Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what is the silver dye on the silver rose style ?

Iron_Warrior
Iron_Warrior
✭✭✭✭✭
I think the default silver on this style is the best silver in the game, all other silver dyes makes your armor matte. The only shiny silver other than this one is Frozen blood which is shinier but have a red tone in it. But this one is pure shiny silver. Is this dye in the game? If not then PLEASE add it, it looks great
q50j1muvimf6.jpg

Also shout out to the people that designed this style, you did a fantastic job.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it is or is close to Lycanthrope Gray...which is a metallic silver from maxxing out lycanthropy skill line.

One of the decon colors can also be metallic silver on metal...sometimes.
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it is or is close to Lycanthrope Gray...which is a metallic silver from maxxing out lycanthropy skill line.

That's helpful, i haven't unlocked it yet but tested every gray and silver dye that i had and none of them looked as good as the silver rose, so maybe this is the one. Time to level up my werewolf
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to buying this motif, but they ruined it with the damn hip flaps on the light armor. So, I won't be buying it. IMO they have ruined (and lost my money) most newer motifs with those hip and crotch flaps. Oh, well. I guess I'll keep my cash for gasoline.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to buying this motif, but they ruined it with the damn hip flaps on the light armor. So, I won't be buying it. IMO they have ruined (and lost my money) most newer motifs with those hip and crotch flaps. Oh, well. I guess I'll keep my cash for gasoline.

@ZOS_Kevin

I know the feeling when hip flaps ruin a style for you. For example i think nighthollow heavy armor is on of the best looking heavy styles in the game but those giant hip flaps completely ruined that style for me. But fortunately i'm ok with the hip flaps on heavy silver rose.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's helpful, i haven't unlocked it yet but tested every gray and silver dye that i had and none of them looked as good as the silver rose, so maybe this is the one. Time to level up my werewolf

I levelled mine in Monkey's Rest (Auridon)...just killing the monkeys over and over...fast respawn...took less than a couple hours.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it isn't Lycanthrope Grey though it is close. Of the colors I have, the closest I got to the depth was Entoloma Blue. Seeing that such a blue color hit the mark...it could be Cyrodillac Steel (which I do not have)

WSPXaOj.png
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The armor previews/default costume dyes don't always use in-game dyes. The red in the Arena Gladiator costume is a more vibrant dye than ANY matte red we have. It's particularly noticeable and regrettable with really pretty silver colors, like in Silver Rose or Wayward Guardian.

Please ... give us some shiny silver dyes that aren't quite as extreme as Frozen Blood!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stendarr white, try it!
    Comes with the monster hunter achievement.
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Stendarr white, try it!
    Comes with the monster hunter achievement.

Tried it but it doean't look nearly as good, makes the armor matte

pyibtskfzwpy.jpg

• aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old thread, but I also love this silver. I'm sure it's unique to the motif, but the Savior of High Isle achievement gives Chivalric Silver which has a similar shine although a little more blue.

Also, the Prior Thierric head, shoulder and weapons use the same silver as Silver Rose (and match the rose motif).
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the heavy Silver Dawn chest dyed Cyrodilic Steel mixed with Silver Rose everything else. Color is a match, it's just less shiny but not by much.

k3m7nv5agahc.png
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it isn't Lycanthrope Grey though it is close. Of the colors I have, the closest I got to the depth was Entoloma Blue. Seeing that such a blue color hit the mark...it could be Cyrodillac Steel (which I do not have)

WSPXaOj.png

Cyrodiilic Steel is my first thought.

It's not identical to the default color, but it's pretty close.