The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chromium Plating more rare?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Is it me or is Chromium Platings become much more rare?
Been doing all the Jewelry Surveys I can find, very very few Chromium Platings....

Also, does anything non Vet drop purple jewelry?

Tanks,

Z
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dolmens can drop purple jewelry.

chromium is the same rarity as it always has been.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolmens can drop purple jewelry.

chromium is the same rarity as it always has been.

Perhaps my luck is down...

Tanks for the info!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not sure I have ever got a gold plating from the crafting reward boxes, just sometimes I get two gold grains.

I only do jewelry dailies at max tier on 4 toons, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    (...) Is it me or is Chromium Platings become much more rare? (...)
    Seems its just a case of bad rng. I suggest you do the crafting daily jewelry writ (always at the highest tier, which is platinum) on more chars to improve your chances of getting more grains/platings.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    (...) Is it me or is Chromium Platings become much more rare? (...)
    Seems its just a case of bad rng. I suggest you do the crafting daily jewelry writ (always at the highest tier, which is platinum) on more chars to improve your chances of getting more grains/platings.

I do the jewelry crafting quest every day....that is the writ, right?
    Maybe I have some non de-buffable curse on me?
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    Last year, I was doing the daily writs with like 10 characters everyday and I used to get only 1 chromium plating (account wide) once every 2-3 weeks or so. I think you are not unlucky, it is simply a rare material to get as a drop.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate for a full Chromium plating is about 1.5% of the time (at a 25% chance of getting Chromium), so it's about 0.375%. So about once every 266 times you do jewelry writs. So you could expect just over 1 a year if you only do it on 1 character. If you do them on 18, you can expect one on average every 14 days.
    Edited by tmbrinks on March 10, 2022 7:11PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The past half of the year ive had 2 platings with 10 toons so thats around 1 every 900 writ
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've averaged 1 in 467 overall (and that includes some data from before characters were fully leveled). Last two patches I've had about a 1.5% chance of a plating drop (across all types) and it's 25% for a chromium grain.

:neutral:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh...boy....this is going to take a while....

Tanks!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While getting them from daily crafting rewards is nice, you can also get them from refining jewelry mats as well. So farming jewelry nodes and of course surveys will help.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    While getting them from daily crafting rewards is nice, you can also get them from refining jewelry mats as well. So farming jewelry nodes and of course surveys will help.

Tanks @katanagirl1 I do as many jewelry surveys as possible. I only seem to get the surveys from doing dailys. Been nice to get more. Is there a way to get more?

I max'd out my Jewelry extraction skill line.

One this that I found surprisingly helpful - Keen Eye: Jewelry - occasionally I would run by nodes, but the glow - really helps!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tanks @katanagirl1 I do as many jewelry surveys as possible. I only seem to get the surveys from doing dailys. Been nice to get more. Is there a way to get more?

One this that I found surprisingly helpful - Keen Eye: Jewelry - occasionally I would run by nodes, but the glow - really helps!

No, survey drops are 1 in 8, regardless of the level of daily writ you do.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only way to get more surveys would be more toons doing daily crafting writs.

It would be easier to just go out and spend some time each day farming jewelry nodes, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

The only way to get more surveys would be more toons doing daily crafting writs.

It would be easier to just go out and spend some time each day farming jewelry nodes, though.

It's pretty competitive. I have to do it late at night ....