The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuck in loading screen

r34lian
r34lian
✭✭✭✭✭
stuck in loading screen. Can't even get to character selection.
Stays in loading screen then says "error login failed due to inactivity"
Happens every time there is an update.

any resolution?
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 2, 2022 2:37AM
2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That happened to me. I repaired the files, relaunched and then finally let me into the character screen.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a few possible reasons
    1. A back end login queue
    2. An Addon not updated
    3. Server traffic
    this is "normal" for a DLC patch day you just have to be patient. took me 10mins to load in earlier but once in everything was fine.
  • Hygiliack
    Hygiliack
    I had that twice yesterday, I just exited the game, waited 10 mins and logged back in, both times it worked(Happened with a 1hr +/- separation between each happening)
  • 0lbertikus
    0lbertikus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joining battleground: minutes of loading screen. Leaving the battleground after match finished: minutes of loading screen. Alt+F4 FTW and no more ESO today!
    Edited by 0lbertikus on March 14, 2022 6:53PM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loading screen seem longer than usual on my end.
  • Chapilliams
    Chapilliams
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah loading screens are crazy long today!
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zoning is taking forever on pc/eu.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here. It takes us good 3-5 minutes to reset the instance. PC/EU.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Several loooooong loading screens, then one extra long one ending with me being kicked to login screen with message "unable to connect to sever".
    PC EU
  • DonRavello
    DonRavello
    ✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Zoning is taking forever on pc/eu.

+1 PC/EU (4 mins to zone from Rift to Reaper's March)
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can get in the game, but switching zones takes like 10 minutes :s

Sure am glad we lost all our individual character data for... this.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very frustrating. I'm getting long loading screens when zoning then get kicked from the game. Then put in a queue when I try to get back in.

Hurrah for patch day! ;)
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can log in, but like others have said, silly long loading times. Currently unplayable for a filthy casual with only half an hour to spare for dailies in the evening.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying to trade loot in dungeons results in 'server is too busy to trade right now, try again in a few minutes'

Gotta chuckle really...
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    Porting from one of the delves in Skyrim to my house in Leyawiin, 6m 15sec. Porting back to Solitude to turn in the daily quests, 1m 17sec. Porting to Markarth, 1m 36 sec. Oh boy, ...
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Relogging to another toon takes several minutes until back to toon selection. Logging back in is much faster, though.

Also, experiencing some serious FPS drops down into 20ish while doing crafting dailies in Vivec.
    Edited by tomfant on March 14, 2022 7:33PM
  • Sweetare
    Sweetare
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to buy a House in Craglorn for 45 minutes now. Game tries to load into the House to preview it. After 3-4 Minutes loading I get disconnected with a "Unable to connect to game server". And its back to the character screen for me.

Loading to any zone is taking ages too.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, can confirm, like playing with constant ~100 MS wasn't enough here in Europe, now we got infinite loading screens.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yeah they are long.......long long long (maaaaaan) loading screens......
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, all loading screens on PC EU are taking ages.
  • vgastel
    vgastel
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeon finder is barely working either. Closed the client, now stuck on infinite loading screen at character load
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished updating and now I cannot make it to the character selection screen. When I force quit the game the window closes but the music keeps playing, so I have to kill the process in the task manager.

After letting the loading screen run for 10 minutes I got dumped with en error 303. I love ESO but the it has to be the worst performing MMO of any that I play (STO, WoW, GW2). :(
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Long loading screens
    "make sure you have a valid internet connection"
    Mail not working - "fetching mail. Try again later"

People are complaining of group finder not working.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Edited by phairdon on March 14, 2022 8:04PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Vraedlich
    Vraedlich
    ✭✭
    Worked fine on Stadia oddly. Not that anyone cares.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone still experiencing issues with logging in or loading into the game, please try disabling add-ons as outdated ones could be preventing you from logging into ESO. Some players may also need to run a repair through the launcher or go through a reinstall of ESO if the prior steps do not help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    after i choose character,i stuck in loading sreen.
    Edited by evymyu233 on March 16, 2022 10:41AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @evymyu233

Which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep having this problem, too. I've disabled most addons, run a repair, deleted the old host developer logs (oddly it only recreated the number 8 one, not all 10), restarted my machine, updated my Nvidia drivers and Windows (10 Pro)... and still it takes forever to log in. I'm so frustrated at this point, I barely feel like playing!

I've noticed that if it doesn't log in within a minute or two, it's not going to happen. So I get to the character select screen, pick one and hit enter, wait a bit, then close the game and try again if it doesn't connect. Once I get in, there's about a one in three chance that it will either kick me back to the loading screen or the entire game will crash. If it makes it the first minute or so, it's ok. With multiple accounts this takes me half the night just to collect my daily rewards and do the endeavors. By then I'm burnt out and no longer wish to do any more.

I just want a game I can actually play and enjoy, not one I have to fight with just to start it! Sheesh!

Also, it would be helpful if there was some sort of progress meter on the login window instead of just the unhelpful spinning ouroboros. Even if it was just a tiny line at the bottom of the window or a circle around that icon or even a percentage counting down... anything that lets me see that it's actually loading instead of just stuck in an endless spin cycle.

• evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @evymyu233

Which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

a addon names Pchat,after i turn it off,i can play now :)
    one of my computer have this problem,another one dont have.
  • RawBrightSilver
    I'm having the same problem. I don't use addons. I was initially able to get in and was playing when loading screens started taking longer and longer. Finally, they got to the point where I was disconnected and couldn't reconnect.

When I tried to login again, I was placed in a loading queue that counted down from 3+ min to 1 sec and then stuck there for a couple of minutes until finally disconnecting me again. Rinse repeat, only this time it's 6+min. Got down to 1 sec and stuck there for a few minutes before disconnection - again!

I've also had the Error 209 - asking me to repair game files. I've gone through all of the recommended steps to repair twice, including the uninstall-reinstall-repair, but still keep getting the Error 209 popup box. This has been happening since the last update.

Makes me wonder why I paid for ESO+ when I can't even play.
This discussion has been closed.