Stuck at quest "A discreet pickup": Cannot pick up the last item

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
HELP!

How do I pick up the last item? The item is shown at the screen, but I cannot pick it up. :(

neGBd40.jpg

Thank you for your help!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 15, 2022 1:46AM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be standing just right and looking down at just the right angle. It can be hard to get this item because of how it is underneath the shelf.
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A thought. It might be easier to pick up in first person. I haven’t tried that yet.
    Options
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    I already tried 1st person. Same result.
    Options
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    JA1rr8V.png

Others have the same issue.
    Options
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same. Somehow managed to pixelhunt it with one character, but stuck with another. Had to drop the quest
    P.s. Done it with another character and rather quickly. Maked a screenshot, and went to third character. Spend around 5 min trying to find the location, but all I saw was just a flash of interaction button that was disppearing quicker then I was able press it :(
    Edited by Ratinira on March 15, 2022 4:49PM
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had similar issue yesterday. I ended up cancelling the quest, hoping that the game will give me different one. But I ended up with same quest. I immediately went for this "not working" Item. It turns out it is just pixel hunting game now. You have to stand further away, like 1 or 1.5 meter away, slightly at an angle, from the side where there is less stuff on the ground. 1st person view may help too.

Something is definitely off, as I don't remember this quest to be that "hard" when it comes to interacting with items. I have seen other players having same issue, as they were standing there for quite a while.
    Options
  • Mallow
    Mallow
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] as I was unable to complete this quest today, although another player showed me exactly where she stood (crouched, actually) and she was able to get it. I was not able to click it from any distance, even zoomed in first person.

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 20, 2022 6:42PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for noting this. Currently, it is still accessible, but the margin to access is very small.

We have passed this on to the dev team to make this easier to access. We'll work to have this ready for the next incremental patch. Thanks, all.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is definitely a new bug in U33. This pickup spot used to be fine - not always accessible first time, but easy enough. Now it's a super challenge. Relogging etc. doesn't help - you have to find the exact right spot from which to pick up the drop.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i felt this was a problem before U33 as well, i only did the quest once but i do remember having a hard time with it even at deadlands/U32 launch

glad to know its getting looked at
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Stand back further, you can get it without being in 1st person of sneaking, but the hit box is very small to grab it, so slowly go over the area where the box is till it comes up.
    Edited by aussie500 on March 17, 2022 11:34PM
    Options
  • TexanTinkerbell
    Are you guys unable to do a breakfix? Some of this stuff is simple fixes. Like a couple of the stairs in Hollow City...you have to jump over first step to chapel. Not sure why these little things take so long to repair.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back to doing these dailies now for structural plans. I don’t remember a problem before but it’s really tough to interact with that box now, even in first person.

Strangely enough, another player came up as I was struggling and just hit it and was done. It took me 2-3 minutes to find the right spot.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • SpeedyBoop
    SpeedyBoop
    Soul Shriven
    This is still a problem as of now didnt realize it takes this long to fix a single item on a single quest can only imagine how hard it must be for such a team to tackle the bigger problems in the game explains alot
    Options
  • Higuchi
    Higuchi
    ✭✭
    Same problem! the shipment item (see the screenshots), 1 of the three, cannot be picked up. NO matter how many times or positions i have tried... It is under the bench (shelf?), unreachable!

i keep dropping this daily because it's a pain! Please, fix, dear Devs!
    2l25gcm2s5uu.jpg
    cc93axkpnlcg.jpg
    NA Server 📚 MacOS 🐾
    Naofumí The Arcanist / Goellean (gameID: @Alien.101)
    Options
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried for 10 minutes and could not get this item and so I dropped the quest and that sucks because they wouldn't give me another one and I was trying to do my dailies for the anniversary event. I was super frustrated and pissed off. Put a bad taint on the whole event. Not to mention all the time I wasted doing the other pickups before I got to that one as my third one.
    Options
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is even worse now. It's impossible to pick up the item now.
    Options