thought about the mount as placeable object in a house, I don’t normally do that but it makes sense. It would be difficult if not impossible to have it both ways.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA