The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

2h type and trait

Amerises
Amerises
✭✭✭✭
Sword nirn still best?

Been gone for about year, I *think* when I left it was WD stacking for pvp, however I can't remember and don't know if this changed.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I would only go nirn sword if you have plenty of pen as is but I like to aim for over 20k. Most every stam build I run I use a sharp maul which most would argue is best atm
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay. While PotL is active I still only have 15,201 so sounds like sharpened maul would be helpful. Thanks!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharpened got nerfed to half long ago, then slightly buffed again more recently. Before that buff it was Nirn Mauls. Now it's Sharpened Mauls. You might use a Nirn Greatsword, if you use Onslaught or Corrosive Armor. Other than that, it's got the better heals from Rally going for it, but Rally has been a bit in the dumps as a heal for a while. Buggy and inconsistent. As of today's patch you will be able to use magicka-based heals as a stamina character on PC. Rally is probably still too good of a skill to give up altogether, but the availability of magicka-based heals, as well as good old Vigor, will probably de-emphasise Rally's role as a heal further. All depends on your build, of course.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharpened maul if it's your damage bar, nirn greatsword if it's your buff/heal bar.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Sharpened maul if it's your damage bar, nirn greatsword if it's your buff/heal bar.
    Sharp maul for damage bar for sure. I usually run a defending Greatsword on my buff/heal bar but nirn is also a great option.
    Edited by SippingPotions on March 16, 2022 6:28PM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This ^
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

This ^

I think DW is a better option as you run nirn on your primary weapon and sharp on the off hand weapon both mauls for the added pen.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what for I guess. He asked about 2 handers. Obv if its for magika or he doesn't need the 2h abilities particularly, dw would be better stats. I'd guess most classes though would still run a 2h in pvp? For stam at least.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what for I guess. He asked about 2 handers. Obv if its for magika or he doesn't need the 2h abilities particularly, dw would be better stats. I'd guess most classes though would still run a 2h in pvp? For stam at least.

With rally providing major sorcery I'm sure we'll start seeing more mag builds running 2h. I've been using a maul on my magplar for months now.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With rally providing major sorcery I'm sure we'll start seeing more mag builds running 2h. I've been using a maul on my magplar for months now.

I rather use the knife from DW as it can interrupt casting and stuns the target. Also, if you run the knife you can get a 40 second buff if using the morph that marks and allows you to jump to the target. The only nice thing with Rally is the healing it offers.