Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do houseguests have dialogue while idling about?

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
I was about to get Lyranth, but it seems houseguests in general do not speak unless spoken to? Which is a bit of a bummer, was hoping they can add to the... ambiance of my house. I get it that it may annoy some people, but it could be an option, at least when you approach them. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom just an idea.
Edited by Shagreth on March 12, 2022 12:04PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, they don't. :(
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they don't. :(
    Thank god I didn't waste 2.5k. Cheers!
  • lizardman
    lizardman
    ✭✭
    Some do. For example, if you purchase a banking assistant and place them in your home, they will say things unprompted when you walk nearby them.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good question, this would be a nice addition IMHO. As with companions, you could simply put reactions when passing by on seldom, normal or often, this would already do the trick B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me houseguests have to be one of the biggest disappointments after coming back to the game. Such a missed opportunity. I have been always asking for more reasons to visit our homes (Vampire Thrall, Aetherial Well etc. definitely a step towards the right direction! TY @ZOS_GinaBruno makes me feel my feedback matters <3) I really hope they can expand on this system, emotes while idle and dialogue would be nice, some of the guests are already so expensive, I think it would be nice to add these things to some of the existing ones, even. Another idea is for 'chef' guests to specify a food from the recipes you know and they can make one every some hours. Honestly, the unlimited potential right there.

Later on, you can add companions that you can have romantic relationships with, then putting them in the house and logging out near a bed or something can have more rested bonus. (ala Skyrim)
    Edited by Shagreth on March 13, 2022 10:04PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I should clarify. Only the banker that I know of (the dark elf) says anything unprompted, and it's the "the veriansu blah blah holy work... HOW dare they.. blah blah" you know and I think one other thing, about the coral heart.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom