The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB for PVP which to use Bow or?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been PVPing on my magsorc for the last year(my first year of PVP) and started a new NB this last week he is level 30. Really enjoying playing the new toon but have a question.

I started him with the intention of being the type of NB that stealth's out and attacks unsuspecting peeps during battle,I get ganked by those all the time and while a pain it's pretty cool imo and seems fun. What type of weapon should I be using on him? Two daggers? Sword? Bow? Right now I have him in a partial Alcast's bow build until he get's to level 50. The reason I ask is I'd think you would be using daggers or something like that in close combat.

Thanks in advance, all posts will be giving ratings!
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all preference and comfort level tbh...the game is at a point where you can really make anything work for you....but in my opinion for a 2h and bow set up I would use masters bow back bar, for dw 2h set up I would use the vat sword back bar..I like dw maces on my builds right now but again, it is just preference, hope that helps a bit, you can always hit me up in game for help too, though
    i really have not been playing that much of late, game is just super stale and pvp is pretty meh
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally use a 2h/bow build on my stamblade for pvp

maelstrom 2h front bar, blackrose bow back bar

the extra dot from the blackrose proc is really nice and i use it with the arrow that does knockback and stacks nicely with poison injection
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally use a 2h/bow build on my stamblade for pvp

maelstrom 2h front bar, blackrose bow back bar

the extra dot from the blackrose proc is really nice and i use it with the arrow that does knockback and stacks nicely with poison injection

Thanks I'll try that once he gets to 50. I have the Mael Bow but need to get the BR one!
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use backbar master bow, front bar 2h. But as of deadlands I run 2h Vat back and DW front.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can really use anything. No arena weapons needed. Stack weapon or spell damage and penetration and use jewels of misrule.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not daggers tho. Daggers is PvE thing. In PvP you want maces.

Bowblade and melee stamblade differ a lot.
    As melee, you want more HP so you can survive some hits, and set up shadow image so you have escape route.
    As bow, HP doesn't really matter. I was able to go with Simmering Frenzy before it was nerfed.

Bow has lower burst damage but it's a lot less risk. If you go bow, backbar Darloc Brae. See https://youtu.be/VAX_ncu9egM

If you go melee build, frontbar caluurions is BiS. Can also combo with Selene's. Start with cloack -> heavy attack + skill if possible. Heavy attack + incap is pretty much unavoidable.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, great advise. My toon is now level 50. Running new moon with Swamp Raider, Bow and Two Hand Sword on back bar. Alcast setup https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-bow-gank-build-pvp/

Still learning all the skills etc. Any suggestions for other gear sets? I had heard that Titan Born was good. I was thinking Plague Breaker as i already have that set.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans is still a good set!