The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PVE playing in Cyrodiil

Sagetim
Sagetim
✭✭✭
Just a friendly reminder... never trust that you are alone :)
Here is a short video to help remind you.
https://youtu.be/XnAAmvr8Khk
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reject the notion that any player is a PvE player in Cyrodiil.

Either way [snip] at that bomb.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 28, 2022 4:18PM
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭

Was not saying "that any player is a PvE player in Cyrodiil"??? just a friendly reminder to lookout. That's all
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sagetim wrote: »

Was not saying "that any player is a PvE player in Cyrodiil"??? just a friendly reminder to lookout. That's all

I was just joking around. Probably easy to miss when LM_O is apparently a profanity bypass...
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh.... that's actually a given. If you log your character into Cyrodiil.... and you leave the base.... you are no longer a pve player. At that point, you are fully involved in pvp.

If you can't accept that.... DO NOT GO THERE.

Serious. How hard is this? Apparently - way too hard.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Eh.... that's actually a given. If you log your character into Cyrodiil.... and you leave the base.... you are no longer a pve player. At that point, you are fully involved in pvp.

Some have NOOO idea. I'm getting chewed up in another thread on this. Like I said there, you cant jump the "do not cross" line at the zoo and be mad the lion ate you.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »

Some have NOOO idea. I'm getting chewed up in another thread on this. Like I said there, you cant jump the "do not cross" line at the zoo and be mad the lion ate you.

Except if you do, and it does, the lion could get put down for being a mankiller, so that might not be a great comparison.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Except if you do, and it does, the lion could get put down for being a mankiller, so that might not be a great comparison.

? They do that due to the danger to the handlers afterwards. Still can't be mad at it . Why would you walk into a lions den and expect it not to eat you cause "it's not fair"?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

? They do that due to the danger to the handlers afterwards. Still can't be mad at it . Why would you walk into a lions den and expect it not to eat you cause "it's not fair"?

I'm not arguing about whether the lion was right or wrong, or whether the person climbing into the lion's area was right or wrong, or whether the authorities who decide to put down the lion afterward were right or wrong. I'm just saying that, given the natural progression of your original example, you might want to think about coming up with a different example to use as an analogy or comparison.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm PvE and don't understand OP: personally, I very - very - rarely go to Cyrodiil. Once in a blue moon, instead of selling a treasure map, I go pick it up. In such cases, I go into version "no CP" and stay off roads. I never ever encounter anyone.

Once only, I met an enemy player. I did wave at him. He waved back and just waited without to kill me. After I had pick up the treasure, I went to him and shoot at him to show I wan to be killed. He then killed me and I was glad as it's the fastest way to go back to start wayshrine! I just regret I wasn't able to say ty . :D
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not arguing about whether the lion was right or wrong, or whether the person climbing into the lion's area was right or wrong, or whether the authorities who decide to put down the lion afterward were right or wrong. I'm just saying that, given the natural progression of your original example, you might want to think about coming up with a different example to use as an analogy or comparison.

Actually I think it's perfect. Pvp does what it does. Pve gets mad, then want to neuter or kill pvp when THEY jumped into the cage. Thank you !
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, best reminder as to why I don't like PvP in this game.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

whatever the game, pvp is pvp.

When you activate pvp mode in BDO, you can be attacked and die.
    When you activate pvp mode in NewWorld, you can be attacked and die.
    In eso, there is a zone you can choose to enter or not, with nothing else than pvp.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I think it's perfect. Pvp does what it does. Pve gets mad, then want to neuter or kill pvp when THEY jumped into the cage. Thank you !

Uh, except the way I see it, the zookeepers in your analogy would be ZOS, not the PvE players.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »

In eso, there is a zone you can choose to enter or not, with nothing else than pvp.

I mean in the sense of the unfairness.
    When I die in any other PvP game with fair mechanics like For Honor or even the old battle royale mode in Fallout 76, it always feels like it was my own fault, and I get to learn from it.
    When I die in any unfair PvP game (like ESO or Red Dead Online), dying never feels like it was my own fault, since there was nothing I could do to prevent it other than completely avoiding any sort of conflicts at all costs.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    142.8k AP :o Nice!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Lalocat
    Lalocat
    ✭✭✭
    What does a PVE player call getting oneshot at the transitus shrine with 50 other people?
    A deftick.

• Roukoru
    Roukoru
    ✭✭
    Long tale short: PvP is not mandatory, do it xor don't.

p.s. look at EVA, L2 or UO, where pvp is rEaLlY hOt thing.
    置之死地而后生 (In the land of death -- fight!)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »

I mean in the sense of the unfairness.
    When I die in any other PvP game with fair mechanics like For Honor or even the old battle royale mode in Fallout 76, it always feels like it was my own fault, and I get to learn from it.
    When I die in any unfair PvP game (like ESO or Red Dead Online), dying never feels like it was my own fault, since there was nothing I could do to prevent it other than completely avoiding any sort of conflicts at all costs.

How is it not your own fault?

You could be geared correctly and learn the mechanics of PvP.

That's what the person killing you has done.

What other advantage do they have that makes it unfair?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have done all the quests in Cyrodil, doing that I was killed once and that was my own fault running toward an player who I thought was friendly. Done all the skyshards on multiple alts also getting killed once, more commonly players will ignore each others in delves. I once killed an boss together with an enemy player, he was sneaking and a bit afk I think waiting for the boss to spawn, lay down an aoe on boss who hit him, he rolled out and we used ranged to kill boss.
    Afterward we went each other way.

Also got Cyrodil angler as part of master angler. Once fishing with an enemy player
    1pmEKRKh.jpg
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.