Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What are you guaranteed to get by completing the Barathrum Centrata in Imperial City sewers?

kevkj
kevkj
✭✭✭✭
A friend and I killed the Simulacrum of Molag Bal today and... got a few thousand telvar and some key fragments. Is that it? Was there a chest to loot that we missed?

The UESP page and an old guide on this forum mentions Sigils of Imperial Retreat, Hakeijos and "Trophy Vault Trophies"/Xivkyn Style pages as well as rarely the pet or costume. I understand not getting the rare rewards, but I definitely didn't get a Sigil or a style page and am 99% sure I didn't get a Hakeijo either.

Are all the listed rewards also random and not guaranteed beyond the telvar?

Best Answers

• Sir_Hammock
    Sir_Hammock
    ✭✭✭
    Yes only tel var are guaranteed. The rest you gotta farm for
    Answer ✓
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kevkj wrote: »
    A friend and I killed the Simulacrum of Molag Bal today and... got a few thousand telvar and some key fragments. Is that it? Was there a chest to loot that we missed?

The UESP page and an old guide on this forum mentions Sigils of Imperial Retreat, Hakeijos and "Trophy Vault Trophies"/Xivkyn Style pages as well as rarely the pet or costume. I understand not getting the rare rewards, but I definitely didn't get a Sigil or a style page and am 99% sure I didn't get a Hakeijo either.

Are all the listed rewards also random and not guaranteed beyond the telvar?

Correct; the drop rates for any given thing are kind of lousy. I will note that the ‘Trophy Vault Trophies’ have been replaced with the Key Fragments though; if you have enough Key Fragments when you pass through a Vault door, it will turn ALL the Fragments it can into the relevant key.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Answer ✓
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    You also get a really cool achievement dye Transliminal Violet!
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
    Answer ✓
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    per kill, you are guaranteed some gold (usually between 15 and 30 gold), key frags (usually between 4-6) and tel var (the base amount is something like 600 then affected by your multiplier/how large your group is)

the first kill also grants the achievement that unlocks a dye

drops which are not guaranteed: stonefire scamp (uncommon to rare drop rate) and the soul shriven skin (rare drop rate, i think this is also a direct award too (not a runebox) so you can only ever get this drop once)

key fragments are big money to sell right now (last i checked at least 400g each on the market)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
    Answer ✓
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for the quick answers.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    and the soul shriven skin (rare drop rate, i think this is also a direct award too (not a runebox) so you can only ever get this drop once)

Nope, it’s a runebox. I got it twice during the last Mayhem. Technically you could buy it off a guild trader but last I checked it was going for (not exaggerating) millions of gold.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and the soul shriven skin (rare drop rate, i think this is also a direct award too (not a runebox) so you can only ever get this drop once)

Nope, it’s a runebox. I got it twice during the last Mayhem. Technically you could buy it off a guild trader but last I checked it was going for (not exaggerating) millions of gold.

they must have changed it then, on release it was a direct drop (thats how i got it, pretty sure i got it like the 2nd or 3rd time i did molag bal after it released lol)

never seen one since so no idea they even changed it lol (i have gotten several of the scamp runeboxes as those are far more common)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities