The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

We keep getting more house Items; and no place to put them! Why!?

Setheroth
Setheroth
✭✭
I have maxed everything, have the biggest house, but have no space to put new things, yet you keep giving us more; I have no where to put it, give us unlimited house space already!! Let me hoard my house items, what is taking you devs so long?

Or at least more bag space, do something already! I've been waiting on this forever, it makes me want to quit! If I can't have good PVP at least give us great PVE let us really decorate our houses.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Setheroth wrote: »
    I have maxed everything, have the biggest house, but have no space to put new things, yet you keep giving us more; I have no where to put it, give us unlimited house space already!! Let me hoard my house items, what is taking you devs so long?

Or at least more bag space, do something already! I've been waiting on this forever, it makes me want to quit! If I can't have good PVP at least give us great PVE let us really decorate our houses.

Not going to happen. And I think I know why.

See, the game is expanding. With every DLC, every new chapter, it gets ever bigger and demands ever more storage and bandwidth. Lots of new sets, new designs, new models etc. But because MS doesn't want to invest more in ZOS (or ESO specifically) than they already have, we won't see more computing power alloted to the game. Therefor, to make room for new stuff, old stuff has to go, hence AwA being handled as it was. If our houses got more space, it would mean more data storage needed per house - and that is even without the new houses that are coming with the new chapter. So increases in housing space just cannot be done. However, the money must still come in - wages have to be payed, bills and rent payed, and also profit needed for the companies, so the selling part cannot stop. Ergo, more new furniture, but no new space to put them (unless you buy more new houses).

My guess at least.
  • Setheroth
    Setheroth
    ✭✭

See, the game is expanding. With every DLC, every new chapter, it gets ever bigger and demands ever more storage and bandwidth. Lots of new sets, new designs, new models etc. But because MS doesn't want to invest more in ZOS (or ESO specifically) than they already have, we won't see more computing power alloted to the game. Therefor, to make room for new stuff, old stuff has to go, hence AwA being handled as it was. If our houses got more space, it would mean more data storage needed per house - and that is even without the new houses that are coming with the new chapter. So increases in housing space just cannot be done. However, the money must still come in - wages have to be payed, bills and rent payed, and also profit needed for the companies, so the selling part cannot stop. Ergo, more new furniture, but no new space to put them (unless you buy more new houses).

My guess at least.

If this is so, sadly it really will make me quit the game. I love hoarding too much.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d6NQpbP.gif

It's impossible to have unlimited slots. They have mentioned and even stickied a post about how they can't even increase the slots, so definitely not unlimited. Get another house to put things in if you need to put everything you find and get into a house.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • kirstie20plus
    kirstie20plus
    ✭✭
    We can always use the inn rooms or other homes to make as our storage unit as such :) I plan on using an old house for this, make it kinda eclectic type thing, make each room a theme (shelves/chairs etc) so I can come find stuff.

A personal private furniture shop, if you will :)

Least we have that option to put them somewhere, its not all stuck in banks and storage boxes.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is also, we keep getting new mounts but we only have one hinny.
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    I

Edit: cut a lot of text out to just answer towards one point

However, the money must still come in - wages have to be payed, bills and rent payed, and also profit needed for the companies, so the selling part cannot stop. Ergo, more new furniture, but no new space to put them (unless you buy more new houses).

My guess at least.

If it’s down to a money thing to pay for servers then let me buy eso ++€$¥ where I can place 1500 items in my house, I’ll even pay %50 extra or whatever compared to current eso+

It’s what currently puts me off housing, I’ve got some of the big ones that have multiple buildings yet often I can only fully make use of one build or just a part of the house
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    festegios wrote: »
    I

Edit: cut a lot of text out to just answer towards one point

However, the money must still come in - wages have to be payed, bills and rent payed, and also profit needed for the companies, so the selling part cannot stop. Ergo, more new furniture, but no new space to put them (unless you buy more new houses).

My guess at least.

If it’s down to a money thing to pay for servers then let me buy eso ++€$¥ where I can place 1500 items in my house, I’ll even pay %50 extra or whatever compared to current eso+

It’s what currently puts me off housing, I’ve got some of the big ones that have multiple buildings yet often I can only fully make use of one build or just a part of the house

I feel you mate. I feel the same way. I got the Thieves Valley (or somesuch, big house) and tried to make it into a small town. Went better than I thought, but it could certainly use more people, if nothing else. :p