The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ayleid Structural Componants Please!

Aelthwyn
Aelthwyn
✭✭✭✭
Has anyone managed to build things that look like Ayleid ruins? What did you use?

I reeeeeeeally want some of those Ayleid arches with the mosaic patterns and lacy embelishments. Half-arched stone walls with grooves and knotwork designs would be nice as well.

Any other Ayleid structures on your wishlist?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a decent amount of Ayleid Structures already. The rest can be done with Summerset stuff.

See the Furniture section in the UESP for ideas.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Online:Ayleid Furnishing Bundle - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ayleid_Furnishing_Bundle

While some of this is a bundle, the pieces should be available in game or crown store
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love more Ayleid stuff. Wish the drop rates on the existing designs were higher too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I want more stuff for my Ayleid house, it has the arches but it would be nice to be able to purchase or craft more.

I also would like one of those wells like in the crown store but without the buffs, just a decorative one I could buy with gold.

Single Welkynd stones that would fit in the craftable holder too would be great.

I’d also like a chandelier, not the hanging cages that came with the house that had Welkynd stones in them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also would like one of those wells like in the crown store but without the buffs, just a decorative one I could buy with gold.

You mean like this? It’s not an exact match, but it’s an Antiquity so you could dig it up for free. Just wait for the next free ESO+ trial if you don’t need/want/have Greymoor already.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built one with Alinor Staircases (specifically the backs of them), it was the best I could do before the actual Ayleid home came out. I agree that we need more options, but we do the best with what we have.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/540336/my-ayleid-home-completely-redone#latest
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to turn Ample Domicile into more of an Ayleid ruin than it already is, but there's not really any walls that aren't book cases, and I want an arched doorway wall the ayleid gate can fit into, or arched alcoves the blessed life tree can fit nicely in, I love those pieces but at the moment they just.... don't really fit anywhere.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean like this? It’s not an exact match, but it’s an Antiquity so you could dig it up for free. Just wait for the next free ESO+ trial if you don’t need/want/have Greymoor already.

I have that one but I would like the other one too, just decorative only.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too wish that the iconic embellished Ayleid arches had been made available as furnishings.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Ayleid architecture is so evocative and cool. Its not surprise that people are going to want these. Since they've started doing structural stuff, its about time they took a look at some of the base game stuff that's been missed. I'd personally still love to see the Coldharbour stuff too, but the Ayleid stuff would be amazing, of course!
  • Evarelia
    Evarelia
    ✭✭✭
    I have two ayleid ruins if you want to tour via EHT. Evarelia PCNA, alinor crest townhouse, and kushalit sanctuary.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Ayleid architecture is so evocative and cool. Its not surprise that people are going to want these. Since they've started doing structural stuff, its about time they took a look at some of the base game stuff that's been missed. I'd personally still love to see the Coldharbour stuff too, but the Ayleid stuff would be amazing, of course!

Agree as well. Problem is the devs have kinda run the gamut on most things Ayleid already. Oh sure theres some structural stuff they could do like arches and walls, but not much else from I can think of in ESO besides the Ayleid urns/casks. Oblivion? Slightly different story though. They could add the metal window grates and other elements the devs did away with in ESO or even add some Oblivion throwbacks like the Malata carved panel or the Ten Ancestors statues.

Personally though i'd love a version of the eight star chandelier antiquity with Varla or Malondo stones because the lighting would blend better with most homes.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »

Agree as well. Problem is the devs have kinda run the gamut on most things Ayleid already. Oh sure theres some structural stuff they could do like arches and walls, but not much else from I can think of in ESO besides the Ayleid urns/casks. Oblivion? Slightly different story though. They could add the metal window grates and other elements the devs did away with in ESO or even add some Oblivion throwbacks like the Malata carved panel or the Ten Ancestors statues.

Personally though i'd love a version of the eight star chandelier antiquity with Varla or Malondo stones because the lighting would blend better with most homes.

That would be freaking cool. The 10 ancestors stuff is pretty obscure, I had to look it up. Now I'll probably need to fire up Oblivion again next maintenance lol. It feels like something the antiquities system could handle. But yeah, there's definitely more inspiration to be had.

