Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

What qualifies as a "1 public dungeon group event" for daily endeavor (random norm didn't work)

EdmondDontes
EdmondDontes
✭✭✭✭✭
Exactly what qualifies as a "public dungeon group event" for the purposes of the daily endeavor credit?

I ran a random norm thinking that it should qualify, but it did not.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The public dungeon bosses (random normal is for group dungeons) that reward a skill point.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public and group dungeons are different things. You want the ones like Bad Man's Hollow or Crow's Wood. Public dungeons don't require groups, and the 'group event' gives a skill point the first time you do it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7b398capie0c.jpg

Found that online

Edited by spartaxoxo on March 2, 2022 9:56PM
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    The public dungeon bosses (random normal is for group dungeons) that reward a skill point.

So it's not a delve boss, but a boss from one of the public dungeons WE DON'T HAVE TO BE GROUPED FOR! Glad the description is so clear and not at all misleading.

Thanks for the reply.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on March 2, 2022 9:57PM
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can’t queue for public dungeons. They are in the wild marqued on the map with a cave entrance icon. The boss you’ll have to kill is the one who gives a skill point.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Public_Dungeons
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So it's not a delve boss, but a boss from one of the public dungeons WE DON'T HAVE TO BE GROUPED FOR! Glad the description is so clear and not at all misleading.

It's called a group event because it's usually the hardest part of the dungeon. Might be too hard for lower level toons by themselves.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EdmondDontes
    They call it a group event because it’s generally made a bit harder and it was supposed to be done with a small group. Every public dungeon has one and if you look in the achievements they call it that way too.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. :)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each public dungeon has a group challenge boss. That is the main boss for the dungeon. It works nicely to grab a mages guild daily since they send you to public dungeons and the objective is always in a chest basically right at the group challenge boss. And turning in the quest also nets you a nice rapport boost for Bastion if you care about that.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeons can be found in most zones. They look like cave icons. Each public dungeon has a group event. It's a harder boss in each one that is a separate achievement from killing the other bosses. Usually group bosses have a bunch of mobs you need to kill first before the group boss will appear. In Crows Wood for example you need to kill all the ghost mobs packed around the group boss area before the boss will appear. So look for a room with mobs of the same type packed together. Usually that is the group boss area.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the group event is in the same room as the mages guild daily quest.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glenumbra is probably the easiest one to knock out.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mage guild dailies require you to pick something up from a chest in the Group Event of a public dungeon, so you can pick one of them up and it will tell you which boss.
    PC - NA
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glenumbra is probably the easiest one to knock out.

Alik'r is the most convinient in my opiion, because it resets almost immediately and you don't have to wait for the boss.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    @EdmondDontes
    They call it a group event because it’s generally made a bit harder and it was supposed to be done with a small group. Every public dungeon has one and if you look in the achievements they call it that way too.
    Yes, you also has an kill an group boss endeavor who I assumed was an public dungeon group challenge boss but was in fact an world boss :neutral: Never heard any called the world bosses group bosses.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    @EdmondDontes
    Yes, you also has an kill an group boss endeavor who I assumed was an public dungeon group challenge boss but was in fact an world boss :neutral: Never heard any called the world bosses group bosses.

Yeah, group bosses are called world bosses by the community. It's one of those things where the internal terminology differs from the community. Like how almost no one knows what an incursion is.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The public dungeons have a cave entrance-like symbol on the map, there's one per zone, and they have multiple boss encounters, but one of the encounters is more challenging (hence 'group event') and awards a skill point after completion, It's this encounter the endeavour refers to, and you can choose whichever public dungeon you like. I find the one in Auridon convenient because the group event boss is not that far inside the dungeon and it's very easy and fast to do.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found that online
    And Group Delves, afair. Legacy of Craglorn.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the public dungeon in north Elsweyr, like Orcrest. Random Normals aren't public dungeons.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crow's Wood is best one,you don't even have to go throguh all of it to get there.Just go down right side of bridge,across water,and keep going right,when you can go up at the campfire,just follow it to group event.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the public dungeon in north Elsweyr, like Orcrest. Random Normals aren't public dungeons.
    Note that the DLC public dungeon group events are harder than the baseline one, more like soloing an easier normal group dungeon or an wold boss. I like it but got it handed to me some times not being prepared.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you pull up the map of the public dungeon and hover over the boss icons it tells you the name of the boss and also if it's the group event boss.
    PCNA
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boss icons on the map are a feature of some addon, not the base game.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    @EdmondDontes

Yeah, group bosses are called world bosses by the community. It's one of those things where the internal terminology differs from the community. Like how almost no one knows what an incursion is.

i think originally the endeavors actually did say "world boss" when it meant world boss, then they changed it to "group boss" at some point which is what caused the confusion
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snake Mother in Bad Man Hollow is my go to place for public dungeon. I have no nopproblem doing her in on my own but usually a few people there.

Just go right when you go in and stay left till you fall down the hole where the skyshard is. Ezpz.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeons have multiple bosses. The boss that gives you a skill point often spawns after doing some things (like killing all adds around it) and that's a "Group Event" in the public dungeon.

Example Stonefalls Crow's Wood:

GM5mrve.png
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest is the Deshaan public dungeon, it's a short walk through abouut 3 trash packs, respawns quite fast and the room has fairly fast respawning materials and chests while you wait.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest is the Deshaan public dungeon, it's a short walk through abouut 3 trash packs, respawns quite fast and the room has fairly fast respawning materials and chests while you wait.

This is my go-to, as well. To anyone who hasn't done it before, you need to clear the room of Kwama to spawn the three bosses. They go down extremely quickly.

EDIT: On a side note, it's great to see some fellow Count of Monte Cristo lovers in one thread - my main is called Abbe Busoni as my own little nod to my favourite book. @Monte_Cristo @EdmondDontes, hats off to you good sirs.
    Edited by Stanx on March 4, 2022 3:20PM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually go to Rimmen Necropolis as the group event is right near the start. However, it is one of the more difficult ones and I cannot solo it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I usually go to Rimmen Necropolis as the group event is right near the start. However, it is one of the more difficult ones and I cannot solo it.

I prefer the Alik'r one. Sure it's slightly further in, but it respawns very quickly.