Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gloombound Weapons

DreamsUnderStars
DreamsUnderStars
✭✭✭✭✭
Just want to say thank you for these! I was *just* saying the other day that I thought it would be really cool if we could have shields that were made of magic, so they look like forcefields and disappear when stowed.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the Gloombound weapons disappear when stowed? AFIAK we've only seen a static image of them and no actual gameplay footage.
  • FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will help with casual fashion in the game a ton.

My character doesn't need to be armed when attending a house party with my roleplay guild. We're there to celebrate with friends not prepare for war.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just double-checked and you are correct Dreams

Need a weapon in a hurry? Let the Evergloam provide! Alter your weapon's appearance to match the Gloambound Weapons by using this complete set of Outfit styles. Stowing these weapons will hide them when equipped.

Extremely excited for this now!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be awesome.

We need more styles with this hidden when sheathed feature.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm extremely curious to see if we'll be able to dye them!
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m so freaked excited for this!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »

Me. Too. I hope we get to dye them, I can do them pink like mesmer effects in GW2 and can have a psionic mage. :D

I still want an offhand weapon like a book or a rod, but a glowing dagger that disappears? Almost as good!
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »

Me. Too. I hope we get to dye them, I can do them pink like mesmer effects in GW2 and can have a psionic mage. :D

I still want an offhand weapon like a book or a rod, but a glowing dagger that disappears? Almost as good!

The Mesmer aesthetics are so pretty, one of the coolest classes in any MMO I've played. That's an excellent idea!
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ssshhh... guys don't sound too hyped yet, because the marketing department hasn't decided the price yet. I'll get these if they are 2,500 like EVERY OTHER weapons set, but historically eso charges more for highly anticipated items.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    ssshhh... guys don't sound too hyped yet, because the marketing department hasn't decided the price yet. I'll get these if they are 2,500 like EVERY OTHER weapons set, but historically eso charges more for highly anticipated items.

Ah that's right... gotta temper our excitement against greed. *Hopefully* it's a reasonable price.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think they will ever give the option to hide staff so you can still do light and heavy attacks unarmed? Even staff skills? Anyways for me its a right step in the direction for this weapon set dropping soon!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this spawns a whole new line of disappearing weapons. Id like some golden ones that are all holy like and sparkle away in twinkling golden stars. The new weapons are cool as heck tho xD made a whole new outfit in anticipation for them lmao
    Argonian Master Race
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    YISS Only 2500cr for the set and it includes every type. <3

Medium-level disappointment: you can't dye the weapons. So no mesmer-pink weapons... *sigh*

Thankyou, Zeni
    Edited by KitsuneShoujo on March 16, 2022 3:12PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't much that goes in the crown store that feels like good value for money, but I had no hesitation buying these.

- an iconic Skyrim style
    - a way to hide sheathed weapons
    - 10 styles in one bundle

I am a happy consumer today!
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't much that goes in the crown store that feels like good value for money, but I had no hesitation buying these.

- an iconic Skyrim style

Can you dye them?
    At work can't check
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

- an iconic Skyrim style

Can you dye them?
    At work can't check

No, you can't dye them.

It's unfortunate because they kind of clash with most other visual effects, and armor sets.
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »

- an iconic Skyrim style

Can you dye them?
    At work can't check

All you had to do was read up one post and you would have had your answer...
    Medium-level disappointment: you can't dye the weapons. So no mesmer-pink weapons... *sigh*

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The color suits the character that I have using the weapons, so not being dyeable is thankfully not an issue for me. It stinks for people who wanted to dye them though. Hopefully in the future they could update it. Still a really cool arms pack and I'm glad they made it.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    The color suits the character that I have using the weapons, so not being dyeable is thankfully not an issue for me. It stinks for people who wanted to dye them though. Hopefully in the future they could update it. Still a really cool arms pack and I'm glad they made it.

Oh I'm defintely buying it for sure, I just have to wait til friday when I get paid (500cr short), just a little bit of disappointment that I can't dye them pink or purple... or green.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I'm defintely buying it for sure, I just have to wait til friday when I get paid (500cr short), just a little bit of disappointment that I can't dye them pink or purple... or green.

They are kinda purple. A very blue-ish purple.

I personally don't mind them not being dyeable at all. Think Skyrim is the only game that made bound weapons all glowy and transparent while previously they just looked like normal daedric weapons, but it's one of the few changes I like from there. I like these weapons a lot, only down side is that there is no summoning sound or animation.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if ZOS will add more styles such as this like a Blood Red version.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love them! Thank you!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these!! Visuals work great with a lightning casting Sorc! :) I hope that add others with different colors over time.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally dont buy cosmetic stuff, but theses are great

Only negatives are they are not dyable (which I knew before buying, guess I'll wait and buy the eventual Templar yellow recolor) and more importantly the appearing and disappearing don't feel/mesh very good/well with the default (un)sheathing sound, something about it is incredibly offputting
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakz wrote: »
    Generally dont buy cosmetic stuff, but theses are great

Only negatives are they are not dyable (which I knew before buying, guess I'll wait and buy the eventual Templar yellow recolor) and more importantly the appearing and disappearing don't feel/mesh very good/well with the default (un)sheathing sound, something about it is incredibly offputting

I just consider that to be the 'summoning sound'... because surely summoning something out of nothing would make a sound as it materializes. :)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YISS Only 2500cr for the set and it includes every type. <3

Thankyou, Zeni

I didn't play gw2 that much... I was around lv 14 and everything was killing me, really cool game though.
    Anyways mesmer from all the trailers i saw looked soo cool. I wish there were pink energy arms packs on eso.

I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!