Regarding the Malondo stones thing, I agree that would be cool. They could probably do a whole bunch of yellow variants and I would end up using them. Although I feel like the culanda/malondo thing was a hand-waivy thing they did to justify having ayleid do double-time all old elf stuff, and was largely done away with once they did Summerset, I don't see any reason they shouldn't have kept the yellow stones thing going. I actually put some in ayleid braziers and used them in my Colossal Aldmeri Grotto and it looks convincing and unique.

As for the basic ayleid structures, yeah- there's not heaps but I could still use them! Even with just platforms, stairs, butresses/columns sort of thing you could go a long way with replicating some convincing ayleid ruins in the open-space type homes people seem to like. But with those awesome signature arches and such, you could do something really epic.

I guess with each chapter they want to do foundations and stuff that fit with their theme, but maybe its something that could be utilised via the Lux vendor. I'd personally love to see more stuff each week anyway- cause you'll often get stuck with multiple weeks there's nothing you want in them anyway.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on April 15, 2022 6:09AM
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like the opportunity to purchase Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins :(

Though I completely agree, it would be so nice to see more Ayleid furnishing items in general (and even more so if I had ruins to put them in, yah!~ Come on ZOS, help a mer out!).
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We got an Ayleid Brazier at the Luxury Vendor today, nice but one new item a year (roughly) is too slow.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got an Ayleid Brazier at the Luxury Vendor today, nice but one new item a year (roughly) is too slow.

This. I'm not sure why they limit it like this. Like, if I have a really cool ayleid home idea, I have to wait a whole 'nother year just for a chance for a piece I might want? A *year*, so that I can finish my home??
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they need to introduce a ton more ayleid furnishings. I have been wanting the arch myself for a long while and quite frankly substitutes don't do it. While they are at it they should add a ton of snow elf stuff.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that Ayleid stuff is rare, perhaps one or two structural items that can be crafted and used for walls/floors, but otherwise, it is fitting that there isn't too much. Makes the style much more valuable. As someone said, Summerset/Alinor/psijic furnishing can fill the gaps.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭

That would be freaking cool. The 10 ancestors stuff is pretty obscure, I had to look it up. Now I'll probably need to fire up Oblivion again next maintenance lol. It feels like something the antiquities system could handle. But yeah, there's definitely more inspiration to be had.

Regarding the Malondo stones thing, I agree that would be cool. They could probably do a whole bunch of yellow variants and I would end up using them. Although I feel like the culanda/malondo thing was a hand-waivy thing they did to justify having ayleid do double-time all old elf stuff, and was largely done away with once they did Summerset, I don't see any reason they shouldn't have kept the yellow stones thing going. I actually put some in ayleid braziers and used them in my Colossal Aldmeri Grotto and it looks convincing and unique.

As for the basic ayleid structures, yeah- there's not heaps but I could still use them! Even with just platforms, stairs, butresses/columns sort of thing you could go a long way with replicating some convincing ayleid ruins in the open-space type homes people seem to like. But with those awesome signature arches and such, you could do something really epic.

I guess with each chapter they want to do foundations and stuff that fit with their theme, but maybe its something that could be utilised via the Lux vendor. I'd personally love to see more stuff each week anyway- cause you'll often get stuck with multiple weeks there's nothing you want in them anyway.

Oblivion was my first Elder Scrolls so it has a special place in my heart; Ayleid ruins we're my favorite delves. And the Ten Ancestors is far from obscure, if anything the questline ties directly in with ESO lore considering you go to Lalorian Dynar's old city of Nelalata and obtain its crown.

But perhaps things could be expanded upon, Colovian Skingrad has yet to be done so maybe they could add some new Ayleid furnishings there. IIRC one of the biggest Aylied ruins was just northeast of Skingrad. I think it was Nornalhorst? Anyways point is ZOS could use it as a place that has preserved Ayleid wood and cloth furnishings since all that remains normally is the stone and metal structures.
    Edited by Mascen on April 22, 2022 3:45AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »
    I like that Ayleid stuff is rare, perhaps one or two structural items that can be crafted and used for walls/floors, but otherwise, it is fitting that there isn't too much. Makes the style much more valuable. As someone said, Summerset/Alinor/psijic furnishing can fill the gaps.

I disagree. I have the Ayleid house and wish to furnish it as an Ayleid ruin, not with a conglomeration of various styles that happen to have stone pieces.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oblivion was my first Elder Scrolls so it has a special place in my heart; Ayleid ruins we're my favorite delves. And the Ten Ancestors is far from obscure, if anything the questline ties directly in with ESO lore considering you go to Lalorian Dynar's old city of Nelalata and obtain its crown.

But perhaps things could be expanded upon, Colovian Skingrad has yet to be done so maybe they could add some new Ayleid furnishings there. IIRC one of the biggest Aylied ruins was just northeast of Skingrad. I think it was Nornalhorst? Anyways point is ZOS could use it as a place that has preserved Ayleid wood and cloth furnishings since all that remains normally is the stone and metal structures.

Fair, its probably just obscure to me because I overlooked it or something.

I'm really looking forward to Skingrad and seeing more of Colovia. Nornalhost will be awesome to explore.

I disagree. I have the Ayleid house and wish to furnish it as an Ayleid ruin, not with a conglomeration of various styles that happen to have stone pieces.

Yeah, agree. The predictable response would be how about we choose someone else's favourite styles to remain rare? I think @BahometZ 's solution could work for some people, for some stuff, but if you're trying to make something that feels authentic and you have an eye for detail, mismatched stonework can be really grating and unsatisfying.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm really looking forward to Skingrad and seeing more of Colovia. Nornalhost will be awesome to explore.

Yeah, agree. The predictable response would be how about we choose someone else's favourite styles to remain rare? I think @BahometZ 's solution could work for some people, for some stuff, but if you're trying to make something that feels authentic and you have an eye for detail, mismatched stonework can be really grating and unsatisfying.

Well therein lies the question and the truth that leads to another question: Do you want an Ayleid ruin because its all we've ever known; or if we got a proper expansion of furnishings, would you want to make an Ayleid house?

Basically our desire for more Ayleid furnishings is not only a technical issue of the devs making them, but a logistical issue within the lore as well; let me explain. When the Alessian slave revolt succeeded and founded the First Empire, the Ayleids were largely killed or exiled from Cyrodiil. Much like ancient Egypt or Greece, their citatdels were presumably picked clean by scavengers and the ravages of time alike leaving behind nothing but stone and metal after centuries.

So in short to get what we want with Ayleid furnishings ZoS would have to create the Tamrielic equivalent of King Tut's Tomb or Pompeii; a pristine and untouched Ayleid settlement seemingly frozen in time (or literally if they want to use magic). Said furnishings they create for that could also be sprinkled throughout the rest of the game as part of an update for Ayleid ruins along with an upgraded version of the Ancient Elf motif similar to the Ancestral styles other racial motifs have been getting lately.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don’t need to create new assets, I mentioned several items above that exist already in the game that are not available to us in any form yet.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don’t need to create new assets, I mentioned several items above that exist already in the game that are not available to us in any form yet.

Yes there are existing Ayleid assets they could implement for player housing, but as I stated above the vast majority above already have been while only a handful remain unimplemented. Unless we see the creation of new assets, we will most likely be subject to a slow drip via the Luxury furnisher with 2-3 new items once a year.

My hope is that ZoS could do what they did for Dwemer furnishings in the Reach expansion with Ayleid furnishings in an upcoming one given the current expansion theme The Legacy of the Bretons presents an ample opportunity to do so.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well therein lies the question and the truth that leads to another question: Do you want an Ayleid ruin because its all we've ever known; or if we got a proper expansion of furnishings, would you want to make an Ayleid house?

Basically our desire for more Ayleid furnishings is not only a technical issue of the devs making them, but a logistical issue within the lore as well; let me explain. When the Alessian slave revolt succeeded and founded the First Empire, the Ayleids were largely killed or exiled from Cyrodiil. Much like ancient Egypt or Greece, their citatdels were presumably picked clean by scavengers and the ravages of time alike leaving behind nothing but stone and metal after centuries.

So in short to get what we want with Ayleid furnishings ZoS would have to create the Tamrielic equivalent of King Tut's Tomb or Pompeii; a pristine and untouched Ayleid settlement seemingly frozen in time (or literally if they want to use magic). Said furnishings they create for that could also be sprinkled throughout the rest of the game as part of an update for Ayleid ruins along with an upgraded version of the Ancient Elf motif similar to the Ancestral styles other racial motifs have been getting lately.

For me, honestly? I'd be happy just with the ruined foundation stuff that we can already see in the game. We have several open-plot style houses, and explorable Tamriel shows us instances of modern civilisation being built amongst the ruins of ancient ones. I have a few ideas I could work with, I'm sure the community at large could think of tonnes more.

I actually really like the mysterious nature of the Ayleids- part of the appeal for me is looking at the old ruins and wondering how this could ever have been, how it might have looked in its populated prime, with all the perishables and trappings. The stone foundations, stairs, arches, spiked cages, wrought-iron fixtures and braziers that are already assets in the game are more than enough to replicate the dramatic alien doom aesthetic that was done so effectively in Oblivion.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes there are existing Ayleid assets they could implement for player housing, but as I stated above the vast majority above already have been while only a handful remain unimplemented. Unless we see the creation of new assets, we will most likely be subject to a slow drip via the Luxury furnisher with 2-3 new items once a year.

My hope is that ZoS could do what they did for Dwemer furnishings in the Reach expansion with Ayleid furnishings in an upcoming one given the current expansion theme The Legacy of the Bretons presents an ample opportunity to do so.

To demonstrate that there's more than a handful remaining unimplemented, go and have a look at one of either the above-ground like Silaseli, or underground ones like Root Sunder or Rulanyiel's, and, using only the furnishings we have available, try to emulate them. Even just like a little part of them. You'll quickly find that there's a bunch of signature pieces we can't get. Those characteristic arches you see everywhere, for instance? Nup. The broken columns? No. Foundations such as platforms, staircases, walls, butressing or other structural flourishing? None.

That's the stuff we can already get for other styles, and they're wildly popular. That's the stuff we want for our own Ayleid creations.

I get what you're saying, too. I'm definitely not against a broader delve into the sort of Ayleid furnishing stuff we've never ever seen in a game. That would be something really cool for the devs to explore. I remember that in Skyrim, they had had plans to make a player house that was, at its exterior just a typical stone Dragon Mound structure, but once you entered it, it transported you back to the Merethic, and you were essentially living at the time of the Dragon Priests. Epic idea that sadly never got implemented, but a good example of something really cool you could do if you wanted to overcome the logistics and explore Ayleid living at its height.

But yeah. Even just what they have already would be really really useful.
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭

To demonstrate that there's more than a handful remaining unimplemented, go and have a look at one of either the above-ground like Silaseli, or underground ones like Root Sunder or Rulanyiel's, and, using only the furnishings we have available, try to emulate them. Even just like a little part of them. You'll quickly find that there's a bunch of signature pieces we can't get. Those characteristic arches you see everywhere, for instance? Nup. The broken columns? No. Foundations such as platforms, staircases, walls, butressing or other structural flourishing? None.

That's the stuff we can already get for other styles, and they're wildly popular. That's the stuff we want for our own Ayleid creations.

I get what you're saying, too. I'm definitely not against a broader delve into the sort of Ayleid furnishing stuff we've never ever seen in a game. That would be something really cool for the devs to explore. I remember that in Skyrim, they had had plans to make a player house that was, at its exterior just a typical stone Dragon Mound structure, but once you entered it, it transported you back to the Merethic, and you were essentially living at the time of the Dragon Priests. Epic idea that sadly never got implemented, but a good example of something really cool you could do if you wanted to overcome the logistics and explore Ayleid living at its height.

But yeah. Even just what they have already would be really really useful.

Oh, im not denying those by any means and even acknowledged them previously in this thread. What I am saying though is because of the ayleid things we have in game, from the grates, gates, bookcases, etc. I could only forsee somewhere around 10-15 structural components that could be added whereas the other expansions such as Elsweyr or Summerset tend to have around double those numbers. Maybe it could be added in a dungeon DLC, but that would take away from another expansion.

I understand and also appreciate your desire for the Ayleids to retain some air of mystery, but at the same time we do need more than structural components if theres is to be any hope for a proper Ayleid furnishing expansion.